Incoming? James gibbons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CharnockBlade

Reaction score
23 year old wing back at port vale, able to play on both sides, but thought of more as a RWB (not that we need anymore?) seen it a couple of times on Twitter, reliable, I know. So I decided to have a look on the cake forum, they seem to think he’s off, does this mean another high earning outgoing, baldock for example?

Says he can also play on the left too though?

Have to say RND doesn't quite do it for me and I don't think he's quite athletic/quick enough at LWB to compensate. Reckon he might do Ok in a LB role possibly.
Stevens is still our best LWB.

Is RWB really a priority area? I'd have thought GK, CB, RCB, CM and CF additions/replacements would be more needed. Baldock and Bogle will be ok for now.

Can he cross a ball to an actual United player?
Yeah, it's utterly ridiculous how inept our wing backs are at this.

Bogle was appalling on Saturday. He doesn't get his head up at all.

He had an ideal opportunity to get an early cross into Billy who was unmarked in a great position but he simply didn't even look up to spot him. Billy was absolutely right to berate him afterwards.

Yeah, it's utterly ridiculous how inept our wing backs are at this.

Bogle was appalling on Saturday. He doesn't get his head up at all.

He had an ideal opportunity to get an early cross into Billy who was unmarked in a great position but he simply didn't even look up to spot him. Billy was absolutely right to berate him afterwards.
I remember an interview with Baldock in the first PL season and he said he'd been working hard on his end product. I think a game or 2 later he scored the sliced cross away at Spurs and he also scored the good goal at Norwich near Christmas. Since then he's been absolutely shite at crossing. I thought Bogle would be better but based on Saturday he's terrible as well.

I have a feeling that if you can't cross by your early to mid 20's then you're not going to improve. Therefore my theory that they should be made to run down the line in training and practice hitting the penalty spot with crosses until they can do it 7 or 8 times out of 10 probably won't work.

Whether it is at wing back, or one of the inside forwards. We need someone with a decent cross on them, somewhere in the line up.

Just read up on him, apparently known for his crossing ability, just as much as his aggression, tackles and red cards, few 'local' links that may or may not make the slightest bit of difference, signed a contract at PV while Michael Brown was manager, debut at Port Vale while Morgs was there as temp in charge with David (Ned Kelly) also played under Rob Page when he was PV manager

I'm only agreeable to this signing provided that the crowd are all allowed to do the Goodies 'Funky Gibbon' song and dance if he comes onto the pitch.

If not, then he's not what we need right now.

We have at least 5 players who could play left wing back for us - Stevens, Lowe, Osborn, Norrington-Davies, Robinson and 3 who could play right wing back - Bogle, Baldock, Seriki.

Up there with striker, this is the least needed realistic position. For all the fact he needs to up his game a bit, I don't see some guy who is in and out at Port Vale displacing Stevens.

We need another option at centre half and to replace any loans that get canned. That's it. Let's not start just bringing in shit we don't need.

Back
Top Bottom