Incoming? Johnson Clarke-Harris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A player of his type would I assume come in if Mcburnie was moved on

Leeds...at least buying them from Peterborough is a step ahead of buying them from Brentford !

Not sure that type of player fitted in with our style of play over the last 5 years, could there be a change with a new manager?

Apologies in advance for taking the thread slightly off topic but tin hat on I wouldn't mind if the Posh manager was on our managerial shortlist. Still young at 49 I thought he was a little older than that, turns out he's younger than Wilder.

They've had a great model at Posh for years now which I've always admired and wheeling and dealing in the process, which is what we ought to be doing as our squad needs a bit of an overhaul in the summer.

DF has never had much of a budget at any of the clubs he's managed but still holds a decent win percentage over 42% and it will be a great achievement if he does get Posh promoted ahead of the oil tanker in League 1 that is Sunderland.

I think he could be worth looking into at least.

If only there was some analyst out there who could have highlighted them to us. You know, the sort of guy who'd be a big fan, identify good lower league prospects before they make it? Maybe work at Peterborough or in lower leagues first, highlighting the likes of Toney before being sold on. That kind of guy who could have helped us if he'd been brought in.

Apologies in advance for taking the thread slightly off topic but tin hat on I wouldn't mind if the Posh manager was on our managerial shortlist. Still young at 49 I thought he was a little older than that, turns out he's younger than Wilder.

They've had a great model at Posh for years now which I've always admired and wheeling and dealing in the process, which is what we ought to be doing as our squad needs a bit of an overhaul in the summer.

DF has never had much of a budget at any of the clubs he's managed but still holds a decent win percentage over 42% and it will be a great achievement if he does get Posh promoted ahead of the oil tanker in League 1 that is Sunderland.

I think the Pompey fans may take issue !

Has ever managed a club successfully bigger than Peterborough or has any success at Champ level? I thought he got binned off at PNE?

If we’re going for a lower league manager I’d prefer a more innovative tactician / rising star. I’d take Appleton way ahead of Darren Ferguson. But we’re going all out for a promotion push - we don’t really have time for a manager to acclimatise to English football or get to grips with Championship level IMHO.

Whoever is making these suggestions obviously didn't listen to Abdullah last week with his 'why do we need 6 strikers?' comment.

Reading the Star article and Barry Fry's comments, he doesn't actually say we were watching JCH. He says Sheffield United were at the game; so maybe we were watching another one of their players?

Plus watching a player doesn't mean we are going to sign them. We'd be daft to not at least watch a player that's already got 27 goals this season.

Reading the Star article and Barry Fry's comments, he doesn't actually say we were watching JCH. He says Sheffield United were at the game; so maybe we were watching another one of their players?

Plus watching a player doesn't mean we are going to sign them. We'd be daft to not at least watch a player that's already got 27 goals this season.
Dembele?

Strange that a lot of the players we’re being linked with seem to be strikers which is probably the area of the pitch that we need the least investment in..

Also strange that we’re being linked with players at all with us not having a manager (or DOF) in place..

Surely it’s just agents/ journalists doing their best to fill up column inches?

Quite possibly. My point is that just because United were there it doesn't mean it was for JCH, nor does it mean we definitely are going to sign one of their players. That's the whole premise of scouting really; going to games.

Maybe one day we’ll buy these sort of players before they go to Peterborough for a season, score a million goals and become 10x the price.
He was at Oldham as a rookie and I think he may have had a spell at rotherham.
Still in the 1st division so something must be missing.

Maybe we do need strikers.
McGoldrick and Sharp are very old now ( very old at 34 yikes).
That leaves us with Brewster and McBurnie as the only two recognised strikers or am I wrong

Maybe we do need strikers.
McGoldrick and Sharp are very old now ( very old at 34 yikes).
That leaves us with Brewster and McBurnie as the only two recognised strikers or am I wrong
i agree with you goldie and billy more or less at the end of their careers and mousset likely to be moved in we may well need a couple of strikers to come in as well as the 3 midfielders we desperately need

I think the Pompey fans may take issue !

Regarding my oil tanker comment? I only thought of Sunderland because they're in the race for the autos whereas Pompey are around 10 points adrift of that.

Pompey did win the FA Cup in 2008 so they do have some recent glory compared to Sunderland so I'll adjust and say both are oil tankers in that league!

Has ever managed a club successfully bigger than Peterborough or has any success at Champ level? I thought he got binned off at PNE?

If we’re going for a lower league manager I’d prefer a more innovative tactician / rising star. I’d take Appleton way ahead of Darren Ferguson. But we’re going all out for a promotion push - we don’t really have time for a manager to acclimatise to English football or get to grips with Championship level IMHO.

I agree that is possibly a doubt about him TBH although he did keep Posh in the Championship following the second League One promotion he had with them, so that's one highlight on his Championship CV I suppose. But bear in mind our very own Wilder wasn't proven at League One level and above before taking us on.

As for PNE they sacked him before Xmas and subsequently went down which was that season with us so still somewhat unproven in the second tier away from Posh I'd say. Thinking about it though most managers have struggled to set the world alight at PNE as they're just such an average sized club in the Championship.

But I also agree Appleton would possibly be a better bet when looking just from the pool in League One.

Who at the club is actually making the contact with players/clubs for these stories to emerge, with no manager in place?
Or is this just create-a-story bollocks?
Well it's either bollocks or the Prince is full of shit

Who at the club is actually making the contact with players/clubs for these stories to emerge, with no manager in place?
Or is this just create-a-story bollocks?
Was thinking the same... maybe this indicates we're much further down the line with a new appt, or that Van Winkel is calling the shots?

Not the sort of striker that would fill me with confidence that we're going on a full on promotion charge next season.

But then again this is probably bollocks anyway, everyone knows all Peterborough strikers end up at Brentford

We dont need to sign any strikers No No No

We have possibly the greatest championship strike force in the history of championship strike forces

Mcburbnie & Brewster = Goals & 100pts

Not the sort of striker that would fill me with confidence that we're going on a full on promotion charge next season.

But then again this is probably bollocks anyway, everyone knows all Peterborough strikers end up at Brentford
May be not, but at least he shows composure to finish his chances.

Leeds...at least buying them from Peterborough is a step ahead of buying them from Brentford !

Not sure that type of player fitted in with our style of play over the last 5 years, could there be a change with a new manager?
Which of our forwards have really fitted in with our style of play over the last couple of seasons?

Back
Top Bottom