Miguel Freckleton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like a promising player but he'll be signed for the U18s/U23s and it will be a while before he makes it anywhere near the first team

Nice to see we appear to be a really attractive destination for these nonleague youngsters beating off some stiff competition
Agreed, its such a low risk strategy. I also love there seems to be a focus / strategy behind the academy.

The mix of those not making grade at big clubs and non-league prospects is good.

Jili, Starbuck, Fecklington, N'diaye, Peck, Lankshear etc

Only takes one to make the grade.

Agreed, its such a low risk strategy. I also love there seems to be a focus / strategy behind the academy.

The mix of those not making grade at big clubs and non-league prospects is good.

Jili, Starbuck, Fecklington, N'diaye, Peck, Lankshear etc

Only takes one to make the grade.
Exactly we’ve always been pretty strong at bringing through lads from the local area but just by the nature of things that isn’t going to consistently produce prospects for the first team so supplementing that with lads brought in makes sense. It’s something we’ve seemed to at least look at since around the time we brought brooks in but it seems to have gone onto over drive recently and I can only think Lesters reputation is helping.

Miguel Freckleton is a reyt name. Little bit Spanish, little bit English. I like it.

Calm down there Donnie & Marie.

I'm a little bit Spanish. I'm a little bit Rock N Roll.

How on earth do we keep beating these other teams (including PL clubs) to these promising youngsters??

Doesn't sound like the Sheffield United I know! But good work from the club!!

How on earth do we keep beating these other teams (including PL clubs) to these promising youngsters??

Doesn't sound like the Sheffield United I know! But good work from the club!!

Perhaps we are using some of the parachute payment money, paying more than others to make sure we guarantee a few decent youngsters all at the same time.

If we can up our quality, which produces decent result and players going through to the first team squad, then it may persuade others in the near future to come here too.

Hecky & Listers approach/reputation may be getting around the circuit too.

UTB

I'm not for a single second trusting anything that has been said by a man called Gregor McGregor.

giphy.gif

Perhaps we are using some of the parachute payment money, paying more than others to make sure we guarantee a few decent youngsters all at the same time.

If we can up our quality, which produces decent result and players going through to the first team squad, then it may persuade others in the near future to come here too.

UTB

Our club has a good reputation for producing decent players that go one to make in the premier league, lots of young players go straight to the premier league and are never given a chance. Fortunately or unfortunately we are known as a stepping stone.

UTB
yeah definitely, we have an excellent record for having a pathway for u23/u18 lads. Look at RND, Hackford, Ndiaye, Jebbison. Theres a high chance we will see Lopata, Ky Gordon, Broadbent, Lankshear, Seriki and Peck feature in the squad this or next season too. I think with Hecky at the helm the chance further increases. I think this is what they will be selling to these young lads signing, that we are following a strategy in which the youth levels are essential to success.

This will be a huge factor for lads coming here, one game like Jebbison vs Everton or Ndiaye vs Fulham, and you start getting big guns knocking. Loving this strategy so far, not sure it will work quite as well at PL level if we did go up, but i also think this would give us an opportunity to get Cat 1 status and push on with this strategy even more.

In case anyone is interested, the Carrier Bag Firm did a scouting report on Miguel when he trialed for the U23s.

Nice write up and nice beer selection. I quite like Bateman's beers. Keep up the good work!

It's quite an easy sell, compared to most club's academies in the country. So many examples to draw from, not only the 'big' names we have produced, but also those making a living in the Championship/rest of the EFL. People like Whiteman, Tyler Smith, Long, Kyle McFadzean are all regulars at Championship sides, as an example.

It does seem paramount for the club to really invest in the facilities, as the reputation will only go so far.

Our club has a good reputation for producing decent players that go one to make in the premier league, lots of young players go straight to the premier league and are never given a chance. Fortunately or unfortunately we are known as a stepping stone.

Indeed - Chelsea do it at a much higher level - if we can do this too, create players for our 1st team squad and make a few quid on sales then it has to be an option we should do.

The reputation has been built up slowly and that reputation now goes before us which is good, something which can't be said of our porcine neighbours - in fact I'd go so far as to say their ability to bring any sort of juniors through is an absolute disgrace considering the size of our City and the massiveness that they perceive themselves as.

One really big disappointment for me is the the Norton project never got off the ground as it would have catapulted United to a massive advantage in South Yorkshire for junior footballers and set us up for decades. Let's hope we can resurrect idea in the not too near distant future.

UTB

Got to say I am a big fan of these types of signings

Obviously the MAJORITY will not get near the first team, but it only takes one or two to make it and you reap the benefits. Plus the more darts you throw the higher your chances of success in that area.

Just recently n’daiye and Che Adam’s we’re picked up from the lower levels - there’s probably 30m+ of players there all things considered. That proves there are gems to be found who can play at the higher level.

The costs in comparison to 1 mcburnie/ Brewster are also minuscule. And if players can see a pathway to the first team it should make us an attractive prospect to them.

Imagine having a class off 2024 and Hecky becomes the new Fergie

Back
Top Bottom