Illiman Ndiaye and our Scouting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Ndiaye had a great debut and is a very skillful player.

I wonder how he slipped under the radar for so long at Boreham Wood. Looking at him and Che Adams who came from a similar league, It makes me wonder how many more gems like this are out there in those lower leagues, props to our Scouts for identifying this one.

If Saturday was anything to go by, Ndiaye will make us a lot of money.

I wonder how he slipped under the radar for so long at Boreham Wood. Looking at him and Che Adams who came from a similar league, It makes me wonder how many more gems like this are out there in those lower leagues, props to our Scouts for identifying this one.

Che has heaps of scouts watching him, I think it was stated somewhere that he held the record for most scouts attending a game to watch him.

Beats all that learning how to tie knots and Ging Gang Goolie business I spose....
Baden-Powell got lucky.

In this modern era he'd more likely be locked up for suggesting he got lots of little boys in shorts together to play with their toggles and do 'jobs' for him.

Baden-Powell got lucky.

In this modern era he'd more likely be locked up for suggesting he got lots of little boys in shorts together to play with their toggles and do 'jobs' for him.

Let alone “gang gang goolie “ 😨

Baden-Powell got lucky.

Not without controversy these days and there's always an angry mob on the corner to give someone a historical kicking.

Read that a statue of him was going to be removed from Poole harbour as some accused him of racism, homophobia and support for Hitler.

Personally, I fall into the camp of not putting everyone from previous times on trial and sentencing them based on the current (also temporary) barmy culture we appear to be living in today.

Let the dead rest in peace FFS.

Boreham Wood seem to have had quite a few go on from them to various league teams and looking like they might make half decent players,would imagine scouts are all over their games.

We signed a few kids from rising ballers which is an academy he was at before Boreham Wood. Also picked up a few other kids from down south including one or two very near to me. Clearly scouting isn't just limited to the local area.

We signed a few kids from rising ballers which is an academy he was at before Boreham Wood. Also picked up a few other kids from down south including one or two very near to me. Clearly scouting isn't just limited to the local area.
It’s not RND another one picked up from none league following his release from Swansea. Ayari And jebbison picked up from uk football trials aswell

I know of 2 kids from down south who have been invited to academy trials who were spotted at a tournament in Nottingham.

I know of 2 kids from down south who have been invited to academy trials who were spotted at a tournament in Nottingham.

It’s impressive that we regularly have Academy players who make it….regards pro football.
Also it’s quite incredible that some of them turn into big PL stars…..Walker, Maguire, Calvert-Lewin etc.
It must be so easy for our Academy to attract top talent.

Whereas if you look across the city….at S6 they hardly ever produce home grown talent…that become top players. It can’t be down to luck or coincedance.

It’s impressive that we regularly have Academy players who make it….regards pro football.
Also it’s quite incredible that some of them turn into big PL stars…..Walker, Maguire, Calvert-Lewin etc.
It must be so easy for our Academy to attract top talent.

Whereas if you look across the city….at S6 they hardly ever produce home grown talent…that become top players. It can’t be down to luck or coincedance.
Don’t forget Jamie Vardy, he’s One Of Their Own™️ despite playing for them a grand total of 0 times and being let go at 16. They’re visionaries at developing players.….

There's footballers with the technical ability to make it at the top level throughout the football pyramid. Hell, I've played against a team full of former Romania U21 players at Sunday league level (lost 7-1, for what it's worth). The issue is usually the mental side - professionalism on and off the pitch and the 50+% of the time spent without the ball.

Don’t forget Jamie Vardy, he’s One Of Their Own™️ despite playing for them a grand total of 0 times and being let go at 16. They’re visionaries at developing players.….

and there’s the “Gary Cahill is an Owl” and “Harry Maguire was originally an Owl as a young kid” line.

It‘s quite sad really….they use any method to link top PL players with their club.

Somebody deserves a pay rise in the scouting team Brooks/Adams/Ndiaye I’m sure there are more

Players plucked from nowhere and made the club a lot of money well should have if we had kept adams

Somebody deserves a pay rise in the scouting team Brooks/Adams/Ndiaye I’m sure there are more

Players plucked from nowhere and made the club a lot of money well should have if we had kept adams
RND, Ayari, jebbison

Ndiaye suits how Slav wants to play the game - he might not have suited the slow build up of a CW team. Osborn also appears to suit how Slav wants to play. To be fair to Osborn, he's always been a busy player and appears to revel in fast movement. Billy also seems comfortable running channels, so good on him to adapt.

As for being a gem - 100% agreement - he actually looks like a proper footballer - he is everything that McB isn't.

Be interested in seeing how our flair players would have been against a team like Birmingham who took it in turn to pick up yellow cards.

Time will tell.

UTB

Don’t they get some kind of financial reward, a one off ‘finders fee’ if someone they’ve scouted, goes on to become a successful player?

Get what you’re saying but I want the day to come when these players ply their trade with us at the top end of the Premier League, pushing for Europe and winning the odd cup with us.

United have been targeting this type for eight or nine years now. Players that fall through the cracks: be that into non league, semi pro or park football, or straight out of a Cat 1 academy at one of the big clubs looking for a new home. We've paid nominal money for quite a few of them. We only hear again of those that make it. Ramsdale, Adams and Ndiaye are some of the bigger names. This is the club's response to EPPP, which has seen a number of our top youngsters in the younger age groups purloined by the big six for token pay outs. A sad tale told all over the country. The numbers Shirecliffe is still producing is quite incredible given the attack on the model. We have still got players still coming through the age groups with us which says something for our reputation. There's a lot of trust from the kids and their parents.

United have been targeting this type for eight or nine years now. Players that fall through the cracks: be that into non league, semi pro or park football, or straight out of a Cat 1 academy at one of the big clubs looking for a new home. We've paid nominal money for quite a few of them. We only hear again of those that make it. Ramsdale, Adams and Ndiaye are some of the bigger names. This is the club's response to EPPP, which has seen a number of our top youngsters in the younger age groups purloined by the big six for token pay outs. A sad tale told all over the country. The numbers Shirecliffe is still producing is quite incredible given the attack on the model. We have still got players still coming through the age groups with us which says something for our reputation. There's a lot of trust from the kids and their parents.
The academy development and subsequent poaching rules are a disgrace. Pushed through by the richest clubs with threats to with hold some of the crumbs chucked the way of other clubs.

I agree with our approach to look carefully at those released.

Upon a rewatch of the extended highlights I realised just how good both he and Gibbs-White were in the game. A number of positive contributions even if not everything came off.
If we can stop making dozy mistake (big ask) those two will provide the ammo to fire us up the table. There’s a reason everyone else suddenly looks better. Ndiaye is going to need some protection from refs though because he’s made two appearances and been on the receiving end of two nasty tackles and eventually one will land badly

Back
Top Bottom