Jokanovic has told The Star…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any ideas as to who might replace them? …..A bit of forward thinking might be helpful, if a little unusual here
I’m working on the assumption that he has a plan…..I’m not the manager. If he hasn’t we’re truly stuffed. McB and Burke clearly aren’t part of it. I’m not convinced by the single Brewster goal. Their leaving will release significant wages for the recruitment of others, on loan if necessary. We saw Lundstram blocking out new opportunities in the team last season so I’ll be perfectly happy to see others given a chance.

Intriguing comment from Slav…

Sheffield United boss Slavisa Jokanovic has told The Star that he believes the club can use the January transfer window to take them to a higher level this season.

… is this a subtle way of Slav saying to the board “back me in the transfer window or I’m off!”

The manager wants to use the transfer window to improve the squad?

Intriguing comment from Slav…

Sheffield United boss Slavisa Jokanovic has told The Star that he believes the club can use the January transfer window to take them to a higher level this season.

… is this a subtle way of Slav saying to the board “back me in the transfer window or I’m off!”
Did he mention its going to take him slightly longer than expected now he's seen what shit wilder Brough it and left him with.

Did he mention its going to take him slightly longer than expected now he's seen what shit wilder Brough it and left him with.

No; he did say "this is the best squad he's ever inherited in England" though. Mind you , that was before he'd signed six players himself ;) . What he should be doing is not chatting shit to the Stir and getting the best out of his current players.

Last edited:
You would bin Brewster even after his great goal on Saturday.
Rest I agree with if anyone is daft enough to take them.
Well….. it was a cracker but one goal and never a suggestion of anything else in the last 30+ games rather tips the scales. If we can get £5m I’d sell him on. He might do brilliantly elsewhere but he clearly can’t play in a Slav formation unless Jan heralds an influx.

I don't think it's just from sales tbh. I think another investor will be on board by January.

But the new investment will help us get rid of some of our players whilst cushioning the loss somewhat and give us some coin to play with to bring new blood in.

Who do you think we’d get anything for (serious question)?
Lots of our players have transfer value. Even in this depressed market.

The only players in the match day squad who have minimal or no transfer value would be :-

Dids.
Sharp.
Norwood.
Maybe Bash.

Mainly due to contracts running out and having been such good servants to the club.

I can see McBurnie, Luke Freeman and Ol Burke being moved on for substantial losses this window.

I have a hunch Baldock may go. Maybe Enda too.

UTB

No; he did say "this is the best squad he's ever inherited in England" though. Mind you , that was before he'd signed six players himself ;) . What he should be doing is not chatting shit to the Stir and getting the best out of his current players.

That doesn't say much for what he inherited previously or England for that matter.

The season before, Chris Wilder said summer 2020 was the best transfer window we’d ever had.

Managers talk their squad up in the close season. Film at 11.

He fucking needs it. We need to buy/loan in six players at least in key areas and ship out on loan some, if not all of the duds.

pommpey
Can’t do all that in January. If I see two players come in who are better than what we have and play positive football, then I will be content until the summer.

Can >
    be able to.
    "they can run fast"
    • be able to through acquired knowledge or skill.
      "I can speak Italian"
    • have the opportunity or possibility to.
      "there are many ways holidaymakers can take money abroad"
    • used to express doubt or surprise about the possibility of something's being the case.
      "he can't have finished"
    • used to indicate that something is typically the case.
      "antique clocks can seem out of place in modern homes"
    be permitted to.
    "you can use the phone if you want to"

Will >
    expressing the future tense.
    "you will regret it when you are older"
    • expressing a strong intention or assertion about the future.
      "come what may, I will succeed"
    expressing inevitable events.
    "accidents will happen"

I can see McBurnie, Luke Freeman and Ol Burke being moved on for substantial losses this window.

I have a hunch Baldock may go. Maybe Enda too.

UTB
I agree on the first three but by virtue of their written down values (net book value or NBV) the fees won't need to be much for us to record a profit. Someone somewhere will be stupid enough to give us £1.5m for Burke.

McBurnie is the one we'll lose money on. 2.5 years into a 4 year deal, NBV £6.75m

Burke 1.5 years into a 3 year deal, NBV £1.5m

Freeman 2.5 years into a 4 year deal, NBV £1.5m

Baldock has virtually no NBV, Enda doesn't as he joined on a free. Any fees received for either of those is going to be profit.

I don't think it's just from sales tbh. I think another investor will be on board by January.

But the new investment will help us get rid of some of our players whilst cushioning the loss somewhat and give us some coin to play with to bring new blood in.
McCabe for a £1?

Back
Top Bottom