Marc Brys

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
Mentioned in one of the Star articles.

Interestingly Transfermarkt says his preferred formation is 3-4-1-2.

He also used to manage Beerschot. I think he got them promoted to the top division.

One for PurpleRain to comment!

Brys is a very good manager. Won the cup for us in 2005 with a limited squad. He also won some promotions in his career. But he has a golden cage at OH Leuven where the millions from the Leicester owner are spent like there is no tomorrow. I doubt he can be easily tempted away. Genk tried this winter but Brys said he has the support of the Thai owners to chase a championship title with oh Leuven and the commitment to spend further to realize this ambition. If there is a possibility, I can certainly recommend him. He stands for physically, long training sessions and attractive football and his assistant is a master in creative set pieces. A bit of a Belgian version of Bielsa.

Sounds like he’s a cutting edge kind of guy, but I’d be worried about him losing his head #jewishhumour

He’s got a look of Derek that’s for sure.

Doesn’t stick around anywhere for longer than a season or two - is that normal PurpleRain for the Belgian leagues?

Brys is a very good manager. Won the cup for us in 2005 with a limited squad. He also won some promotions in his career. But he has a golden cage at OH Leuven where the millions from the Leicester owner are spent like there is no tomorrow. I doubt he can be easily tempted away. Genk tried this winter but Brys said he has the support of the Thai owners to chase a championship title with oh Leuven and the commitment to spend further to realize this ambition. If there is a possibility, I can certainly recommend him. He stands for physically, long training sessions and attractive football and his assistant is a master in creative set pieces. A bit of a Belgian version of Bielsa.

Just looking at how OH Leuven came to be, it was the amalgamation of three local clubs quite recently. It’s hard to imagine such a thing in Sheffield, was there opposition to the merger at the time, do you remember?

He’s got a look of Derek that’s for sure.

Doesn’t stick around anywhere for longer than a season or two - is that normal PurpleRain for the Belgian leagues?
My view is that he is very high demanding for his players and he squeezes a team like a lemon. Positive is that he gets the best out of a group of players but after 2 years they are knackered and he moves on. Must add that he is also aged and grown experience in the meantime and probably has added more balance in his working methods to avoid the burn out after 2 successful seasons. He was innovative in Belgium for very long training sessions, 3 sessions a day, often more than 2 hours per session. His players are extremely fit but working harder than all the rest only works for a certain period.

My view is that he is very high demanding for his players and he squeezes a team like a lemon. Positive is that he gets the best out of a group of players but after 2 years they are knackered and he moves on. Must add that he is also aged and grown experience in the meantime and probably has added more balance in his working methods to avoid the burn out after 2 successful seasons. He was innovative in Belgium for very long training sessions, 3 sessions a day, often more than 2 hours per session. His players are extremely fit but working harder than all the rest only works for a certain period.

Would be interesting to see how that works in England PurpleRain - the Championship is a division of 24 clubs and we have two cup competitions. There’s lots of games and I think that workload would be very difficult to sustain.

Just looking at how OH Leuven came to be, it was the amalgamation of three local clubs quite recently. It’s hard to imagine such a thing in Sheffield, was there opposition to the merger at the time, do you remember?
There is always opposition for mergers. But in the case of Leuven they have very low numbers, not too many people care about the club and so not many will protest. They are not a tradition club like Sheffield.

It’s not everything I know but as well as having no managerial honours/experience of the English game, it’s a step up in terms of club size.

His current club are really small with average attendances of under 5,000.

Big gamble as has been said. I do have doubts about whether JVW knows what is required in the Championship. I’m not expecting Wilder Mk 2 but still..

Back
Top Bottom