Outgoing? JOC to Man U......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Talking to a mate today who's a big Manc Poo fan, and he's under the impression, that if JOC is back to his best first half of next season, then they'll be in for him in January???
Apparently there was interest before this shambles of a season, but obviously he had to have an opp, but he has been watched by all accounts??

As long as we have him for the first half of the season, if we're not challenging in January then he can go.

Didn't Jack say he'd only leave us if Liverpool came in for him as he's a fan

I think it's fair to say, as with many clubs, every one of our players are available should the price be right

That's not to say, all of them will leave obviously. It's just that it doesn't matter which one, they all have a price attached to them and any of them could leave

I expect Berge and Egan to go because they are Prem players, but hopefully one or two others will leave. Just hoping there are interested parties out there for the players I don't mind seeing go

New broom sweep clean. New manager, new ideas, new squad

Praying it all works out, though I'm sure many of us have our doubts

Talking to a mate today who's a big Manc Poo fan, and he's under the impression, that if JOC is back to his best first half of next season, then they'll be in for him in January???
Apparently there was interest before this shambles of a season, but obviously he had to have an opp, but he has been watched by all accounts??
As long as they tip up £50 mill we don't give a fuck😊👍

I’ve always been under the impression man utd were keeping an eye on him. They’ve been desperate for a LCB for a while and they have a penchant for english players... however i do think they’d try and go for Ben White first, or Tyrone Mings

Left-footed centre halves are in seriously short supply at the elite level, and so it wouldn't surprise me if O'Connell is on the radar of a number of big clubs, particularly as more and more go with three at the back. With such a bad injury, I doubt anyone would take a flier on him this summer, at least at a price we'd be willing to sell at anyway (which right now is probably £15-20m I'd say). But if he's looking back to his best in the first half of the season in the Championship, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a club spending £20 odd million on him in January.

For me, O'Connell is streets ahead of Mings in all facets of the game except potentially pace. But that Mings is so highly thought of, and even in the bloody England squad, speaks to the lack of left-footed centre backs. It's a real thing.

I think it's fair to say, as with many clubs, every one of our players are available should the price be right

That's not to say, all of them will leave obviously. It's just that it doesn't matter which one, they all have a price attached to them and any of them could leave

I've no issue with that TBH as long as we get the correct fee for them and the money is reinvested.

Our problem for far too long was that we always sold cheaply IMHO and invested in inferior replacements. Once that happens regularly, which it did, then is only one way your club is heading.

Left-footed centre halves are in seriously short supply at the elite level, and so it wouldn't surprise me if O'Connell is on the radar of a number of big clubs, particularly as more and more go with three at the back. With such a bad injury, I doubt anyone would take a flier on him this summer, at least at a price we'd be willing to sell at anyway (which right now is probably £15-20m I'd say). But if he's looking back to his best in the first half of the season in the Championship, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a club spending £20 odd million on him in January.

For me, O'Connell is streets ahead of Mings in all facets of the game except potentially pace. But that Mings is so highly thought of, and even in the bloody England squad, speaks to the lack of left-footed centre backs. It's a real thing.

If, and it's a big if, he really does get back his true top form then he'll be the best player in The Champ and if we sold him for £20m I'd be absolutely disgusted.

As you've stated high class left footed CB's are at an utter premium and add that to the comparative transfers recently or price tags that have been put on similar players and £20m would be way, way undervalued.

For comparison Mings went for £25m when Villa went up having not played regularly in The Prem before and unproven at that level. Now I know Villa overpaid in general that summer but it could be argued Man U over pay even more.

Another comparison is Man U paid £80m for slabhead. I'm really not sure anyone could seriously claim a fully fit and top form JOC is worth a quarter of Maguire???

I was told he’s out for two years. Already been one, was advised to have surgery and take two years or retire..

Was also told something along the line of he’s due a huge pay cut. A relegation wage reduction of 50% and further 25% cut for being out for a year

I was told he’s out for two years. Already been one, was advised to have surgery and take two years or retire..

Was also told something along the line of he’s due a huge pay cut. A relegation wage reduction of 50% and further 25% cut for being out for a year
Really? Terrible for him if that’s true and his mental strength will have to be strong if he is to get through the 2 years and then get back playing. Any links to this?

Really? Terrible for him if that’s true and his mental strength will have to be strong if he is to get through the 2 years and then get back playing. Any links to this?
It’s what I was told, was also told he could take a chance on stem cell treatment that could shorten the length of time out.

I don’t have links I know a player at another club who is friendly with a few blades players.

hope it’s dud info tbh

Wilder referred to it as being an unusual / unique situation which inferred that it could be career threatening. Feel sorry for the guy but intrigued to know what we had him insured for.

Wilder referred to it as being an unusual / unique situation which inferred that it could be career threatening. Feel sorry for the guy but intrigued to know what we had him insured for.
Knowing us, £150,000 payable in £5000 monthly installments

His last game was at Villa which was only 6 and a half months ago.

Back
Top Bottom