Player Suggestion Leroy Fer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy Fleck

Reaction score
Currently alanyaspor in Turkey, would be perfect to sit in front of our defence and break up play, knows English football and is also mates with mcburnie.

Has good experience at Championship level, could be a sensible option. Jack Cork is another name that popped in my head.

He's a deeply unpleasant shithouse but you can't say we don't need that sort of thing.

He's a deeply unpleasant shithouse but you can't say we don't need that sort of thing.
The more bullies and shithouses the better. Then the "big and physical" cliche that pundits and opposing fans trot out will be true again.

The question is again over his age and mobility like Guedioura we need a mobile holding mid to run for 90 minutes basically a more physical version of osborn

If he's as good as he was then it's the right type of signing.

The question is again over his age and mobility like Guedioura we need a mobile holding mid to run for 90 minutes basically a more physical version of osborn
Just a thought but could we move Fleck out left

and move Osborn into the middle he is tenacious and mobile but struggles to beat a man when out wide

Just a thought but could we move Fleck out left

and move Osborn into the middle he is tenacious and mobile but struggles to beat a man when out wide
I like osborn but not sure he’d have the passing range to be an upgrade in the middle I’ve also not seen him really beat the press but defensively he’d be busy and win the ball back.

This mornings rag says we are interested in him

Says we are after an extra midfielder as Berge keeps picking up injuries and Fer would be relatively cheap
Why not just go for the young lad that we actually lined up from Canada??
Atleast we would get more than a season out of him.

I like fer he was very impressive at this level for swansea but i remember him being very injury prone plus is anything on that football league world even accidentally true ?

Rolls royce of a midfielder and is an upgrade on Jimmy Fleck

getcheqbookahhtprinceyboy

This is us planning for life after Berge which I don’t see as a bad thing, I’d rather us get some cash in for him, keep NDiaye & sign another CM than financially ruin ourselves by keeping a player that’s regularly injured

Utd have been crying out for a big nasty ball-winner in midfield for years now. Fer would be a decent short-term fix if fit and available. Norwood's game would certainly benefit.

Much smaller fee. Arguably lower wages.

One on the way up. The other on the way down.
Would think Fer is on higher wages in Turkey as a proven professional than a young unknown playing in Canada??
Happy to be proven wrong however.

Why not just play Oli Arblaster?
I like him, a lot and really hope he comes through for us, but in the handful of games I’ve seen him play, he isn’t ready yet. Let him develop a bit before you start looking to rely on him.
A 32 year old on a short deal isn’t going to block his path.

Anyone at this point would be a much needed upgrade on Fleck....and we should welcome with open arms.

I like him, a lot and really hope he comes through for us, but in the handful of games I’ve seen him play, he isn’t ready yet. Let him develop a bit before you start looking to rely on him.
A 32 year old on a short deal isn’t going to block his path.
What’s the point of signing a 32 year old, who hasn’t played a good season in this country for 3 or 4 years, on any sort of deal?

This is us planning for life after Berge which I don’t see as a bad thing, I’d rather us get some cash in for him, keep NDiaye & sign another CM than financially ruin ourselves by keeping a player that’s regularly injured

Berge’s touted replacement was the Canadian lad. A signing like Fer would be a short term gambit to secure promotion - much like we did under Wilder, twice.

Back
Top Bottom