Make the changes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
We needed a revamp and complete refresh yet Slav picks more or less the same players that were hammered game after game last season. What lessons have been learned? None on the evidence of tonight's performance. It's early days, Slav needs time. But start making the changes. Fleck and Norwood are done. They need leaving out or moving on. No goals in three games tells it's own story. Didzy should be on the bench. He looks tired. It's not just the strikers it's the lack of creativity and energy from midfield. There is no service. No width. The players look exhausted. 3 games in. All this was known from last season. We've just picked up where we left off. Use the younger players, don't keep picking the same tired players game after game and expecting them to magically click. This has been going on for eighteen months.

I keep saying play the midfield and forwards of the U23s now and supplement with 2 or 3 creative new players for midfield and wings if not playing wing backs.
Let the old guard fight for game time plus now buy a decent keeper.
In all areas it's time for major changes.

Who can he put in?

Fleck and Norwood are done? They are 50% of the senior midfielders at the club. We have no options because the recruitment has been done without any semblance of a plan for 2 years.

no width and creativity? its because we have assembled a squad without any at all.

You think Slav wouldn’t have wanted a few new players so far? We are letting him down

if we wanted to trot out the same old shit again, we should have given heckingbottom the job

Bullied and out muscled!!!! Never thought I would say that about us. Keeper must have been shitting himself every time it was launched into our box, knowing full well the defenders in front of him could not cope. If the board does not get their arse in gear, and bring in some YOUNG fresh blood, it will be a long hard season. People slagging Slav off, bear in mind, the players he inherited are all Wilder's. I think its time for Fleck, Norwood, Sharp, Didzy, to be taken out of the firing line altogether.
What cause's me most concern is our recruitment process. How come other teams, Bristol City etc, seem to get their targets over the line quickly. Derby won away tonight, Jags, Davies and Stearman , old men Lol!!! well, they won everything out there.

Bullied and out muscled!!!! Never thought I would say that about us. Keeper must have been shitting himself every time it was launched into our box, knowing full well the defenders in front of him could not cope. If the board does not get their arse in gear, and bring in some YOUNG fresh blood, it will be a long hard season. People slagging Slav off, bear in mind, the players he inherited are all Wilder's. I think its time for Fleck, Norwood, Sharp, Didzy, to be taken out of the firing line altogether.
What cause's me most concern is our recruitment process. How come other teams, Bristol City etc, seem to get their targets over the line quickly. Derby won away tonight, Jags, Davies and Stearman , old men Lol!!! well, they won everything out there.
We seem to have more trouble than any club i know getting new players in the door. Even across the city find it easier than us getting players in and they are not likely to get bloody paid.

We have been getting bullied and out muscled for the last 15 months

Who can he put in?

Fleck and Norwood are done? They are 50% of the senior midfielders at the club. We have no options because the recruitment has been done without any semblance of a plan for 2 years.

no width and creativity? its because we have assembled a squad without any at all.

You think Slav wouldn’t have wanted a few new players so far? We are letting him down

if we wanted to trot out the same old shit again, we should have given heckingbottom the job
Totally agree with all of that. Probably add Berge to the list as well. None of them offer any protection for the defence or offer anything creative for the strikers. Total waste of time doing anything if we don't get a whole new midfield.

Atleast Lundstram managed to be our best Midfielder tonight!!

Totally agree with all of that. Probably add Berge to the list as well. None of them offer any protection for the defence or offer anything creative for the strikers. Total waste of time doing anything if we don't get a whole new midfield.

Agree 3 new midfielders (including 2 attacking ones / wide forwards) is a must.

along with another CB (don’t need to see Robinson again) and a keeper

But, but, but, it was covid
And no fans

And all of these things that we had to put up with that nobody else had..............errr yeah OK

It affected us worse though, innit'.. I never bought into the COVID/no fans excuse. The pandemic just coincided with our shitness & second season syndrome, the signs were there in early 2020.

The line up was disappointing again. I would have liked to see Ndiaye Berge Freeman Osborn in midfield. But Norwood and Fleck again. Even if it doesn't work try something different, because what we have now is utter dross. We know from last season Billy and McBurnie upfront doesn't work. Sure, Slav's options are limited without signings but try something different at least.

The line up was disappointing again. I would have liked to see Ndiaye Berge Freeman Osborn in midfield. But Norwood and Fleck again. Even if it doesn't work try something different, because what we have now is utter dross. We know from last season Billy and McBurnie upfront doesn't work. Sure, Slav's options are limited without signings but try something different at least.

the biggest issue with not bringing players in is that players are not getting pushed for their positions.

the ship seems to have sailed anyway and can’t think of anyone in midfield that we could get in now that would make people raise their game at worst

Back
Top Bottom