CONFIRMED Jack Rodwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But the more important question is, has his boots been delivered yet?

"Nobody can deny the talent of a fit, in-form Rodwell: two-footed, a fluid force from box to box, decent tackler and blessed with a good shot and huge natural stamina. "

Potential cover for six positions. A trial seems worthwhile. Jagielka should know him well.

No problem, much more realistic than Ravel. These are the types of risks we are having to take at the moment. Can’t go spend £7m on potential, so it’s ok.

With Wilder at the helm we can be safe in the knowledge that such signings won’t be given long contracts.

Played a bit for Blackburn didn’t he last season ?

Last edited:
Who was that guy we took to Spain on trial in the summer? I bet there is a few names we never hear about that we have a look at. No harm in it. Seem to recall it paid off with McGoldrick!

Who was that guy we took to Spain on trial in the summer? I bet there is a few names we never hear about that we have a look at. No harm in it. Seem to recall it paid off with McGoldrick!
Joel Lynch. Part of the Sunderland team that beat us earlier this season!

No harm doing, some saw him as a bit of a cunt in that documentary but I understood where he was coming from regarding the contract he was given, you can’t just discard people when you decide you don’t need them anymore if they have a contract..

Six month contract, wage based on appearances like ravel, then it’s up to the player to show it in training ,.

Seems like a waste of a place in the 25. However Wilder could sign my nan and I'd be confident he'd get her performing well.

Signing Ravel Morrison was a bit of a dumb move...

How? Why? Based on what evidence?

In terms of a cost / output basis, if you'd said Freeman you may have a point... If you'd name checked Ryan Leonard you'd also increase the validity of your point.

But paying nothing but minimal wages for a player who doesn't turn out is "dumb" ....

As per the above responses, it was a shot to nothing. Low risk, potentially high reward with a low probability of success. Given the tunes Wilder & Co have got out of some similar "no hopes" I'm not surprised they played those odds & wouldn't describe it as "dumb" that they did.

Low risk, potentially high reward.

Based of his career to date I’ve no reason to believe he’d be anything more than some potential cover with the possibility of becoming a massive hit if everything breaks right. (Injuries, attitude, adaptability).

And there’s nothing wrong with that imo. Could be a Morrison (who’s unfortunately not quite made paid off) or could be a mcgoldrick impact.

Screenshot_20191219_170038.jpg

Id only consider it a dumb move if he wasn't involved. At the least, it gives the first team a tricky lad to play against in training, at the most he reappoints himself with his inner baller and tears the league up.

Ravel was a good move until proven otherwise

View attachment 66825

Id only consider it a dumb move if he wasn't involved. At the least, it gives the first team a tricky lad to play against in training, at the most he reappoints himself with his inner baller and tears the league up.

Ravel was a good move until proven otherwise

I'd like to think some of his audacious trickery has inspired some of our lads also. I can imagine Basham seeing Ravel doing backheels & replicating, Baldock with his little step over, turn & shoot. I've no idea whether Ravel has had this kind of intangible impact, but maybe...

Give it a rest. A bloke from DHL was more ITK on this than you.
If the DHL driver that dropped Rodwell's boots off knew of a 'safe place' in Shirecliffe he was probably more ITK than ANY of us!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom