Roy's View From... Loan Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers Panchero!

On it third! Thanks. Some great plaudits for our loan lads and bodes well for us. Hopefully....

Loving the misguided Millwall fan's view of Burke:
“When you don’t play regularly then you lose your touch and your match fitness (unless you never had it in the first place) He probably has what it takes (no he doesn't) but it is all about finding it again (no he can't) and showing the football world what he can do (already has and it isn't much). He has played for Scotland many times so he can’t be that hopeless (yes he can). I do realise that Scotland have had their fair share of plonkers pulling on the shirt but they have also had some gems who have played well for them (he isn't one of them).”

“It’s OK having pace as long as the ball stays at his feet, from what I,ve seen his first touch ain’t great”

81FC8D63-95FD-4C33-99F2-86174429707A.gif

I would be recalling Lowe tommroow morning

Best LB in the league according to whoscored and it weakens one of our main Play off rivals

Plus he’s probably the best left back option we have going forward

I would be recalling Lowe tommroow morning

Best LB in the league according to whoscored and it weakens one of our main Play off rivals

Plus he’s probably the best left back option we have going forward
bizarre that we arent tbh, send em rnd

Cheers Roy. A good read and optimism. ! ( well maybe)

bizarre that we arent tbh, send em rnd
I suspect the reason why we’re not might be financial. We’ve off loaded two premier league wages from the books in Burke and Olsen. Stevens will definitely be on high wages he was our starting left back in the prem and Lowe was a prem signing even if it was for depth his wages will still be fairly high by championship standards whereas RND will be on a comparatively low wage as he was just a youth prospect coming through.

In light of this I think it’s a question of Stevens or Lowe as opposed to Lowe or RND. Stevens is a more difficult player to move on loan due to his age so I wouldn’t expect Lowe to be recalled to the lane unless someone makes a completely shock bid for Stevens

I suspect the reason why we’re not might be financial. We’ve off loaded two premier league wages from the books in Burke and Olsen. Stevens will definitely be on high wages he was our starting left back in the prem and Lowe was a prem signing even if it was for depth his wages will still be fairly high by championship standards whereas RND will be on a comparatively low wage as he was just a youth prospect coming through.

In light of this I think it’s a question of Stevens or Lowe as opposed to Lowe or RND. Stevens is a more difficult player to move on loan due to his age so I wouldn’t expect Lowe to be recalled to the lane unless someone makes a completely shock bid for Stevens
Makes sense

Ignoring the Burke panto ( ;) ), some pleasing stuff there especially Jebbison (expected) and Lopata.

"When you don’t play regularly then you lose your touch and your match fitness. He probably has what it takes but it is all about finding it again and showing the football world what he can do. He has played for Scotland many times so he can’t be that hopeless."

Oh you sweet summer child.

"When you don’t play regularly then you lose your touch and your match fitness. He probably has what it takes but it is all about finding it again and showing the football world what he can do. He has played for Scotland many times so he can’t be that hopeless."

Oh you sweet summer child.
They’ll all know soon enough

Polish Maldini - love it!

true.. it just goes to show how potless we are atm, just imagine if we were offered the best left back in the league for the price of wages! snap their hands off! if we cant afford him back we should make it happen, loan one of our strikers out or sell verrips

true.. it just goes to show how potless we are atm, just imagine if we were offered the best left back in the league for the price of wages! snap their hands off! if we cant afford him back we should make it happen, loan one of our strikers out or sell verrips
I think we are really up against it wage wise everything we’re doing seems to point that way. I think we would dearly like one or both of Berge and Mcburnie out of the door preferably for a decent fee. Verrips I think is already gone there appears to be a mandatory option to buy on that deal so that money can be freed up anyway.

Given we seem to be strapped for cash I don’t think we’ll be in a position to really revamp the squad until Norwood, Stevens, Fleck, Billy, Didzy, Egan, Berge come off the wage bill whether that’s sold, released or renegotiated. In light of that I’d be exploring trying to get out of the hourihane deal not because he isn’t decent at this level but purely because his wages will be astronomical and for that kind of outlay you’d be wanting a premier player at this level in return a real difference maker someone who impacts games the way MGW does.

Its not the blades way we are too nice

I would do it at 10pm on Deadline day and not give forest time to get a replacement

F@@@ em
I think you have to give notice if the loan is being ended, so not on deadline day.

Back
Top Bottom