Match Thread Manchester City v. Sheffield United - 29th Dec 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANC
MANC
MANC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1577466110924.png v. 1577466129256.png
EPL Week 20 - Sunday 29th December 2019 - Etihad Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
-

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Fourth Official: John Brooks
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 11.27.41.png

Away Fans Guide:

Attachments

• Sheffield United Service Information (Away).pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Play this game 100 times and 90 of those times City win, 6 times it’s a draw 4 times we would get a win.

This is a monumentally tough ask, I think all we can do is play our game in our way and see where it gets us, if one of their numerous world class stars creates or scores a couple of worldys there is not that much you can do.

We have done outstanding well so far to be in the position that if we lose the next two it shouldn’t matter that much to the outcome of the season.

• Admin
TV listings updated.

Play this game 100 times and 90 of those times City win, 6 times it’s a draw 4 times we would get a win.

This is a monumentally tough ask, I think all we can do is play our game in our way and see where it gets us, if one of their numerous world class stars creates or scores a couple of worldys there is not that much you can do.

We have done outstanding well so far to be in the position that if we lose the next two it shouldn’t matter that much to the outcome of the season.
I think the loss of Ederson is huge. Their back line can be got at. Get Mousset running at calamity Otamendi and see what happens.

KDB is the one I fear the most. At the minute he is probably the best player in the world after Messi. To get anything we are going to have to keep him quiet.

Obviously they are massive favourites and to come away with anything would be a big upset but I can see us scoring.

Seen as I can’t back against us I will go for a 2-2 draw.

Weird one this.

On the one hand I could see us pulling off an incredible point.

On the other, I could see it being our first tousing of the season.

Start of the season I saw this as one of those where it was a case of damage limitation and just hoping we come away proud. Would never have imagined that instead in the run up I'd be genuinely contemplating taking a point or 3 and maintaining an unbeaten away record stretching back to the start of a season. Still amazed.

The defeat last night will have knocked them, the loss of their first team keeper and less recovery time are all good things for us but on the other hand they're going to be looking to bounce back in a big way and we may be the victims of that.

Knock 'em out while they're still groggy!

No matter how you look at it they're still a great team, but it has been shown numerous times this season not invincible, play our normal game just watch out for Sterling (the diver). Their biggest threat is KDB I rate him as best on planet ATM above even Messi.

Ok, so this looks like a tough one lol. However they do have a few players missing, and by 'their standards' their form is not what they'd be used to. However, unfortunately Aguero is back (who I consider to be the best striker in the PL) and this is gonna take some performance to avoid our second away defeat of 2019.

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

A couple of minor knocks?

To who?

Fatigue?

Perhaps Lys starts this one?

They had a tough game Thursday evening. Realistically they ain't winning the league. So 3 cups to go for. We've had Thursday early evening to Sunday evening to 'rest'. They will have had friday night to sunday evening. It's probably about the best scenario we could have hoped for, for the away trip to Manchester City. Previous stats suggest we won't score. However 11 months and 20 odd days ago, we'd NEVER lost to Barnet. This is a different SUFC to previous PL seasons. Do we dare?

Not such a difficult prediction head wise. 3 nil home victory. But FK it. 1-1 for me, or even....

Travel safe guys

UTB

Should be set for a great game to watch against city regardless of the outcome, two footballing teams regardless of the side they pick due to the managers

Cant for one minute see us approaching this over confidently, CW just won’t let it happen.

A win would simply top off the best year I’ve ever been part of at United (I’m not the oldest in the stands 😂)

Don’t change our approach, stick to what we’re good at and start Mousset.

UTB

Ok, so this looks like a tough one lol. However they do have a few players missing, and by 'their standards' their form is not what they'd be used to. However, unfortunately Aguero is back (who I consider to be the best striker in the PL) and this is gonna take some performance to avoid our second away defeat of 2019.

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

A couple of minor knocks?

To who?

Fatigue?

Perhaps Lys starts this one?

They had a tough game Thursday evening. Realistically they ain't winning the league. So 3 cups to go for. We've had Thursday early evening to Sunday evening to 'rest'. They will have had friday night to sunday evening. It's probably about the best scenario we could have hoped for, for the away trip to Manchester City. Previous stats suggest we won't score. However 11 months and 20 odd days ago, we'd NEVER lost to Barnet. This is a different SUFC to previous PL seasons. Do we dare?

Not such a difficult prediction head wise. 3 nil home victory. But FK it. 1-1 for me, or even....

Travel safe guys

UTB

☃ ☃

COME ON BLADES, LOUD N PROUD!!

Of all the games I want us to win this season, the champions away has to be the one!
We're far better than Norwich and they managed it, I just hope we get some shots on goal, we all know Bravo isn't the best keeper, so today I would hope we try and exploit that.
Start Didzy n Moose up top, we're guna need some speed.

I think we will be fine
its teams that park the bus we have problem with
our press and movement can harm their indifferent current defence , enhanced by Alison being absent

mcgoldrick winner would be nice 1-2

of course we have a chance wigan beat man city In fa cup & we are 11 players a side it starts 0-0

but I really worry about this game because we up against a manager who is 1 of the best of all time I think he has won every there is to win in 3 countries mostly numerous times become the 1st team to retain the premier league in 11 yrs breaking old points record twice. ive seen people saying they are weakened but depending on how its rotated we have got to worry about 6 of this 10 De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Gundogan, Rodri & Mahrez. with talent we have got to be on our defensive game we cant be making the mistakes we made at Watford sloppy in possession 30yds out because city would have a field day. but even the games ive watched where man city are struggling & de bruyne or david silva will play this magical ball to striker on a sixpence in a crowded penalty box to get a goal. where you cant blame the defence only applaud the striker

also this should be on tv, there should be a package any game that sky & BT arent televising, that isn't on Saturday at 3pm should go to for example amazon. because its ridiculous you can only way to legally keep up with this game is going or radio Sheffield in 2019. nearly 2020

Should be set for a great game to watch against city regardless of the outcome, two footballing teams regardless of the side they pick due to the managers

Cant for one minute see us approaching this over confidently, CW just won’t let it happen.

A win would simply top off the best year I’ve ever been part of at United (and I’m one of the oldest in the stands 😂)

Don’t change our approach, stick to what we’re good at and start Mousset.

UTB
corrected it for you ⚔️⚔️😊😊

Their level of performance is incredibly erratic this season, whereas ours has been steadily excellent [as it generally has been under Wilder tbf]. They may well out play us, but they won't out work us and their defence is as shaky as hell.

One thing that I am sure of is that we shouldn't fear them. Considering that we went toe to toe with a team who are the European & World champions, and who are leaving Citeh in the dust this season, then there is no reason that we can't put on a very strong showing today.

Got a sneaky feeling that we will limit their chances and nick something; equally if we do get tonked then life goes on.

2-2.

Sterling and Jesus for them; Stevens and Mousse for us.

I am afraid i see a City backlash coming, the only result I can see for us is a 0-0 , and that will take some doing !

I’m going 4-1 to city with Didzy getting his first prem goal for us

I was really optimistic about this one, right up until the point Wolves beat them. Now I'm thinking, they're not gonna let that happen twice on the bounce so I'd be surprised if they don't come at us all guns blazing!
The good thing is though that they're weak at the back (by their standards!) and with the ironically named Bravo in goal (assuming it will be him and not Carson), then this is as gooder time to play them ad there ever will be. The worry for me is Aguero. With him subbed so early on Friday, he's had an extra games rest after injury. He's deadly and even our solid defense could struggle if he's fit. Not sure if Jesus is well???

The supporters coach has just driven past Hillsborough as the Wednesday fans were arriving. I think the coach driver has a death wish, but it was good to see a lower league football ground again 😂

Hi.

How can I get IPTV? Do I need it to watch the channels listed at the beginning of this thread like bein etc..?
Thanks

Lundstram out injured is doing the rounds on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom