Player Suggestion Keane Lewis-Potter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LondonBlade89

Reaction score
Only 20 years old and caused us some issues at the weekend. If we're targeting wingers, he should be under consideration. He can beat a man, for starters. Alan Nixon reported at the weekend that Southampton are keen but he feels like one of those players we could potentially get slightly cheaper if we nipped in for him in January. Much prefer to spend on a player like that and have him long-term than chuck money at a Barca winger who will be with us for six months, most likely.

Maybe one to re-visit in Jan.

Only 20 years old and caused us some issues at the weekend. If we're targeting wingers, he should be under consideration. He can beat a man, for starters. Alan Nixon reported at the weekend that Southampton are keen but he feels like one of those players we could potentially get slightly cheaper if we nipped in for him in January. Much prefer to spend on a player like that and have him long-term than chuck money at a Barca winger who will be with us for six months, most likely.

Maybe one to re-visit in Jan.
We could try to build a whole team of players with a name made up of three surnames.

I know a lot about this lad. Watched him grow up playing footy from age 8.
Eye for a goal that’s for sure

If we are planning to be a low level Championship side for the next few years sign him.

There's many ways in which we could f**k up spelling his name on here, and for that reason, I think we should be in for him.

KLP KPL LKP LPK PLK PKL, Keane Lewis-Potter, Keen Louis-Potter, Keen Potter-Lewis, Lewis Keane, you get the drift... We're good at it.

Unless Berge goes (unlikely given what he's shown so far this season), any incomings in Jan will only be loans.

Future recruitment would also depend on where the club is and its ambition - would K L-P really push Utd onto the next level and be able to play at top Champ / Prem level? Possibly so in future but not at the moment IMHO. Expectations and the level of targets may be revised should Utd not get back up this season but there's currently a gulf between players such as K L-P and confirmed targets such as Collado.

He looked ok but I’d say his goal was as much a baldock error than him doing something well. There’s quite a few better young attacking players in the championship Dolan at Blackburn for example

Yeah and you said you knew about Bowen and how he was trouble so we shouldn't go near him.

Turned out well that - for Bowen.

No such skeletons in Keano’s closet….hard working lad from very humble beginnings.

As for Bowen, yes he’s doing well at West Ham. Doesn’t alter my knowledge of aspects of his life outside football which for me are a concern shall we say.

Young Coyle at Hull….apart from some silliness after their promotion in the spring, another top lad from a family of sportsmen who is well grounded and a pleasure to know. Played footy with him a couple of times too, was more than happy to play with his old school mates off season while at Leeds. Makes you realise the difference between these pro lads and your good local players, first touch, explosive power and pace is another level that perhaps doesn’t show on a field of similar level players.

Slaters contract is up next summer so I’m January he can sign a contract for the summer with whoever can’t he?
Yes but not without the club in question paying compo so long as there’s an offer on the table from united. Which would be pretty high given how long slater has been at the club. More likely a deal like the one for smith is done where the club lets the player leave for a pound but retains sell on fees and maybe buy backs because it’s still a sale.

I think we'd need to plump for Bailey Peacock-Farrell between the sticks.
The real question is, could we make a team of players with double-barrelled surnames?

HANDS UP, THIS IS A THREAD HIJACK.

hold-up-dennis-hofelich.jpg

Listen up, yella bellies! This is now a double-barrell surname thread.

Y'all get sharing your ideas, or face the consequences.

The real question is, could we make a team of players with double-barrelled surnames?

HANDS UP, THIS IS A THREAD HIJACK.

View attachment 121426

Listen up, yella bellies! This is now a double-barrell surname thread.

Y'all get sharing your ideas, or face the consequences.
You called?

Peacock-Farrell
Walker-Peters Ebanks-Landell Clarke-Salter Norrington-Davies
Kazim-Richards Ward-Prowse Loftus-Cheek
Ebanks-Blake Clarke-Harris Ndumbu-Nsungu

He looked ok but I’d say his goal was as much a baldock error than him doing something well. There’s quite a few better young attacking players in the championship Dolan at Blackburn for example

Agreed, that was an uncharacteristic error from Baldock. 9 times out of 10 I expect George to get there and kick that out.

Agreed, that was an uncharacteristic error from Baldock. 9 times out of 10 I expect George to get there and kick that out.
Yeah it was eerily similar to a mistake he made in the first half where he fell asleep but managed to get back and cover. It was a bit of a below par performance from baldock to be fair.

Yeah it was eerily similar to a mistake he made in the first half where he fell asleep but managed to get back and cover. It was a bit of a below par performance from baldock to be fair.

George needs to get used to playing as a right back again with no one to cover for him. in a 3 he knew a midfielder or Bash would cover for him.

Back
Top Bottom