Player Suggestion Liam Moore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wardy1889

Reaction score
He’s been stripped of his captaincy at Reading, after saying it’s his desire to leave. Would he be worth a punt? Could play in the middle and right of a three. Still only 28.

He’s been stripped of his captaincy at Reading, after saying it’s his desire to leave. Would he be worth a punt? Could play in the middle and right of a three. Still only 28.

Similar has happened to Harlee Dean at Brummy as well.

Dean or Moore would improve us massively but can't see it myself

We can't afford the wages paid by a struggling Championship club ?
L1 here we come.
Whilst I agree we do seem to be on a bit of a financial sticky wicket Reading pay large wages and in fact fees by championship standards they were sailing very close to the wind FFP wise last year.

We can't afford the wages paid by a struggling Championship club ?
L1 here we come.
Non-sequitur. £35k per week isn't normal for "a struggling Championship club" and paying Moore, or any other new signing, that sort of wage would put them right at the top of our pay structure.

Whilst I agree we do seem to be on a bit of a financial sticky wicket Reading pay large wages and in fact fees by championship standards they were sailing very close to the wind FFP wise last year.
On their gates and with no parachutes I just don't understand how they can pay such high wages but it doesnt auger well for us - we couldn't sign PL quality last season and we can't sign Championship quality this season.
My point is that maybe L1 is our level ?

On their gates and with no parachutes I just don't understand how they can pay such high wages but it doesnt auger well for us - we couldn't sign PL quality last season and we can't sign Championship quality this season.

Maybe this goes someway to answering your question KB - essentially, Reading couldn't afford to pay that sort of wage (and he wasn't / isn't alone in being paid that sort of amount) and are now paying the price.

Would you really want Utd to gamble the future of the club that way? If it doesn't come off and lead to promotion, it can lead to many years in the wilderness - Swindon are only just recovering after betting the house in the season they beat Utd in the play-off semi but got hammered by Preston in the final; Derby are in all sorts of trouble and will effectively need to be bailed out; and don't forget the Massive and how knackered they are following Chansiri's reckless spending.

Their owner stumped up the money to have a run at promotion and they failed they’re going to have to take their medicine now and shed big contracts get under FFP and then try again.

As for us we financially struggled with McCabe and the prince so it’s reasonable to assume without further outside investment we will struggle again. To compete at this level in the medium term we will either have to find that extra investment or be very savvy in how we recruit.

Their owner stumped up the money to have a run at promotion and they failed they’re going to have to take their medicine now and shed big contracts get under FFP and then try again.

As for us we financially struggled with McCabe and the prince so it’s reasonable to assume without further outside investment we will struggle again. To compete at this level in the medium term we will either have to find that extra investment or be very savvy in how we recruit.
If I am not mistaken, their owner is a boyhood friend of Chancer. I am sure that the only reason Chancer allowed the sale of Lucas Joao, to Reading (when he never sold players, and let them all leave at the end of their contracts), was because his mate wanted him.

The Reading owner is/was playing the same game as Chancer.

If I am not mistaken, their owner is a boyhood friend of Chancer. I am sure that the only reason Chancer allowed the sale of Lucas Joao, to Reading (when he never sold players, and let them all leave at the end of their contracts), was because his mate wanted him.

I know they have a South East Asian owner didn’t know he knew Chancer. He is doing the same thing yeah only difference is that so far he seems to have the pocket change to do it. However as we’ve seen with Wednesday that can be a facade and come to sudden stop.

I know they have a South East Asian owner didn’t know he knew Chancer. He is doing the same thing yeah only difference is that so far he seems to have the pocket change to do it. However as we’ve seen with Wednesday that can be a facade and come to sudden stop.

Just checked, Chancer's pal sold the majority of the club to a Chinese brother and sister, but still holds a minority stake.

This is where I first saw the connection:-

when he never sold players

Think this is more to do with nobody is prepared to pay money for the shit plying their trade at Swillsboro

Back
Top Bottom