MGW - saint or sinner?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion time. MGW is clearly our most exciting player and he has made a massive difference to the team‘s creativity but he was lucky to stay on the pitch again today, particularly given how many cards the ref dished out in the 1st half, and he misses more chances than the rest of the team creates. It may be that he’s trying too hard and you can’t knock him for that but it would be good to see Super Jack take him under his wing and help him to deliver some more composed performances.

Unpopular opinion time. MGW is clearly our most exciting player and he has made a massive difference to the team‘s creativity but he was lucky to stay on the pitch again today, particularly given how many cards the ref dished out in the 1st half, and he misses more chances than the rest of the team creates. It may be that he’s trying too hard and you can’t knock him for that but it would be good to see Super Jack take him under his wing and help him to deliver some more composed performances.
Everyone of the cards was deserved.

There was a good thread on this last week after the Cov match where the poster basically said MGW could use his talent more effectively, passing more and running at players rather than the fancy touches for fancies sake.

I completely agreed and I think he was great today, best game for the club I reckon. Good passing, direct, effective, he did great.

I think MGW holds the key for us for the rest of the season. We tick with him in the side and if he gets recalled to Wolves in Jan, I can only see us struggling.

There was a good thread on this last week after the Cov match where the poster basically said MGW could use his talent more effectively, passing more and running at players rather than the fancy touches for fancies sake.

I completely agreed and I think he was great today, best game for the club I reckon. Good passing, direct, effective, he did great.
There’s a time and place for the flicks and tricks. Not nearly every time you get the ball and not in the middle of the park.
I certainly hope he doesn’t lose that ambition and flare but today showed that he could use his talent by playing the right ball and getting into space.
I can forgive him the odd yellow card because it is generally because he is trying and often due to frustration. Good performance from him today and I really hope we can keep him.

Yeah it was me. He played great today. Still played with flair, but toned it down a bit

But he gets in positions to create those chances that others can’t

Atleast hes putting it out there, playing with heart, its something that's been missing in most of the team this season and last!
Aslong as the red doesnt come, I hope he keeps going, seems to spur on the rest.

MGW is a very good player who will do well for Wolves. They loaned him to get the youth and quick temper out of him his cards are what they want to get out of him. He will learn in the Championship and go back a better player. I just hope that we can keep him until the summer.

I wish he'd stop diving trying to get a penalty.

He's young. If he had an end product, better decisions and more defensive attributes he'd be in the Wolves first team.

MGW is a very good player who will do well for Wolves. They loaned him to get the youth and quick temper out of him his cards are what they want to get out of him. He will learn in the Championship and go back a better player. I just hope that we can keep him until the summer.
Wolves currently in 6th. MGW playing every week for us as a key player is likely to be more use to them than him sitting in the stand for the rest of the season. Touch wood that they see it the same way as me

Wolves currently in 6th. MGW playing every week for us as a key player is likely to be more use to them than him sitting in the stand for the rest of the season. Touch wood that they see it the same way as me
Wolves are down to 16 first team players. They're knocking on the door of a bit of a crisis at the moment. And they were dogshit against Norwich.

Fingers crossed though 😅

Like all young, promising players who go out on loan, its to iron out the weaknesses, bad habits on someone else's time rather than his parent club. If he was the finished article, he’d either be in the Wolves first 18 or he’d have been judged NGE and flogged on a perm to the highest bidder with a nice fat sell on/buy back clause.

Hopefully MGW will learn this stuff while he’s here. Wolves get an improved player, and we get quality we couldn’t afford permanently. Its judging wether the upside of his raw talent overrides his moments of overplaying, and rashness. For me, its a big fat yes- he plays every week because he adds things nobody else does and can do things out of nothing. He can score, he can create. He also seems to be a nice kid, and has a great attitude. We’re lucky to have him.

Wolves don't have to recall him for their 1st team they can recall and loan or sell to another club.

Hopefully he carries on trying to do them flicks n tricks so the wolves staff realise that he is not ready/will never make it into the first team squad and is clearly a lost cause and needed to be sold or loaned to us for a bit longer

We need to get Berge into the centre midfield and start letting him run though and feed MGW with decent passes.

MGW needs some different type of coaching from Hecky & McCall now - he needs to use the fancy stuff a little less and concentrate more on getting better in the 18 yard box with NO silly theatricals that some players get attached to them.

343 or 3421 suits how MGW wants to play.

Anyone else excited for the treats that may be coming from now on?

UTB

Tactic for the last 2 games has largely been ‘gi it to MGW or Didz and they’ll do summat’

He’s frustrating and the dives and silly fouls are annoying, but he’s class on the ball

Very pleased with him so far, from the first game he showed a commitment & energy that shamed some of our more senior players. He is a live wire & a box of tricks, something different to what we have, & other than cutting out the occasional bit of diving I hope he continues in the same vein for as long as we have him.

Back
Top Bottom