Incoming? Matt Richie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would take him

We may be stocked at lwb but he's still better than the lot of em

Never liked the Gordon-Ramsay-looking-guy.

Was decent some time back though. Anywhere on left side.

Past his best but he could do a job for 1-2 seasons IMHO - fairly versatile, good energy, experienced, played 6 or the last 7 seasons in the Prem, despite a few injuries still played in ~50% of Newcastle's games over the last 3 seasons.

First noticed him for Swindon v Utd in L1 (a most boring 0-0) when he looked a level above everyone else on the pitch. He actually played Right Mid that night and I've also seen him play as a #10.

He even reminds me of Duffy in a few ways.

Last edited:
Short term loan whilst Danny Boyle is out?

Most likely nothing in it imho.

If this is a loan I'm all over it. Cam still do a job in the premier league never mind the championship. Plus hes a horrible little bastard so we will love him.

Definitely someone that West Brom or Stoke would sign.

He'd be a great little player for us. Can't realistically see it though unless Newcastle partially subsidised his wages to allow him out on loan. With Clark his ex team-mate being here I think there would be someone putting in a good word for us to. I'd very much like to see him in a Blades shirt.

He has undoubted quality, he peaked about 4/5 years ago and not done too much since. When he was at his peak he was one of the best in the prem so no denying his ability. Wether he can get any of that back is another question. At worst he would be a good sub, but back in some kind of form he could be a level above what we have at the moment.

He has undoubted quality, he peaked about 4/5 years ago and not done too much since. When he was at his peak he was one of the best in the prem so no denying his ability. Wether he can get any of that back is another question. At worst he would be a good sub, but back in some kind of form he could be a level above what we have at the moment.
I like the positivity, but;

Decent Prem player at his peak? Yes

"one of the best in Prem"? No

He Was decent a while ago.

Not someone I’d be particularly keen on. Big age, big wages, big injuries. We Should be chasing potential in new signings for me.
Leeds I agree but it seems we cant afford the transfer fees.been asked for potential after buying the Bosnian lad. Therefore loans are the only way forward.

For one season I think Richie would be an astute loan, he plays a position which despite us having numbers in is a weakness and he is still premier league quality

A few things would concern me.

1. Whose spot is he going to take? He plays wide, not centrally. So either he takes minutes of N'Diaye or Khadra (if he comes) or Berge, or he takes minutes off a left wing back of which we have 4 options already including Osborn.

2. He hasn't been a consistent goal scorer since 2016/17 and that is more likely the role there we need.

3. He's 33 in September. It's inevitable he'll be more prone to injury.

4. He's probably on high wages and may not even be a regular.

I'd rather have someone who is younger and with a better potential attacking output on less wages and I'd rather see N'Diaye flourish rather than be stymied by a highly paid older pro coming in.

I don't know what standard he is at now, most of us probably dont. But a left sided player, who can cross the ball with quality would have been my absolute priority at the start of the transfer window. Maybe, this is addressed if Lowe has returned a new and improved player, but Ritchie could really whip the ball in. But, like other posters, I don't think we will be bringing in another player in these positions, given the amount we have, regardless of their ability to clear the first man.

Champagne he would be a regular, hes a massive upgrade on any left wing.back we have. We have struggled with getting good balls into the box, he would fix that.

Whether we want to spend a.big wage on another left sided player is up for debate, whether hes better than what we have isnt.

Back
Top Bottom