Player Suggestion Jarrad Branthwaite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Uhlenbeek

Why are the fans booing me?
Reaction score
Worth a look as a loan/loan to buy, don't think he'd get a game at Everton and probably not Prem Ready just yet.

Left footed CB, had half a season on loan at Blackburn before being curtailed by an ankle injury.

Worth a look as a loan/loan to buy, don't think he'd get a game at Everton and probably not Prem Ready just yet.

Left footed CB, had half a season on loan at Blackburn before being curtailed by an ankle injury.

Was immense when he played against us can’t say I know anything else about him.

Good shout. Isnt that Chelsea player Salty Clarke who was at Birmingham last season also a lefty?

In my opinion other teams 19yr odds are not what we require on loan. They are unlikely to oust one of our senior players and stand in the way of progression for our younger crop. Unless there's the option of a full transfer use the money elsewhere.
If they are better than our 19 year olds who for the most part looked well off it then it means a stronger squad. Our first XI is play off quality...

Personally I think he'd be excellent for Utd - a big unit that naturally plays left sided. He looked exposed in a back 2 at Prem level (e.g. his red card v Brentford) but could well shine in a back 3 at Champ level.

As much as we want our youngsters to be the solution we do not have a young centre back that is good enough for sustained championship football. We could be getting a future England internationals in on loan and some people would be saying play our youngsters before other teams youngsters even though ability wise it’s no contest.

We won't get him other clubs have dosh ... we don't!
We’ve probably more chance with it being a loan as our record in that regard is impeccable we’ve now return Deano and MGW back to their parents clubs as real high value assets I’d imagine we’re seen as a really desirable location for prem youngsters at the moment.

Would this be instead of the 7 figure guy who was on loan in France?
Thats a few quid saved (towards Twine) if it is.

We won't get him other clubs have dosh ... we don't!

Utd's CEO said himself there is money available for loans

We’ve probably more chance with it being a loan as our record in that regard is impeccable we’ve now return Deano and MGW back to their parents clubs as real high value assets I’d imagine we’re seen as a really desirable location for prem youngsters at the moment.

Not sure you could class Utd's record on loans as impeccable Yogi when you consider Woodman, Retsos, Ampadu as well as more experienced recent loans such as Zivkovic, Uremovic, Olsen, Davies and Hourihane - none of whom impressed

Utd's CEO said himself there is money available for loans

Not sure you could class Utd's record on loans as impeccable Yogi when you consider Woodman, Retsos, Ampadu as well as more experienced recent loans such as Zivkovic, Uremovic, Olsen, Davies and Hourihane - none of whom impressed
I’m not counting the older players as they’re more squad filler loans of senior pros who wouldn’t get football at their parents clubs being fixed up for a season. I doubt there were development concerns there from the parents clubs ditto Retsos who was surplus and sent out on a try before you buy arrangement.

Woodman and ampadu are concerns I guess you’re right although Woodman has crashed and burned since so I don’t think it was a case of us stalling his development rather him not having it. Ampadu is probably a red flag.

Is it just lazy journalism or are us and Boro constantly after the same players.

I know there's clearly some logic as to why some players would be on both our radars regards style and system, but it feels like almost any rumour involving us includes Boro, or vice versa.

In my opinion other teams 19yr odds are not what we require on loan. They are unlikely to oust one of our senior players and stand in the way of progression for our younger crop. Unless there's the option of a full transfer use the money elsewhere.
There are some decent 19 year olds who would do a decent job for us this Braithwaite has played over 30 senior games so he's had some experience. He's 6.5ft tall I notice. I don't know much about Jerome Opoku, but he's a free agent LCB and has played a few games and at 6.5ft tall he'll certainly be a presence. Spent last season on loan in the Danish top flight. I'd be more excited by a permanent signing to be honest than a loan but then there is the odd gem out there like MGW, Forest essentially had several key loan players as an example; hate mentioning them!

Ticks all the boxes for what we are lacking, LCB 6 foot 5 aerially dominant. Once again though we are touting the line that you have to wait for the end of the window to get the best loan deals in. Paraphrased means you hope to pay less of their wages as teams get desperate to move them on. This lad would be a good option for us but I don't have the confidence in our people to get this over the line in the next few weeks based on their current state of slumber.

There are some decent 19 year olds who would do a decent job for us this Braithwaite has played over 30 senior games so he's had some experience. He's 6.5ft tall I notice. I don't know much about Jerome Opoku, but he's a free agent LCB and has played a few games and at 6.5ft tall he'll certainly be a presence. Spent last season on loan in the Danish top flight. I'd be more excited by a permanent signing to be honest than a loan but then there is the odd gem out there like MGW, Forest essentially had several key loan players as an example; hate mentioning them!
As far as I'm aware none of Forest's loanees were 19 though.

Been on loan at PSV, could be coming back to a relegated Everton.

*PSV Eindhoven will not sign Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite on a permanent deal despite being impressed by the 20-year-old during his season-long loan.
Depends on which league Everton are in next season but if there is a chance of getting him in on loan we should go for it. 6 foot 5 LCB. The perfect replacement for JOC.

definitely one i've earmarked. Just depends on which league Everton are in, he's one they'll keep around if they go down, cheap option

He's currently being watched by Liverpool & Man Utd and Everton have already turned down two £15m bids for him in the JTW.

I thought he coped really well with McBurnie in challenging for the longer punts. I’d have him for our LCB in an instant.

Back
Top Bottom