Is slav the man for a rebuild

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RecordBreakers

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's useless or finished by any means BUT let's be honest with ourselves this team need a complete rebuild. That today was pathetic against 11 defenders, they'd make anybody look decent which is what happened let's not beat around the Bush we are poor beyond belief I just don't see anything from that squad we've seen it for 15 month on the box now were seeing it up close. My question is IS slav the man for a rebuilding job because he isn't gonna get a tune out of these anytime soon. Sharp up top with jebbo let Sharp walk him thro the game, it really hurt me to see Sharp when they scored the 2nd a fuckin legend at the lane.. bit of track there sorry but can slav rebuild?? For me NO

I'm not saying he's useless or finished by any means BUT let's be honest with ourselves this team need a complete rebuild. That today was pathetic against 11 defenders, they'd make anybody look decent which is what happened let's not beat around the Bush we are poor beyond belief I just don't see anything from that squad we've seen it for 15 month on the box now were seeing it up close. My question is IS slav the man for a rebuilding job because he isn't gonna get a tune out of these anytime soon. Sharp up top with jebbo let Sharp walk him thro the game, it really hurt me to see Sharp when they scored the 2nd a fuckin legend at the lane.. bit of track there sorry but can slav rebuild?? For me NO
I'm not sure, however his team selections and in game subs and formation changes have been worrying.

Slav, like all of us, can only work with tools with which he is assigned.

We can’t judge him until he’s chosen his own, or sharpened / discarded those he’s inherited.

Yes.

Who else would you have?

Let's just hope that he sticks around and doesn't walk if the board don't help him out.

You'll never get an answer to that, people act like we have the pick of greatest available for all positions in the club.

Prince is shit, when the alternative was McCabe, who is shitter.

Slav is shit, when the alternatives were shitter.

Give the bloke a chance and some money!

Better today, Slav had to change things and he did.

we will get better and we will find the connections between the players again.

Slav set us up right today after a calamity in first three games. We need to be better on and off the ball but the system was right

Yes.

Who else would you have?

Let's just hope that he sticks around and doesn't walk if the board don't help him out.
I really don't know mate I hope he can because he's the man we all pinned our hopes on, we'll most of us.

He's everything that Sheffield United aren't.
He knows a good player when he sees one, and he has brought these players into his previous clubs.

Unfortunately Sheffield United don't operate that way, every signing is the managers third or fourth choice, after Charlton, or Forest, or Brighton or Palace or Fulham or any other giant of the game has outdone us.

So, yes, he's the wrong man, he was probably expecting a bit of ambition and know how from the club, he was probably expecting the players from a Premier League club last season to be able to pass, move, create space and create chances at least, especially against lesser opposition.

He's the wrong man because he won't revert to hoofball, fouling, rough stuff and shithousery with a team of verstatile but garbage players, he's probably never seen anything so amateur and unprofessional in his life and has been taken aback by it.

We have 10 days left of his reign IMO, unless he gets about eight out of the door and six players THAT HE WANTS in, I think he'll go.

Tend to agree with JJB - but until he drops his guard & seemingly ignorance of the fans he will be constantly under pressure with results like these.
Donny away (3,200 there) - no acknowledgement to the fans before or after - WBA away after a total 'dog shit' performance........nothing. Does he know or even bothered we were all stuck at M1J /28 for over an hour on our way home from that debacle on Weds night on our way home?, when some up at 6am for work? (& whilst I wasn't there, no recognition of the elite who went to Swansea).
Only Billy Sharp now seems to retain the 'bond' between the players/supporters, which was no more evident than SJ & Jack Robinson @ WBA on Weds night.........piss poor SUFC!.

You're asking is Slav the right man after 4 games, his record is very good, everybody was absolutely thrilled with his appointment a few short weeks ago including I bet you, your post states is Slav the right man for a rebuild, as I said 'pal' stupid fuckin post, now do one

No, he can send a glass eye to sleep. Boring monotone manager, how does that motivate the team and don't even get me started on his team selections and tactics. A poor, very expensive manager. I guarantee he will not be here at the end of the season.

difficult to be the man when the recruitment team won’t sign anyone for the rebuild

100%

what can he do to turn around the side with the least amount of attacking threat in England. We simply CAN’T score

He’s got literally no options to change things with a squad of misfiring strikers, nothing midfielders and left backs.

let him bring some of his own players in. Every other club in England seemingly manages to conduct transfer business - just us that can’t do a deal to save our lives. it can’t be that fucking hard.

100%

what can he do to turn around the side with the least amount of attacking threat in England. We simply CAN’T score

He’s got literally no options to change things with a squad of misfiring strikers, nothing midfielders and left backs.

let him bring some of his own players in. Every other club in England seemingly manages to conduct transfer business - just us that can’t do a deal to save our lives. it can’t be that fucking hard.
Don’t worry that 35 year old free agent that played under him in qatar was at the match today. More past it and slow midfielders 👍🏽

No, he can send a glass eye to sleep. Boring monotone manager, how does that motivate the team and don't even get me started on his team selections and tactics. A poor, very expensive manager. I guarantee he will not be here at the end of the season.
Good, we need fans like you

He believes in hard work and knows the players has more than has been seen in first few games. The team needs bit more time than they've had and lets hope there will be new pair(s) of legs to brighten things up a bit. We have had hopes on worse teams/managers so why not back the current ones as well?!

Don’t worry that 35 year old free agent that played under him in qatar was at the match today. More past it and slow midfielders 👍🏽
Perhaps a mid-fielder that can put the ball where he wants it to go would actually be an improvement?

I'm not sure, however his team selections and in game subs and formation changes have been worrying.
He is using early league games as part of the missing pre season. Let’s see if he gets his answers by the next home league match.

Seems to me Slav was brought in to sign a few good loans to supplement our squad of Premier League."talent and bounce back at the first attempt. It's now clearly apparent that the squad needs a complete overhaul which is going to be a long term project which will require sound investment and patience. Not sure Slav is the right man for the job. Hope I'm wrong but we may have been better off with Blessin for such a project.

Back
Top Bottom