Player Suggestion Michael Cooper -Plymouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Having a very good season at Plymouth Argyle in goal with very good performances and an ideal incoming now Olsen has gone

Looked good in the cup when we played them.
Indeed a friend of mine who watches him every week yep home and away tells me it’s a matter of time before he goes. Apparently commands his area and organises well in addition a great shot stopper.
Sounds like just what we need

Indeed a friend of mine who watches him every week yep home and away tells me it’s a matter of time before he goes. Apparently commands his area and organises well in addition a great shot stopper.
Sounds like just what we need
I’d take him fits the profile of young and on an upward trend. Crucially for me he’d be our player not someone in for 6 months and out

It might sound like a daft question but would Utd be able to afford him at present? I doubt wages would be an issue but Plymouth would be very reluctant to let him go and it appears he's contracted through to 2024 so he won't be cheap.

He would still be a risk - a big step-up from L1 to the Champ and he's born & bred in the SW. He'd have been the perfect sort to sign a year ago as understudy to Ramsdale - let him play in cup games and all U23 games and take on the #1 shirt when he's ready / when required.

It might sound like a daft question but would Utd be able to afford him at present? I doubt wages would be an issue but Plymouth would be very reluctant to let him go and it appears he's contracted through to 2024 so he won't be cheap.

He would still be a risk - a big step-up from L1 to the Champ and he's born & bred in the SW. He'd have been the perfect sort to sign a year ago as understudy to Ramsdale - let him play in cup games and all U23 games and take on the #1 shirt when he's ready / when required.
Who knows at some point we will have to sign someone and whilst Plymouth might ask a premium for a league one player that’s still cheaper in terms of fee and wages than shopping in the championship. If we do shift Olsen surely the savings on his wages alone should free up a decent chunk of budget.

Who knows at some point we will have to sign someone and whilst Plymouth might ask a premium for a league one player that’s still cheaper in terms of fee and wages than shopping in the championship. If we do shift Olsen surely the savings on his wages alone should free up a decent chunk of budget.
He’s more than capable very young prospect and affordable

He’s more than capable very young prospect and affordable

If the rumours that Utd had to sell before signing Souttar (if he'd agreed to come) are true, he would have to be fairly cheap in order for him to be "affordbale". How much do you think it would cost to prise him out of Plymouth?

IMO someone like him would be a good fit for a longer term strategy. Here and now though, I think getting Woodman (who has preformed well at Champ level previously) for the remainder of the season would be the best solution - he's more likely to be able to slot into the side even though I get the argument of wanting perm players recruited

If the rumours that Utd had to sell before signing Souttar (if he'd agreed to come) are true, he would have to be fairly cheap in order for him to be "affordbale". How much do you think it would cost to prise him out of Plymouth?
Now that’s the all important question me personally somewhere between £2 or £3 million may be enough for them to agree and remember the player would get more money and the chance to play for the famous Blades would be the carrot for him

Henderson, while contracted at Man Utd, was on loan at Shrewsbury before he came to us so there's no reason why this lad can't make the step up either.

Goalkeepers a bit different where there are only a handful in each squad and there's only one spot to fill, so, normally the first choice would be half decent as opposed to outfield players who can cover elsewhere if required.

Now that’s the all important question me personally somewhere between £2 or £3 million may be enough for them to agree and remember the player would get more money and the chance to play for the famous Blades would be the carrot for him

There's no way we're spending that on a player.

So we are up shit creek without a paddle then

What club in their right minds in the Championship and in this kind of economic slump spends that much money on a young keeper who has played for less than two seasons in League 1? I just don't see it. There's no need to pay that much and paying that much would be a massively inflated price.

Sure, if we sold McBurnie and Berge and got £30 million in, then maybe, if he's got brilliant potential, but I'd be doubtful then.

Woodman on loan with a permanent option should we actually get up would be ideal.

We wouldnt be able to afford him. There will be competition for him which rules us out. We cant compete with bigger championship sides never mind any premiership team that may be interested.

When is the last time the PIGS scored 4 goals in 1 league game. The PIGS haven't got a striker thats scores hat tricks now and then like Sunderland, Wigan & Millers have. 4 individual scorers @ S6 today.
How did you know he had a bad game he didn’t answer he may have made outstanding saves. I don’t know because I wasn’t there (I’m a Blade )

When is the last time the PIGS scored 4 goals in 1 league game. The PIGS haven't got a striker thats scores hat tricks now and then like Sunderland, Wigan & Millers have. 4 individual scorers @ S6 today.
I caught the first 20 minutes or so on the radio as I was out and about and he made two great saves according the to commentary as Wednesday we’re all over Plymouth no idea after that as I got home and put the United match on

I caught the first 20 minutes or so on the radio as I was out and about and he made two great saves according the to commentary as Wednesday we’re all over Plymouth no idea after that as I got home and put the United match on
Yea he kept the score down according ro
A pig I know in both half’s

We could do worse than Wes, Cooper and Eastwood. Hopefully Hecky at least has his eye on the lad.

Michael Cooper is fit and ready for the season after recovering from injury…A brilliant keeper would walk in as first choice keeper. Get him in £3 million would do it

Back
Top Bottom