Joe Rothwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Free agent in the summer. Plays as a 10, wide and centre midfield. 13 goal contributions this season. One of the better ball carrying players in the league. Not on big money currently so we could offer him an improved contract. If it is to be only free's and loans in the summer, he is one of the better ones I imagine we'll look at.

Wasn't there a bit of chatter about us being interested in him when Wilder was still around?

Free agent in the summer. Plays as a 10, wide and centre midfield. 13 goal contributions this season. One of the better ball carrying players in the league. Not on big money currently so we could offer him an improved contract. If it is to be only free's and loans in the summer, he is one of the better ones I imagine we'll look at.
Crazy how many people in the Champ are available on a free, this summer. I'd be amazed if we haven't had some kind of talks with Rothwell's agent already.

We'll have conversations with dozens of players agents minimum. Doesn't mean we'll sign them all.

Can we poach whoever scouts academy midfielders for Oxford please because they do a great job. Lunny, Ledson, Rothwell and Brannigan all either currently at oxford or spent time there after leave top academies and they’ve had really solid careers.

Can we poach whoever scouts academy midfielders for Oxford please because they do a great job. Lunny, Ledson, Rothwell and Brannigan all either currently at oxford or spent time there after leave top academies and they’ve had really solid careers.
Add Shandon Baptiste too.

I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a very disappointing summer transfer in wise. Expect a few players to move on at a loss and low level signings with a few journeymen and academy players moving up.

Brewster won’t go imo due to injury history, mcb might get loaned to Scotland in a swap deal and Berge and possibly Njaye moving for fees.

But I know nowt about football being a Blades fan

A lot will depend on the speed of the takeover (if it goes ahead). HRH won't spend if he'll soon be departing

Why do I get the feeling that if this one were to happen, it'd be Luke Freeman 2.0 in that it might have worked when people first started saying he'd be a good signing, but several years later it will be a complete waste of resources?

Not sure why people are so excited by this. We need ATHLETES in mid. Players with pace and power, Rothwell posses neither, just the blackburns version of Norwood

Not sure why people are so excited by this. We need ATHLETES in mid. Players with pace and power, Rothwell posses neither, just the blackburns version of Norwood
Eh? Are you sure you’re on about the same player? 😂

I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a very disappointing summer transfer in wise. Expect a few players to move on at a loss and low level signings with a few journeymen and academy players moving up.

Brewster won’t go imo due to injury history, mcb might get loaned to Scotland in a swap deal and Berge and possibly Njaye moving for fees.

But I know nowt about football being a Blades fan
Doesnt someone have to pay liverpoo 40 million or summat if they want brewster?

Back
Top Bottom