'Judge em after 10 games'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadly_D'Jaffo

Reaction score
Olsen - OK he's not had 10 games, but we've seen enough to say he's adequate. KEEP.

Foderingham - Not disgraced nor shone. Probably cheap cover. KEEP.

Verrips - no words needed. GET RID.

RND - Sorry, I'm not encouraged he's going to be anything above a squad player. Hope I'm wrong. That said, he's still got the benefit of time on his side. KEEP.

Enda - Again he's just coming back, but I can't see how his better days are ahead of him. Looked shot going forward tonight. GET RID.

Robinson - Dreadful. GET RID.

Osborn. Started poorly but shown enough since the international break to demonstrate he can be a handy player in this squad. KEEP.

Lowe - If 3 managers felt Robinson & Enda were ahead of him, only means one thing. GET RID.

Baldock - He's had better form at United and his crossing is dreadful but he's a good RWB overall. KEEP.

Bogle - Not had much chance to shine but we know his capability, I think if we decide to go 4-3-3 he'd be a decent shout for right side of attack. KEEP.

Basham - I might be blinded by Basham infatuation (inbashuation) but his leadership by example and bravery still has value. KEEP.

Egan - Excellent, championship CB. KEEP.

Davies - Think he is a classy CB but he is weak and casual. It worries me that we've put all our eggs in one basket with this signing. If we could cancel his loan and instead sign an experienced, athletic, ugly, physical CB then I would GET RID.

Norwood - I don't think he's as spent as people make out, but we do need to find the right foil for him and that raises the question, is he still good enough to build a side around? I'm 50/50 but for the squad I would KEEP.

Fleck - As much as I like Fleck, he's nowhere near the player or athlete that has been outstanding for us between 2016 to March 2020. I always expect he'll leave us for Rangers some day but until then I would KEEP.

Guedioura - Decent cameo vs. Hull and gives us a bit of bite & bravery that we lack in the middle. KEEP.

Hourihane - We haven't seen much and he's already got 2 assists. For the sake of quality within the squad I would KEEP.

Berge - He's going to be an excellent footballer somewhere, but definitely not at Sheff Utd and probably not in England. GET RID.

Freeman - A player I have always wanted to see at United so wanted him to do well, but I think it's fair to say after a bad injury last year and a new high-tempo style he simply isn't right for us anymore (If he ever really was). GET RID.

Ndiaye - An exciting footballer who I look forward to seeing play. KEEP.

Gibbs-White - As above with Ndiaye, any chance of success we have hinges on his creativity. KEEP.

Burke - Slav gave him a fair crack at a fresh start, but he still gets to the byline and loses the ball. GET RID.

Brewster - I don't think he's been offensively poor this season and shown some glimpses, but I get the impression we'll forever be stuck on someday aisle with him. GET RID.

McBurnie - Another player I've always wanted at United and thought he'd be a threat in the Championship. Unfortunately, he seem thick as whale spunk. GET RID.

Mousset - Doesn't have the dedication to be a professional footballer. GET RID.

McGoldrick - As with Bash, I think there's still a good enough reason to keep him around, could be good for Ndiaye & MGW. KEEP.

Sharp - We shouldn't need to depend on him as much as we currently do, but here we are. KEEP.

I do understand why you would keep both Norwood and Fleck, for their individual contributions alone. But my problem is together as a functioning midfield pairing...they are wank. Playing them both in the same midfield just accentuates our soft underbelly. They are weak defensively and offer our beleaguered back four, no protection whatsoever. Although I thought Norwood had a good game against Derby and Flecks form has improved of late. Together they are far too slow and ponderous and so often come unstuck when they are pressed by the opposition. Also much of their passing fails to penetrate comfortable defenders and invariably ends up down a dead end.

No way we can get rid of both McBurnie and Brewster, I don't think we can even get rid of one because our investment would just be gone.

The small chance they could come alive is still better than the reality of setting fire to £40m.

The only players we keep on current form are N'Diaye and MGW and MGW isn't even our player. Sharp, Egan, Lopata and Olsen maybe keep. Maybe recall Jebbo and Lowe. Try Bogle or sell him. Same goes for Brewster and McBurnie. Berge too injury prone so sell and use his fee to buy 5 or 6 new perms in at least. The rest of them can go for me, but noone will take the Stevens, Flecks, Freemans, burkes, moussetts, Norwoods and Baldocks of this world as Wilder rewarded them so handsomely. What a crock we have been left with.
Thanks Chris!

Get rid of the lot except Bogle. Lets create a Progressive team around pace, flair, strength and youth. No point targeting any attempt of Prem footy without any of those attributes. Lets become an actual project and not a collection of the previous manager's transfer mishandlings and aging players. UTB ⚔️

The only players we keep on current form are N'Diaye and MGW and MGW isn't even our player. Sharp, Egan, Lopata and Olsen maybe keep. Maybe recall Jebbo and Lowe. Try Bogle or sell him. Same goes for Brewster and McBurnie. Berge too injury prone so sell and use his fee to buy 5 or 6 new perms in at least. The rest of them can go for me, but noone will take the Stevens, Flecks, Freemans, burkes, moussetts, Norwoods and Baldocks of this world as Wilder rewarded them so handsomely. What a crock we have been left with.
Thanks Chris!
Wilder has well & truly fucked my club up the arse with a rough pole.
Not only has he installed an almost irreversible method of impotent playing ,
The players he's given such high wages are almost untransferable even for free - a pity then that they are some of the oldest & physically weakest that I have ever seen at the Lane - the CBs get blown away in a soft breeze , the strikers are 101 years old & the 2 cunts in MF have been stealing a wage for ages.
I honestly don't think SJ will stay for long , having now assessed what a pile of mediocre crap he's inherited.

I think it's getting to the point now where a lot of people need to lose the rose tinted specs around some of the senior players at this club. Too many are living on past glories and are getting the benefit of the doubt because of what they've done previously.

If Fleck, Norwood, Stevens and to a lesser extent Didzy and Baldock were new signings they'd be some serious questions being asked about recruitment (more than there already is on some).

As great as those players have been in the past we need to be ruthless and cut them loose and rebuild. Most should've been replaced after the first Premier league season when we were in a position of strength both financially and as an attractive club to new players.

Lots of players there being kept who’ve been consistently shite, while others who’ve had no run of games to prove themselves are shipped out.

Personally I’d ship out most of the starters last night. It’s time to start again.

I know Sharp is a god on here but starting him last night was a mistake. He was dead on his arse after ten minutes. What’s the point of having backup if they’re never getting used?

Brewster and McB will never come good if they’re getting appearances from the bench every now and then.

Queue the meltdown from the same fans that have been waxing lyrical for the last 4 games. And probably the same fans that will be saying we’re going up if we beat Bourmouth on Saturday.

Norwood has been the best player on the pitch for the last few games and now he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

Very fickle fans

This is the championship and we’re still in a transition period, we’re not going to play well every week. Yes we were dogshit today and we’re certainly not good enough to get top 2. But over the course of the season I’m confident we’ll be fighting for a top 6 spot

So we get to keep all the old guard, the ones who are currently holding us back under Slav? Sounds legit.

Norwood has been the best player on the pitch for the last few games
are you his dad? He played well against Derby and that's it I would say. Even when he plays well he doesn't score or assist. Its not good enough any more. We can't carry him as a team. They have had too much goodwill for over 2 years now.
Same goes for Fleck. We need match changing inputs. They need to either do something or leave. Until they do they get rested and rotated until they work harder or until someone else takes their place.
This side is mid table at best. They don't have the mentality to do any better. I wouldn't fancy our chances in the play offs as there is no heart or courage in this side. The manager clearly isn't a motivator and I doubt he can gee up the side in the same way Wilder could.
But hey let's blame the fans.

Olsen - KEEP.

Foderingham - KEEP as cover.

Verrips - GET RID.

RND - KEEP as cover.

Enda - GET RID.

Robinson - GET RID.

Osborn - KEEP not a starter though.

Lowe - GET RID.

Baldock - GET RID.

Bogle - KEEP.

Basham - KEEP.

Egan - KEEP.

Davies - KEEP

Norwood - GET RID.

Fleck - GET RID.

Guedioura - Jury’s still out.

Hourihane - Same as above

Berge - GET RID. Only to cash in as his heart isn’t in it with us.

Freeman - KEEP as cover.

Ndiaye - KEEP.

Gibbs-White - KEEP. Unlikely though.

Burke - GET RID.

Brewster - GET RID. If possible.

McBurnie - Same as above.

Mousset - GET RID.

McGoldrick - KEEP as cover.

Sharp - KEEP.

No way we can get rid of both McBurnie and Brewster, I don't think we can even get rid of one because our investment would just be gone.

The small chance they could come alive is still better than the reality of setting fire to £40m.
Better to try and sell and recoup some of the £40m, than lose the whole £40m (plus their high salaries), as they run down their contracts and do nothing for us.

Read this morning that Slav is refusing to press the panic button. Do we have one and what would happen if someone pressed it?

• Haha
Reactions: HVR
Well after 10 games you can see where this team is going bang average is what we are. To say Wilder was always going on about players for the future we sure do have a lot who are coming to the end of their careers, no room for sentiment we have to let them go. You can't be relying on a 36yr old striker to play 90mins twice a week it is not fair on him. Stevens, Basham, McGoldrick, Sharp all need replacing they can't carry on forever. Summer recruitment has been a big disappointment too, Olsen looks solid enough, Ben Davies might be a tidy footballer but he is no centre back, weak as piss when Egan needs a big lad alongside him. Hourihane has a wand of a left foot but I'm not sure he offers much to the midfield if he can't displace Fleck or Norwood who are apart from the odd game under performing our other option is another 35yr old freebie.
Safe to say we can forget about promotion or even the play off's as things stand. Sure we will win some games but far too many teams in this division are full of big buggers who will bully us out of games because to be brutally honest we are as a team as soft as shit. I would only consider keeping the under 25yr old players everyone else for me has a big question mark at the side of their names as 1/ they are not going to get any better 2/ they are not good enough now.

10 games in.

Sat smack-bang mid table (12th at time of writing), 4 points from play-offs.

Depends on whether 'one's' views are as half empty or half full(!!), but there's 36 games left (108 pts still to play for), one transfer window, new manager/coaching staff, playing systems to learn and some able/talented players in our squad (which many clubs would snap off our hand for). Its also abundantly clear there's some deadwood to ship out, which I'm sure will happen in Jan.

Rome wasn't built in a day... Get behind em blades!

We can certainly conclude that promotion or even the play-offs is fanciful nonsense. We don't have the firepower to compensate for the semi-frequent defensive mistakes, and we don't appear to have the squad Jokanovic wants to play the football he wants.

We've been transformed into a pretty, tippy tappy football team by a manager who knows no other way to play than attack and try and score goals.

Nice philosophy, but you simply cannot forget that at times you need to defend.

To defend with a 4, you need 2 x centre backs who are big, strong and uncompromising (we saw it last night with a 36yo called Bamba) - we don't have 2 x big strong centre halves.

To also play the Slav way, which none of us should disagree with, you need a centre midfield that can protect the 2 x CH's (eg: Kante) - at the moment we are playing Norwood who is then replaced by Fleck when Norwood gets subbed off.

We are therefore soft as shit down the middle, or as a mate called it last night.........like girls!

If we are going to push full backs to play like wing backs, the spine has to be effective and ours seems lacking.

We are very easy on the eye, we like moving the ball through the thirds and there's only Swansea that has had more possession in games - we're averaging 65-70% in each game and we should be doing more with it. We need to turn possession into goals, but as the OP said, Baldocks crossing is abysmal and Enda's isn't much better. RND can deliver but has other deficiencies.

Only Billy to score goals too.

Pretty football, soft players (few fouls) and not effective. Boro were pretty average, scored a first goal that if the kid tried it another 49 times, he'd miss every other time and a shot from just outside the box that a defensive midfield player should have been covering. Bore WERE effective at what they did - so were Birmingham/Huddersfield/Luton and nearly Derby.

The pattern is emerging after 10 games now - we should get better, but our game relies on scoring more goals than the opposition and the clubs that we've played to press simply aren't going to just let us win as we play pretty football around them - they are just going to sit in and soak it up. We have to force more in and around their 18 yard box - where do we find that quality? Well, we have to from within the squad.

Hopefully, we can get it right on the training ground.

Get Adlene Guediuora sitting in front of the 2 x centre halves - it might work, it might not, but what we have now down the centre isn't gong to work as we're an ex Prem team and Champ clubs are going to be more of what we've seen.

Really, really disappointed with last nights performance.

UTB

Thanks Chris!
So what fee are you expecting for Berge to bring in 5/6 players ?
At the moment I couldn’t see us getting anywhere close to half our money back on him and a 10/12 million loss on top of other losses

In all honestly under Slav I think we'll be better next season when his ideas and philosophy are better understood. However, do we have the finances to go again next season? Can we improve the squad next season? I'm not so sure. Prince has got a mortgage on his house ffs

Fleck is the same size as a little girl, so is Osborn.

10 games in I think this is a pretty good reflection of where we will be now. Enjoy the wins when they come but it’s gonna feel like 2 steps forward 1 step back

Queue the meltdown from the same fans that have been waxing lyrical for the last 4 games. And probably the same fans that will be saying we’re going up if we beat Bourmouth on Saturday.

Norwood has been the best player on the pitch for the last few games and now he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

Very fickle fans

This is the championship and we’re still in a transition period, we’re not going to play well every week. Yes we were dogshit today and we’re certainly not good enough to get top 2. But over the course of the season I’m confident we’ll be fighting for a top 6 spot
100%

Back
Top Bottom