Large Portion Please

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeByChoice

Reaction score
I’ve waited until now to vote because I didn’t want any decision to be knee-jerk, and its with a heavy heart that I’ve moved into the Wilder out camp.

I spent a few hours yesterday watching highlights on You Tube from our 1-0 wins last season and our 1-0 losses this season and I can honestly say that we are 98% of what we were last year, but it’s the 2% that makes all the difference, in the same way that a human is 98% chimpanzee.

We haven’t lost our skill or work rate, our heads haven’t dropped, but what we have lost is our panache and flare, our fearlessness and confidence. And the only way to fix that is motivation.

We all know what Chris said about motivating the team and IMO he’s 100% wrong. Any manager who thinks he doesn’t need to motivate his team should be demoted, and any manager who thinks its not their job to motivate their team should not be managing a team of shelf stackers at Lidl, never mind a Premier League football club.

Its human nature to start analysing deeper when a negative is found, and now I’m wondering about the pointless substitutions. Last season we were proactively changing to protect a lead and reactively changing to chase a draw if we went behind. This season we seen to be changing like for like in formations that it looks like we have spent 10 minutes training on, in the hope that some combination will click.

I’m sorry Chris, but you’ve spent years building a successful team around a unique system and then spent millions on players who don’t fit, and then refuse to play anything else.

As far as I’m concerned, Chris Wilder is a 100% Blades legend, you can put the statue in the car park this week, he deserves it, he also deserves every ounce of respect and hero worship I, and thousands of others have given him.

But its over, he’s just not dynamic enough for the Premier League, his ambition and commitment aren’t in question, nether is his passion, but he’s run of talent and IMO would be too stubborn to accept an assistant manager coming in to give us some fresh ideas.

Humble-Pie.jpg

How wrong could I have been,

Its not just the performance on the pitch this month, CW’s pre and post match interviews today were more confident and aggressive, he’s got the twinkle of steel back in his eye. we've got the magic 2% back.

Sorry Chris, sorry fellow Blades, I’ve been a monumental dickhead.

WILDER IN. UTB.

View attachment 104420

Its not just the performance on the pitch this month, CW’s pre and post match interviews today were more confident and aggressive, he’s got the twinkle of steel back in his eye. we've got the magic 2% back.

WILDER IN. UTB.
Tha needs some relish wi that, gerrit on.

View attachment 104420

WILDER IN. UTB.

I’ll have my part too.

View attachment 104420

WILDER IN. UTB.
I’d save this until the end of the season when you might actually be wrong. You made some reasonable points

I’d save this until the end of the season when you might actually be wrong. You made some reasonable points
I actually think I’ve seen enough this month to decide we have a fighting chance of staying up, but even if we revert back to first half of season form, I’ve decided CW is the man to lead us in the Championship.

View attachment 104420

WILDER IN. UTB.
Doubt our Chris. I bet that pie is full of lentils and has no bottom to it!!

Tha needs some relish wi that, gerrit on.
Owd up a minit. Works canteen used to make pies in a catering pan, 1ft x 2 ft (304.8 mm x 609.6 mm).
One apple pie was dusted with SALT, yes salt, instead of sugar. One bloke went back for seconds!
Careful what you wish for.

I've always been the 'it won't be us who ditches Wilder. The board will probably'.

They and us have stuck by him.

We need to beat WBA to put more breeze into our sails

pommpey

Needs some peroni and morretti sprinkled on it...

ae03130d0861e346bbf29e51c081a38f.jpg

Not sure it’s about Humble Pie, I have posted in the past that there is nothing wrong in questioning our form of the time and managerial decisions.

Having asked the questions tho, it’s sufficient to accept that Wilder has answered them and some. If we go down fighting and playing with integrity, then I’ll be as happy as I can be with a relegation. Walk out the front door, not the back door.

And yes, the VAR infected, atmosphere vacant, slimy money handed Premier League is dreadful and we Blades will always be an antidote.

Back
Top Bottom