Outgoing? Kylan Midwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bibbity bobbity boo

It's all a load of bollocks
Reaction score
U15 star Kylan Midwood has been poached by Man City.

From Fab Romano on Twatter, I don't know how to add the link on my phone

Manchester City have agreed to sign U15 Sheffield United top talent Kylan Midwood. 🚨🔵 #MCFC

They have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle to the signing. City want to develop and sign the best young British talent and offer pathway to first team football.

Another reason for getting a Cat A academy. Isn’t it harder to do this when you have one?

Reactions: 10p
Another reason for getting a Cat A academy. Isn’t it harder to do this when you have one?

Harder, but not impossible as he's not signed a professional contract at his age.

We'd get more in compensation and that's about it. We'll probably get a percentage of future transfers as a development club but that'll be around 1-2% at best as far as I'm aware.

Pretty hard to say no to Manchester city and the world class set up there Vs our academy set up. Even if doesn't make it at City, and no guarantee he would with us, he'll have options for sure regardless.

This is where the academy system is absolute horseshite, for me. Of course there are no guarantees that this lad makes the grade at any level but it must be incredibly infuriating for the academy management to have players stolen for a relative pittance. The Cat A academies hoover up the best talent for next to nothing, barely a drop in the ocean for a club like City. Makes you wonder whether it's really worth all the hassle.

Looked very good from what I saw of him. Doesn't mean he would make it to Prem level, but I have a feeling this kid might.

This is where the academy system is absolute horseshite, for me. Of course there are no guarantees that this lad makes the grade at any level but it must be incredibly infuriating for the academy management to have players stolen for a relative pittance. The Cat A academies hoover up the best talent for next to nothing, barely a drop in the ocean for a club like City. Makes you wonder whether it's really worth all the hassle.
Without it we wouldn’t have Ndiaye !

At Boreham? He had left them had he not? And was playing Sunday league for Rising Ballers I thought.
Believe he was at both at the same time but had a pro contract at boreham. Rising ballers was a Sunday league thing and apparently was a kind of loan

Just read this. Only at rising ballers to keep fitness up while at boreham wood. We actually had to pay compensation to Marseille

I stand to be corrected but I was told by someone at the club we got him for free as he had left Boreham Wood and was playing Sunday League for rising ballers, there is no way a club that gives a pro contract allows a player to play Sunday league which makes me think he did indeed leave them.

All part of the food chain.

Some fans get upset when we have youngsters poached by bigger clubs but they don't mind us doing the same.

All part of the food chain.

Some fans get upset when we have youngsters poached by bigger clubs but they don't mind us doing the same.
I don't like it either direction to be honest. It provides little incentive for smaller clubs to develop their own talent with the likelyhood of anyone decent being poached by a bigger club with greater resources. Seems to favour teams higher up the pyramid whichever way you look at it as the compensation levels are pretty laughable.

I don't like it either direction to be honest. It provides little incentive for smaller clubs to develop their own talent with the likelyhood of anyone decent being poached by a bigger club with greater resources. Seems to favour teams higher up the pyramid whichever way you look at it as the compensation levels are pretty laughable.
I agree Wards and I’m not sure I accept the FA’s premise that the best youngsters playing at the best academies will produce the best players and thus benefit the national side. Not when you look at the backgrounds of the current England squad where many have come through systems that aren’t the elite academy set ups. I’d suggest this is due to the system that some of those top academies operate where they stockpile youngsters and then profit from loaning them out and selling them in their early 20’s which means players can struggle for game time and then stagnate.

As ever though the FA are susceptible to being lobbied by their most influential members and it doesn’t surprise me that like with most things the academy system is geared to the benefit of those clubs.

Wonder if there are any perks for his family attached to the deal; nice house for the family, job for his dad, private school for siblings etc?

If hes that good then why wasnt he used as a sub here and there or even for the league cup games at a push.
He is 15 years of age, phenomenal skill and ability to read the game v well but not yet the stature or strength to play “men’s” football

McAtee v Luton is one example

Back
Top Bottom