Incoming? Joe Allen

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ainsley Harriott

I saw this thing on itv the other week
Reaction score

I've lost track of him to be honest, and at 31 its obviously not very long term but he was a excellent player 2 or 3 years ago. The perfect type that we still need.
No idea what he has left in the tank but if he could be our Duffy for a couple of seasons while some of our youngsters find their feet then I would be all for it while we still have our parachute payments (as his wages will be quite high).

Saw this a couple of days ago on few sites but didn't post anything as really don't think we would be seriously going for him.

Had calf and hamstring injuries the season just gone was out for multiple months and at 31 doesn't check too many boxes for me

maybe a double signing from stoke allen and clucas ? could do a lot worse i suppose both proven at championship level and good competition for norwood and fleck

Sheffield Star reporting we're going for Joe Allen after the Euro's has finished. Stoke looking to lower their wage bill.

In the text - "Although City are unlikely to publicly make Allen available for transfer, officials in Staffordshire have identified a number of potential buyers for the 31-year-old as they look to overhaul their finances ahead of the forthcoming season."

Yes, the headline seems as if we are unique in having been made this offer - however, the text tells the true story

I've seen worse suggestions/rumours. Stoke are obviously desperate to offload him (not surprising considering their wage bill and his salary!) so any deal is likely to be heavily subsidised.

Tbh while his recent injury record is somewhat of a concern (although many said the same about McGoldrick), he may well be the sort of creative spark Utd desperately need.

Since they've come down Stoke have finished 16th, 15th and 14th with Allen being their talisman.

Accept it's not entirely down to him but for the money he'll be on we should be looking at players who have actually made an impact at this level. A more expensive Oli Norwood for me.

We are desperate for midfielders. Beggars cannot be choosers, and I think Allen would be a decent signing provided we are also bringing in competition alongside him.

Agent talk, very much doubt we are in for midget 31 year olds

Doesn't Joe Allen pretty much do the same role as Ollie Norwood, who is a shoe-in for a prominent place under SJ?
Ollie played alot of games under SJ but alot of them off the bench. They had a rotating midfield policy so not sure he would be a shoe in starter.

Regardless still wouldn't want a player looking for 'one last contract' while we're focusing on a promotion winning campaign.

dont forget any new signings coming in will have to come on our terms with our wage structure if they dont fit in with that criteria they wont get a contract at the lane

Clucas... yes. Allen....no thanks.

Tyrese Campbell is the real baller at Stoke.

Thought Allen was totally washed up tbh, though I've only seen brief highlights of Stoke for two years.

Another one to the 30+ year old player with agent touting for last payday list.

Ollie played alot of games under SJ but alot of them off the bench. They had a rotating midfield policy so not sure he would be a shoe in starter.

Regardless still wouldn't want a player looking for 'one last contract' while we're focusing on a promotion winning campaign.
Aye. Main 3 were McDonald, Cairney, Johansen

I think it’s the usual lazy journalism from the Star. I don’t think they have a clue what’s happening at the club.

SJ hasn't even started the job yet and The Star have us linking us with players.

SJ hasn't even started the job yet and The Star have us linking us with players.

Of course they have. SJ probably had his target list as part of the interview process. Just because he's not sat in an office at Shirecliffe doesn't mean he's not making plans, and helping with transfer strategy. Bettis even confirmed last week he'd just had a 3 hour call with Slav about transfers.

Is this a cunning slight of hand as we sign Morrell?

Perhaps he is aware of what the recruitment team are doing ?
Squad to be in place when or soon after he arrives

No thanks, the sort of player the pigs would have gone for a couple of years ago.

Used to think he was a cracking player but now feels risky.

Then again is it much different to Didzy.

Back
Top Bottom