Player Suggestion Macauley Langstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back to back POTM awards… 15 goals in 13 games. The Non-League Haaland

Big step up from Gateshead via the Magpies. I guess others will have noted that he is the first player to win back to back POTM awards in the 5th tier.

Big step up from Gateshead via the Magpies. I guess others will have noted that he is the first player to win back to back POTM awards in the 5th tier.
He scored 30 last season in VNL north. Might not be long before he's banging them numbers in at L1/L2 level and he's got 5 more seasons before peak-age. If we look to players like Vardy, Wright and Toney it's not impossible he'll be PL soon

He scored 30 last season in VNL north. Might not be long before he's banging them numbers in at L1/L2 level and he's got 5 more seasons before peak-age. If we look to players like Vardy, Wright and Toney it's not impossible he'll be PL soon
I agree, but joining us now is probably too big a step. Once he is scoring in L2 the Premiership teams may be after him so we had better get promoted so we can snap him up !

I agree, but joining us now is probably too big a step. Once he is scoring in L2 the Premiership teams may be after him so we had better get promoted so we can snap him up !
You're not wrong, and if we go up i'd hope for a better standard of player, but i do think with these sorts of potential-players you need to get in there early and take the risk even if they'd be far from 1st team

Get in there in January give him some first team appearances as a bench option, if we go up loan him to the Championship or L1

Screenshot_20221014-125713.png
Obviously not necessarily any relevance just a notts county fan saying we're interested.. you never know tho 👀

He hasn't got the athletic traits that they had though. He's more Billy Sharp

sounds good to me... and maybe more likely to succeed if he does have that goalscoring instinct like his stats suggest
Can't see prem clubs taking him as pace is everything in the prem
EFL is a different ball game entirely! I would think he would have his choice if the goals keep coming.

That’s how he sees himself (interview in Nottingham Post).
Sounds like a grounded individual who knows what he has got.
On the back of that I would take him as someone with that awareness will work very hard to make the best of what he has got and try to improve on his short comings.
Sharpy has never had pace (prem player if he had) he's had a great career though
due to his application and natural ability at finishing .
This kid may not have Sharpy-s instinct ! Worth a gamble though his figures are great and he maybe a late developer.

wow just keeps on going… 18 goals in 16 games is great for any level, i think it’d be interesting to see how he copes at championship level, if he bags even half of them goals at this level he’d be a steal

wow just keeps on going… 18 goals in 16 games is great for any level, i think it’d be interesting to see how he copes at championship level, if he bags even half of them goals at this level he’d be a steal

He's already 25, nearly 26. Sure, some players take longer to come through than others, but is he:

a) better than anyone we've got right now
b) ever going to develop into someone who will be prolific at the top end of the Championship?

I think a is clearly no, as for b, say we loaned him straight back to County for the rest of the season, then let him stay there for another year if promoted or looked at a random L1/upper end L2 club if they don't. How old is he at that stage, and is he just going to be blocking minutes for Jebbo/Osula who are six years younger and have clearly higher ceilings?

Edit - seems like it'd be a better punt for a team that's looking to survive in the Championship, rather than promote out of it

No doubt a gamble, but I guess the same applied to Vardy and look what Leicester ended up with.....we're not exactly flush with money so maybe this type of gamble/risk is what we have to do. I've never quite understood the comments/criticisms that Sharp isn't fast. What he has always had is the type of quick response that often gives him the edge over a defender.

For where we are it might be that in signing a player like this we unearth a diamond in the rough, and we all know how rare they are to be replaced.

I've never quite understood the comments/criticisms that Sharp isn't fast. What he has always had is the type of quick response that often gives him the edge over a defender.
Precisely this.

Shearer was never overly fast, particularly after the knee injury.

It was his footballing intelligence that gave him the edge over almost every defender he came up against.

Back
Top Bottom