Player Suggestion Josh king

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He won’t score any at all if we have a 60 yard gap between midfield and attack. We’ve got billy sharp. He’s one of the best goal scorers in the country (top 20 I would stick my neck out and say) we have brewster who looked to be coming into some real goal scoring form, he showed me that when he’s confident he will score goals. We have Ndiaye too who is a threat infront of goal.

What we need, what we are CRYING out for is someone to play in an advanced 8 role or a 10. We need someone to turn all our possession into a 6 yard box chance. If we don’t have this it will be a long hard boring season.

There are loads of ways to do this.

Set pieces from left and right. We had this last season with hourihane and Norwood with their deliveries. Okay sometimes they left a little to be desired but overall I think they were much better. Also the ‘danger area’ which norwood whips his crosses in from in the half space.

Wingers. I know it’s not the way we are drilled to play but getting a couple in that can stretch teams at the end of thepitch would get us in behind and create space for the lone striker. (It might sound like sacrilege but we played a front three for ages last season but it was just really narrow. Now our centre halves don’t overlap it might be sensible to get width higher up, and god forbid a bit of pace).

Signing the 8/10. We need at least 2 players in that are capable to do this, as the bargain basements we will be shopping in and the budget we have won’t allow us to sign a worldie capable like MGW was, therefore we will have to sign players far less consistent and capable, which means we need more of them.

It’s so hard to get any kind of consistency in this league without creative players creating chances for strikers. The likes of Duffy, Bradley Dack, Jed Wallace etc, they’re not midfielders they aren’t strikers. We need those types. Everywhere else we’re alright I’d say. Spunk the budget there, not on another striker to not get any service like King.

He won’t score any at all if we have a 60 yard gap between midfield and attack. We’ve got billy sharp. He’s one of the best goal scorers in the country (top 20 I would stick my neck out and say) we have brewster who looked to be coming into some real goal scoring form, he showed me that when he’s confident he will score goals. We have Ndiaye too who is a threat infront of goal.

What we need, what we are CRYING out for is someone to play in an advanced 8 role or a 10. We need someone to turn all our possession into a 6 yard box chance. If we don’t have this it will be a long hard boring season.

There are loads of ways to do this.

Set pieces from left and right. We had this last season with hourihane and Norwood with their deliveries. Okay sometimes they left a little to be desired but overall I think they were much better. Also the ‘danger area’ which norwood whips his crosses in from in the half space.

Wingers. I know it’s not the way we are drilled to play but getting a couple in that can stretch teams at the end of thepitch would get us in behind and create space for the lone striker. (It might sound like sacrilege but we played a front three for ages last season but it was just really narrow. Now our centre halves don’t overlap it might be sensible to get width higher up, and god forbid a bit of pace).

Signing the 8/10. We need at least 2 players in that are capable to do this, as the bargain basements we will be shopping in and the budget we have won’t allow us to sign a worldie capable like MGW was, therefore we will have to sign players far less consistent and capable, which means we need more of them.

It’s so hard to get any kind of consistency in this league without creative players creating chances for strikers. The likes of Duffy, Bradley Dack, Jed Wallace etc, they’re not midfielders they aren’t strikers. We need those types. Everywhere else we’re alright I’d say. Spunk the budget there, not on another striker to not get any service like King.
Why can’t we sign another MGW ? We didn’t know he would be any good when he arrived, so why not find another loanee(S)

Why can’t we sign another MGW ? We didn’t know he would be any good when he arrived, so why not find another loanee(S)

We can’t. He was a cheat code. He’s a top top player that we never really should have had any right to be anywhere near him. If you’re wanting a creative loan from a premier league club you’ve got to be getting someone like Jesse lingard or Minamino from liverpool. £20 million players basically because that’s what he is. He absolutely carried us last season. If we roll the dice again on a loan like that and put all our eggs in that basket we will be woefully short in my opinion.

That would be like a lottery winner asking why can't they win it again as they have done it once already.
It’s not a lottery but a sensible business deal. We have shown to Premiership clubs that we can look after their players and enhance their progress (and value), so why not another one or two who will make a big difference to us ?

There's probably about 50,000 reasons each week why he's not even an option for us.

Interesting to see what happens to King. Back to Bournemouth maybe, Forest, or to Turkey maybe

We can’t. He was a cheat code. He’s a top top player that we never really should have had any right to be anywhere near him. If you’re wanting a creative loan from a premier league club you’ve got to be getting someone like Jesse lingard or Minamino from liverpool. £20 million players basically because that’s what he is. He absolutely carried us last season. If we roll the dice again on a loan like that and put all our eggs in that basket we will be woefully short in my opinion.
Exactly this. For every MGW there’s a hundred Ben Woodburn’s. But you know the club will use MGW as evidence we can get promoted using the loan market. MGW has been and gone and there’s nobody coming close to him for a long time in terms of a loan at BDTBL.

Exactly this. For every MGW there’s a hundred Ben Woodburn’s. But you know the club will use MGW as evidence we can get promoted using the loan market. MGW has been and gone and there’s nobody coming close to him for a long time in terms of a loan at BDTBL.
I think you may be wrong !Let’s revisit at the end of August, or possibly during July.

Forest will probably also tell you that it's possible to get promoted with a good few loan players in the team................

To be fair 3 of the last 4 seasons we’ve had a genuinely outstanding Loanee in MGW and Henderson x2

Whilst I’m not completely supportive of overuse of the loan market, we’ve done fairly well.

Admittedly there’s been Olsen, Goode etc in that time.

It’s no different to any other type of recruitment, in that if you recruit well and sign players that improve the team then it’s good recruitment.

You could argue a bad loanee is actually less risk, less problematic than a bad signing.

Would offer nowhere near the return on investment we would need, it's a no from me

To be fair 3 of the last 4 seasons we’ve had a genuinely outstanding Loanee in MGW and Henderson x2

Whilst I’m not completely supportive of overuse of the loan market, we’ve done fairly well.

Admittedly there’s been Olsen, Goode etc in that time.

It’s no different to any other type of recruitment, in that if you recruit well and sign players that improve the team then it’s good recruitment.

You could argue a bad loanee is actually less risk, less problematic than a bad signing.

I still can't get over the fact that Charlie Goode was so strong, that he could do a Jack Robinson long throw, from a standing position, no run-up required!

Genuinely just started daydreaming about Berge, Ndiaye and King supporting Billy in attack next season.

But I highly doubt either Norwegian will be playing for us by the end of this transfer window.

Yes please.

Perfect if, presumably cheap.

Bumped down pecking order after Fener's spending spree/summer investment.

Back
Top Bottom