Louie Sibley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ISZA ⚔️

Reaction score
Derby are fucked financially are they not? This kid could be a tidy acquisition. Some lovely play from him tonight.

Played well, easily their best player

These are the kind of signings we need to be making. Grimes at swansea too. I know it takes the piss buying from clubs in the shit but they’d do it to us in a heartbeat

Neither would be cheap even with their respective clubs looks to reduce costs / realise sales. Unless Berge goes for at or close to what Utd are seeking, there's no chance players of that calibre will be joining.

Neither would be cheap even with their respective clubs looks to reduce costs / realise sales. Unless Berge goes for at or close to what Utd are seeking, there's no chance players of that calibre will be joining.
Suppose, although grimes is in the last year of his contract & reports say swansea want 5 mil but would settle for less. They want to sign max lowe, if we chuck him + 2 mil at it surely that’s better than paying a 1 mil loan fee to newcastle for longstaff for example. Maybe that’s not realistic but I’d be much happier with the board trying something like that than the current aimless strategy

I may be wrong but I thought I read he's heading to Fulham - they'll blow Utd out of the water wrt wages even if SJ was keen.

The whole recruitment policy seems to have got really lazy.

Wait to the end of th window and then just borrow who the PL teams don't want.

Not rocket science. We could do it on here!

Where are we searching for the lower league Jebbisons etc like Everton are trying to do?

Reading were apparently interested in Sibley too.

Exactly the type of signing we should be making.

Wanted him as early as last January but looks like he’s heading to transfer embargoed reading

These are the kind of signings we need to be making. Grimes at swansea too. I know it takes the piss buying from clubs in the shit but they’d do it to us in a heartbeat
We're after loans mate doubt Derby would let him go.

Two years PL money but can’t compete with the mighty Reading? Unbelievable.

Or maybe, just maybe, Utd aren't interested in the player and therefore aren't competing with Reading rather than not being able to compete with them.

A lot of the planning will depend on how SJ plans to set-up the side - while I could see a player like Sibley fitting into a 4-2-3-1, I can't see how he'd naturally fit into a 4-3-3

Or maybe, just maybe, Utd aren't interested in the player and therefore aren't competing with Reading rather than not being able to compete with them.

A lot of the planning will depend on how SJ plans to set-up the side - while I could see a player like Sibley fitting into a 4-2-3-1, I can't see how he'd naturally fit into a 4-3-3
Or maybe, just maybe, we are a complete shambles which is why we have only brought in one loan player despite glaring weaknesses in the team.

I’ve said it before, can’t really complain that the prince is trying to be sustainable. But he also has to be realistic, because its almost impossible not to work at a deficit and be successful in this division. I wonder if he knows that other clubs that are embargoed are making deals and taking risks, it embarrassing for us so should be for him.

if we are going to a truly sustainable club then aside from a miracle season, we will have to accept floating around in the championship/league one for the foreseeable. Because our infrastructure isn’t good enough at the moment

1. to be able to indentify cheap talent using a wide scouting pool.
  2. We don’t have the academy set up (grade) or facilities to produce enough talent ready to drop straight in.

Last edited:
I really wasn’t impressed with him last night. Scored but didn’t do much else

I don’t see how reading who are under an embargo and limited on the wages they can pay per week can afford to sign him.

Derby are fucked financially are they not? This kid could be a tidy acquisition. Some lovely play from him tonight.
It seems we’re on the verge of being fucked financially too...We should never have built that pesky south stand!

Or maybe, just maybe, we are a complete shambles which is why we have only brought in one loan player despite glaring weaknesses in the team.
Whilst I agree that our transfer policy isn't great, you can't have a go at the club for not getting a player that we aren't interested in... Were you upset that Messi went to PSG?

Some people need to get a grip.

Back
Top Bottom