Incoming? Jed Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Right winger/attacking midfielder at Wolves.

From an ITK Blade on Twitter, also a bit on centre halves:

@swaccountants @adzblade8 We were after Jed Wallace at Wolves on loan until Jan but new boss has picked him so presume is a no go now. We have asked about...
..availability on a number of centre-backs, a couple of which starters in champ'ship but can move if other transfers come off.

He assumes it's a no go because he's started Wolves' first two games but that's not necessarily the case. The foreign players they've brought in (including a winger who was a regular at Monaco last season) are likely to be first choice in time, it's possible Zenga started the season with players more familiar with the league etc. They're also spending £20m on a winger from Benfica (really) and are said to be trying to re-sign Bakary Sako. I'm pretty sure Wallace won't be getting many games and they will be willing to loan him out before the deadline.

He'd be a very good signing so hopefully there's something in this.

• Banned
I'll throw in another suggestion from Wolves, Jordan Graham. Another winger, he came through Villa's academy and looked shit hot against us in the youth cup the year we got to the final. Since then he's found himself at Wolves and impressed quite a bit, even got their number 11 shirt. Could be available for loan though with the players they're bringing in.

Jed Wallace is a fantastic player, far too good for L1 IMO. To sign him would be a massive coup and one I just can't see happening.

Byrne, Wallace and Graham. Surely if we just hang around Molineux long enough they'll let us have one of them!

I've not seem anything of Graham but would be delighted with either of the other 2.

I'll throw in another suggestion from Wolves, Jordan Graham. Another winger, he came through Villa's academy and looked shit hot against us in the youth cup the year we got to the final. Since then he's found himself at Wolves and impressed quite a bit, even got their number 11 shirt. Could be available for loan though with the players they're bringing in.

Harry Chapman, Middlesborough?

Be surprised if any of the above come in now, now that Chapman has arrived. I would still definitely welcome Byrne though, if we want to really make a sign of intent.

Looks a reasonably strong rumour.

Very good player at this level. Wouldn't come as back up. He'd be Chapman's replacement but could possibly play RWB as well. Or maybe he'd end up playing off Sharp - he's the sort of player I've been referring to when suggesting signing a good attacking midfielder as a possible alternative to signing a striker.

Maybe having EEL here would work in our favour.

I think its an excellent signing, like you say can play in a lot of different positions and was excellent for Portsmouth

Could be bollox, but I'm keeping an open mind:

Darren Smith ‏@swaccountants

Karl Robinson will not be happy!...Carruthers and now Jed Wallace. Are we just doing this because of his stance on McFadzean!

1. Liam ‏@liamr199 Jan 2
    @swaccountants Thought Wallace were heading for Millwall before our interest? Did KR want him also? Two good players for now + future..

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

2. Darren Smith ‏@swaccountants Jan 2
    @liamr199 Millwall and Charlton had talks with him. Millwall saying deal off though as Wolves have agreed to loan him to us instead.

Don't know a thing about him but we should get him signed on the strength of his name alone. Proper footballing name, that.

More likely to get into Millwall's or Charlton's team team than ours, just a squad filler. If I were Wolves he wouldn't be coming here.

Back
Top Bottom