Incoming? Loan players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

EddieColquhoun

Reaction score
With 5 loan players allowed to play in the Championship it's possible that these could make up the majority of our summer business (plus a couple of freebies).

With 5 loan players allowed to play in the Championship it's possible that these could make up the majority of our summer business (plus a couple of freebies).
I hope not personally I’m not adverse to one or two to supplement the squad but I don’t want a loan player who is the key to our promotion unless there’s a deal in place to make it permanent on promotion. Replacing Henderson (despite how good ramsdale is) hurt us this summer.

I hope not personally I’m not adverse to one or two to supplement the squad but I don’t want a loan player who is the key to our promotion unless there’s a deal in place to make it permanent on promotion. Replacing Henderson (despite how good ramsdale is) hurt us this summer.
If we'd not loaned Deano we might have not got promoted.

If we'd not loaned Deano we might have not got promoted.
Oh yeah I think loaning deano was 100% the correct decision it’s just this summer we should be in a financial position to address holes in the team permanently and maybe use loans as the icing on the cake rather than an integral piece.

Oh yeah I think loaning deano was 100% the correct decision it’s just this summer we should be in a financial position to address holes in the team permanently and maybe use loans as the icing on the cake rather than an integral piece.
i reckon 3 signings 3 loans

I've no issues with loans per se but with 2 caveats.

Ideally they would be loan to buy's but if that isn't a option then I sincerely hope we go for players that we at least have a chance of signing on a perm at the end of the season if they've done well.

By that I mean as great as Hendo was he had absolutely no desire to sign permanently unless he was told he had absolutely no future at Man U (unlikely) and even then after the season he had in all likelihood we would have been priced out of the move anyway in both transfer fee and wages.

I've no issues with loans per se but with 2 caveats.

Ideally they would be loan to buy's but if that isn't a option then I sincerely hope we go for players that we at least have a chance of signing on a perm at the end of the season if they've done well.

By that I mean as great as Hendo was he had absolutely no desire to sign permanently unless he was told he had absolutely no future at Man U (unlikely) and even then after the season he had in all likelihood we would have been priced out of the move anyway in both transfer fee and wages.
Getting back to the Prem would override your caveats.

Getting back to the Prem would override your caveats.

I don't agree mate I'm afraid.

Say we had the full 5 loans available and all were regular starters ie 1st 11 if fit. If we went up and didn't have the chance to sign any of them then we'd need to replace nearly half the team.

Based on this season that would be a massive ask based on our budget unless anything on that front changes.

I don't agree mate I'm afraid.

Say we had the full 5 loans available and all were regular starters ie 1st 11 if fit. If we went up and didn't have the chance to sign any of them then we'd need to replace nearly half the team.

Based on this season that would be a massive ask based on our budget unless anything on that front changes.
But promotion would be worth over £100m.

But promotion would be worth over £100m.

Yeah it is mate but how have you rated our signings since our last promotion?

Unless we have the ability to up our wage bill significantly then it will be just like this season.

I would much rather come up with the same group of players, all knowing the system inside and out instead of having to replace half the team and the risks of them taking time to gel.

As we've seen the last 2 seasons the margin for error for a club like us in the PL is extremely small so I'd rather not have to rip up a promotion team as they've all gone back to their parent clubs.

Just my opinion. Not saying it's the right one.

A mixture but high quality the wage reduction is worrying

Need at least 4/5 new players in summer
It depends on what you want us to achieve.
If an immediate return to the Premiership is sought then I think we need at least that number for the whole squad, but if creating a squad capable of staying in the Premiership for a few years is the goal, then we need just one or two whilst bringing through younger players, either from our Academy or elsewhere.

Why would we spend no money, we spent £0 in January? We aren't broke, do you still think we have McCabe in charge? The decision was due to our position and the board not sure on Wilders future they didn't give him funds. I can guarantee we will spend money in the summer.

It’s the cheap option for sure. It’s so short sighted it’s unreal.

We did it with Hendo that after a year we needed to spend a huge amount of money and a capable goalkeeper.

It’s the cheap option for sure. It’s so short sighted it’s unreal.

We did it with Hendo that after a year we needed to spend a huge amount of money and a capable goalkeeper.
But 4 or 5 of quality 😂 we've been using that term for a bit and it always ends up with quantity.

this summers recruitment will determine chris wilders future if he gets it wrong it can only end one way im not so sure we wont be signing any permanents think at least 2 will come in but the rest will be loans be very interesting to see who we bring in

this summers recruitment will determine chris wilders future if he gets it wrong it can only end one way im not so sure we wont be signing any permanents think at least 2 will come in but the rest will be loans be very interesting to see who we bring in
This summer recruitment if we get it wrong could define the next decade of this club if we go up and have access to prem money again it won’t matter but if not then this summer is the time we’ll have access to the most amount of money for the foreseeable future. To spend that on loans is a gamble which I’m not sure we’re in a position to take.

This summer recruitment if we get it wrong could define the next decade of this club if we go up and have access to prem money again it won’t matter but if not then this summer is the time we’ll have access to the most amount of money for the foreseeable future. To spend that on loans is a gamble which I’m not sure we’re in a position to take.
yes it will yogi but i dont believe it will be loans only probably a bit of kidology by chris to make it look like were skint i would expect at least 2 permanent signings to come in and 3 or 4 loans the arsenal connection with berge could be interesting seing as weve been interested in chambers and balagon before could be some part of any deal

yes it will yogi but i dont believe it will be loans only probably a bit of kidology by chris to make it look like were skint i would expect at least 2 permanent signings to come in and 3 or 4 loans the arsenal connection with berge could be interesting seing as weve been interested in chambers and balagon before could be some part of any deal
Unfortunately balogun has gone on a free to Leipzig and chambers will probably be beyond us in wages in championship. We’ll see but it’s not heartening news.

If we have a bad season next year, which is probably outside of the top 6, I can see our better players wanting to leave (if they haven't already). With no competitive youth or scouting system I fear the only way is downwards.

If we have a bad season next year, which is probably outside of the top 6, I can see our better players wanting to leave (if they haven't already). With no competitive youth or scouting system I fear the only way is downwards.
That’s the things the clubs medium term future hangs in the balance this summer bring in more assets then hopefully we go up and if not we can recycle those assets and keep at least a portion of the prem money tied up in those assets. Sign only loans and it doesn’t work out then what will we have gained from the prem years? The club will have the same amount of playing and property assets it had when it went up.

That’s the things the clubs medium term future hangs in the balance this summer bring in more assets then hopefully we go up and if not we can recycle those assets and keep at least a portion of the prem money tied up in those assets. Sign only loans and it doesn’t work out then what will we have gained from the prem years? The club will have the same amount of playing and property assets it had when it went up.

If we did only bring in loans and cut 6-7 players then we're screwed either way. Even if we went up, we'd have a squad of 15 players, likely including a few who aren't good enough. We'd be in the same situation again of paying £20 million for championship players and Premier League youth players and there's no way we'd be in a position to spend as much as we have this time. We'd be straight back down and there's no way we're ever going to keep yo-yoing.

If we did only bring in loans and cut 6-7 players then we're screwed either way. Even if we went up, we'd have a squad of 15 players, likely including a few who aren't good enough. We'd be in the same situation again of paying £20 million for championship players and Premier League youth players and there's no way we'd be in a position to spend as much as we have this time. We'd be straight back down and there's no way we're ever going to keep yo-yoing.
I agree to build for the long term is what’s most prudent in any scenario just saying that if we went up it would go a long way to masking the financial ramifications of lots of loans. But I agree if we want to establish ourselves at prem level then the rebuild needs to be finished and a core established for the next 4-5 year cycle.

The quality of the squad which got promoted is inferior to that which will be relegated.
If we were to sell the players purchased since promotion and realise the added value of two years premiership experience of those that came up we are a minimum of £50m in surplus.

Back
Top Bottom