CONFIRMED Jebbison loaned to Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He scored a tap in, he didn't tear it up. Genuinely don't think he's ready but happy to be proven wrong.
True but in his short cameo he showed better better natural striker positioning than any of our other forwards had all season. That's 90% of what makes a good forward. Having that instinct and anticipation.

He scored a tap in, he didn't tear it up. Genuinely don't think he's ready but happy to be proven wrong.
Not ready for champ no, totally agree, but if I was him and got loaned to non League after last year I'd be a bit gutted, I reckon if we really want to loan him we would be able to to League 1 level due to the reputation he gained, which would do him the world of good as long as he gets minutes. There's nowt like a hard tackle early doors from a 35 year old journeyman to make you realise what real football is!

Jesus wept. Jesus. Fucking. Wept.

He’s shown more in his limited time on the pitch than Brewster. Jebbo represents the future of this club and must be given his wings in the 1st team squad, at least for the first half of the season.

It is imperative that the youth rise with us next season. Sharp is coming to the end of his career, the same with Didz. Moose needs binning off, as does Burke.

Chelsea never loaned Tammy A out to a club lower than the championship and Man City are looking at placing Liam Delap with a championship team next season, but yet some on here would happily send Jebbo down to the fucking conference?!? Lord give me strength. If we’d stayed up last season, we’d be looking at sending him to the likes of Hull or Peterborough.

There’s some fucking plums on here & the recent hot weather seems to have ripened them. 🙄

He’s shown more in his limited time on the pitch than Brewster. Jebbo represents the future of this club and must be given his wings in the 1st team squad, at least for the first half of the season.

It is imperative that the youth rise with us next season. Sharp is coming to the end of his career, the same with Didz. Moose needs binning off, as does Burke.

Chelsea never loaned Tammy A out to a club lower than the championship and Man City are looking at placing Liam Delap with a championship team next season, but yet some on here would happily send Jebbo down to the fucking conference?!? Lord give me strength. If we’d stayed up last season, we’d be looking at sending him to the likes of Hull or Peterborough.

There’s some fucking plums on here & the recent hot weather seems to have ripened them. 🙄
Have a like for plums

Never been called a plum before, but anyway - let's wait & see on Jebbison. I think we were all looking for something to cling onto after a very dismal season & hyped him up a little bit too much. His performances were what I'd expect of a very young lad thrown in at the deep end. He's only 17 years old so has time on his hands. A loan to the Conference / League 2 for half a season wouldn't hurt his development. Pretty sure that's where DCL & Billy Sharp went to cut their cloth.

Never been called a plum before, but anyway - let's wait & see on Jebbison. I think we were all looking for something to cling onto after a very dismal season & hyped him up a little bit too much. His performances were what I'd expect of a very young lad thrown in at the deep end. He's only 17 years old so has time on his hands. A loan to the Conference / League 2 for half a season wouldn't hurt his development. Pretty sure that's where DCL & Billy Sharp went to cut their cloth.

📞"Listen, Jebbo, we know there was a bit of interest in you last year, so thanks for staying with us and committing. Also, thanks for that goal at Everton, and well done on winning Premier league scholar of the year. Looking great in the kit launch as well. Anyway, we've lined you up with a year at Solihull Moors, and if you look good come Christmas, a really tough test at Barrow or something. Cheers"

📞"Listen, Jebbo, we know there was a bit of interest in you last year, so thanks for staying with us and committing. Also, thanks for that goal at Everton, and well done on winning Premier league scholar of the year. Looking great in the kit launch as well. Anyway, we've lined you up with a year at Solihull Moors, and if you look good come Christmas, a really tough test at Barrow or something. Cheers"

Yes. More or less.

Yes. More or less.

😆 Fair enough. Opinions is opinions, but I disagree. I think the club has seen enough in Jebbo to be part of the team this season. Ultimately it's down to Slavisa though. We'll see.

Screenshot_20210722_233443.jpg

This is definitely the sort of subtle imagery clubs use for players they're about to send to the conference/Sunderland

In favour of him going out on loan, think he's some way off featuring for us regularly in the Championship.

I'd be cautious about Sunderland though, always seems a toxic atmosphere
Why he was our most effective centre forward last season.?

He's obviously a interesting player, with plenty of potential - and one who we all hope "makes it". However surely looking at the odds dictate he's more likely to end up in the lower leagues than the top flight.

He could well prove me wrong but he's 17, and isn't remotely ready to lead a Premier League chasing attack. Think there's a few rose tinted specs on those who thibk he is.

For me what he needs is game time, week in week out. So a loan makes complete sense, suggest League 1 or 2 would be the best bet. We'll have a better idea of Jebbisons ability / potential after a couple of months. I'd be surprised if he pulled up trees at any level at this stage of his career, even down to the conference - as its very rare you see any 17 year olds do this in mens leagues.

It is however very nice to have an exciting crop of youngsters, to what extent this is a special crop or just hype created by a terrible first team season, strong youth team results and an active social media team remains to be seen!

Apologies for calling you a plum. I had imbibed, and perhaps I over egged the omelette.

Nothing concrete but seen a few Sunderland fans adamant that they’re signing jebbison on loan
Source?
Living / working / drinking in that City (sic) I’m not aware of any Slumderland fan that knows who D J is ?
Whilst they could do with another forward it’s ‘experience’ they’re needing having lost Wyke & likely (hopefully ?!) Grigg
The more consistent ‘gossip’ (wishful thinking) was about Billy

My take on Jebbison was that he played the lone striker very well in his 3 games and offered more than 3 or 4 of our other strikers did last season. I appreciate that he was picked with didzy and Osborn supporting him. Also in the Burnley game he massively improved after half time, by getting much more physical with the two strong centre backs. If he's going out on loan, it should only be till Christmas, then get him back and review progress

A player being used in a shirt promotion has no bearing on where he'll be playing his football that season
Why would a club use a player they intended to loan out for promoting the new shirt thus putting his image in the kit that he wont wear on promotional material and potentially on 20 foot high banners on the south stand?

I agree if he was the star man and he was taken from us for millions and the club couldn't say no after using him, but a youngster who may or may not be loaned out would suggest it will be more likely the latter otherwise its a pointless exercise and a waste of money

Why would a club use a player they intended to loan out for promoting the new shirt thus putting his image in the kit that he wont wear on promotional material and potentially on 20 foot high banners on the south stand?

I agree if he was the star man and he was taken from us for millions and the club couldn't say no after using him, but a youngster who may or may not be loaned out would suggest it will be more likely the latter otherwise its a pointless exercise and a waste of money
Ask Che Adams or Calvert-Lewin

Source?
Living / working / drinking in that City (sic) I’m not aware of any Slumderland fan that knows who D J is ?
Whilst they could do with another forward it’s ‘experience’ they’re needing having lost Wyke & likely (hopefully ?!) Grigg
The more consistent ‘gossip’ (wishful thinking) was about Billy
Read their forum

Any lower than a League 1 club would be ridiculous. TBH, any lower than a top 10 League 1 club would be.

So we would need to loan him to Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc. or as others have suggested, why not Beerschot?

Chateroux would be daft too - they play in the French 3rd tier which is equivalent to farmers and postmen

Back
Top Bottom