If we're going to sell players, just sell them now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a fundamental rule of economics. Supply and Demand. If we leave it very late in the window then as time and other options start running out we play inflated fees to get the deal done...Prime example from a few years ago Will Grig. And in case of a short memory....closer to home Rhian Brewster.

It's a fundamental rule of economics. Supply and Demand. If we leave it very late in the window then as time and other options start running out we play inflated fees to get the deal done...Prime example from a few years ago Will Grig. And in case of a short memory....closer to home Rhian Brewster.
I've reported you for using the B word, a lot of people find it offensive please think before posting in future. Remember women and children read posts on here

Living rent free in your mind and missing me?

It's clear I can't say anything that would persuade you that I'm right, and even if I did you wouldn't admit it.

Half a Mars bar and a Curly-Wurly I don't know, I don't work for the club.

To be clear I hope I'm wrong and we get some quality players in as a result of this extra money, but I do fear an awful lot of time has been wasted on this unsettling the team which could do us real damage.

Living rent free in your mind and missing me?

It's clear I can't say anything that would persuade you that I'm right, and even if I did you wouldn't admit it.

Half a Mars bar and a Curly-Wurly I don't know, I don't work for the club.

To be clear I hope I'm wrong and we get some quality players in as a result of this extra money, but I do fear an awful lot of time has been wasted on this unsettling the team which could do us real damage.
Just wondered how your theory worked when you’d accept £12-15M. Where the money for strengthening?
Ah well I guess we’ll just need to wait a while until you bump this thread while pretending your argument didn’t have a fundamental problem and was taken apart.
You’ll be claiming the £20M as the offer we should have accepted early 😂

I’ll take my passive aggressive like or 🤣 now please and I’ll see you again in a few months.

Just wondered how your theory worked when you’d accept £12-15M. Where the money for strengthening?
Ah well I guess we’ll just need to wait a while until you bump this thread while pretending your argument didn’t have a fundamental problem and was taken apart.
You’ll be claiming the £20M as the offer we should have accepted early 😂

I’ll take my passive aggressive like or 🤣 now please and I’ll see you again in a few months.

Did I say I'd accept £12-15 M anywhere? There's something called a balance, not accepting the first bid but not faffing around for a whole summer for a bit more.

We will see what happens but I think this is far from an ideal situation

Did I say I'd accept £12-15 M anywhere? There's something called a balance, not accepting the first bid but not faffing around for a whole summer for a bit more.

We will see what happens but I think this is far from an ideal situation
No, you were very careful not to. However in this very thread you were advocating accepting early bids back in June. You only got to £18M with add ons yesterday last week which is in the "last minute" time-frame you wanted to avoid, so you would have had to accept significantly less. Given last weeks bid was £18M, £12-15M sounds reasonable to where you would have been. You can't now claim we should have accepted £20M in June when it wasn't being offered.
I'm all for assessing your comment when we see what happens, but we need to accept the reality of what you were proposing which is taking the early bids so we had more planning time.

Last edited:
This thread is silly.

'I fear that they'll both go latish in the window and we'll be scrambling for replacements, and as other clubs know we have the windfall will raise their prices so we'll either overpay or be left with dregs'

This thread is sadly looking more and more accurate by the day.

Completely sadly predictable that this was going to happen.

'I fear that they'll both go latish in the window and we'll be scrambling for replacements, and as other clubs know we have the windfall will raise their prices so we'll either overpay or be left with dregs'

This thread is sadly looking more and more accurate by the day.

Completely sadly predictable that this was going to happen.

Who are we selling Berge to?

Who are we selling Berge to?

The fact that no-one is coming in for him is a sad indictment of our management and recruitment and his disappointing performances.

I said more and more accurate by the way, not completely accurate.

The saying is time is money, and we have wasted a lot of time.

The fact that no-one is coming in for him is a sad indictment of our management and recruitment and his disappointing performances.

I said more and more accurate by the way, not completely accurate.

The saying is time is money, and we have wasted a lot of time.

Hasn’t our manager said that if we sold Ramsdale (which we obviously did) they had a plan in place to replace him. That plan is ready to go but he wants to give Verrips and Foderingham a chance to prove themselves first?

If that’s the case it means out of the two players you named one hasn’t been sold and doesn’t look like being and the other wasn’t sold particularly late in the window and wasn’t sold until a potential replacement was lined up. What is it you were accurate about exactly?

Hasn’t our manager said that if we sold Ramsdale (which we obviously did) they had a plan in place to replace him. That plan is ready to go but he wants to give Verrips and Foderingham a chance to prove themselves first?

If that’s the case it means out of the two players you named one hasn’t been sold and doesn’t look like being and the other wasn’t sold particularly late in the window and wasn’t sold until a potential replacement was lined up. What is it you were accurate about exactly?

We we'll see, it looks like I was accurate about everything as things stand.

If you ignore all of the points in my previous post, which you have conveniently done, then yes I suppose you were accurate about everything. When we don’t sell Berge you’ll do what you usually do, twist the meaning of your words and continue to claim you were right.

You prepared to say what price you would have accepted for Berge and Rammers yet?
Just to clarify Arsenal bid was £18-20M total a week before we accepted £24-30m, so back in July what would you have been selling them both for?

You prepared to say what price you would have accepted for Berge and Rammers yet?
Just to clarify Arsenal bid was £18-20M total a week before we accepted £24-30m, so back in July what would you have been selling them both for?

Read the OP. Would have been happy for £50 million for the two of them, rather than scrambling for 6 million add ons for Ramsdale which we probably won't get as Arsenal aren't going to qualify for Europe anytime soon.

I think we could have got 20M for Ramsdale back in June yes

Read the OP. Would have been happy for £50 million for the two of them, rather than scrambling for 6 million add ons for Ramsdale which we probably won't get as Arsenal aren't going to qualify for Europe anytime soon.

But no one was offering £20m in June, infact no one offered £20M until the bid we accepted middle of August . So what level would you have accepted in June given that fact?
You can’t sell someone for £20M when it’s not on the table, it would clearly need to be much less.

thats the problem, you have zero evidence, other than what you 'think'

thats the problem, you have zero evidence, other than what you 'think'
We do have evidence. Arsenal didn’t bid over £20M upfront until the bid we accepted.
It was £18M the week before which was their “final offer” when they called it all off. In June god knows what was on the table but given £18M was Arsenals 3rd or 4th bid, you can guess but it ain’t anywhere near £20M.

We do have evidence. Arsenal didn’t bid over £20M upfront until the bid we accepted.
It was £18M the week before which was their “final offer” when they called it all off. In June god knows what was on the table but given £18M was Arsenals 3rd or 4th bid, you can guess but it ain’t anywhere near £20M.
the comment was directed at FM, and his 'thinking' we could have got 20m in June

I’ll also add that you’re making the possibly incorrect assumption that we actually want to replace Ramsdale. Maybe the plan all along was to go with Verrips or Foderingham. I believe you’ve previously made the suggestion that we should replace Ramsdale with Verrips.

If that’s the case why wouldn’t we hold out for as much money as possible?

Has anyone yet offered £50m for the two of them? If not then are you saying you’d have sold them for less than you were happy with or are you saying you wouldn’t yet have sold either of them?

Has anyone yet offered £50m for the two of them? If not then are you saying you’d have sold them for less than you were happy with or are you saying you wouldn’t yet have sold either of them?
Part of the issue, regarding Ramsdale, were the number of stories in the press, reporting Arsenal had made a bid, then made another bid, amongst all this 'noise' one report said Arsenal had not actually registered an official bid. As with all transfer deals the only people that no the truth, are those involved in the actual process. What is annoying, the number of people that congratulate the club on getting a better price, by not accepting the first deal, holding firm and negotiating hard, and then proceed to criticise the club, the transfer feam, for not actually turning up to work, have a can't be arsed attitude, are inept and actively delay deals getting players in, completely ignoring the selling or loaning club we are dealing with, are not willing to accept our first offer, negotiating hard and playing games as they have multiple offers and can play one club off against another.

I'm think we could have sold Ramsdale for £20 million in June.

It's a forum where we say what we think.

I'm think we could have sold Ramsdale for £20 million in June.

It's a forum where we say what we think.
Yes, but based on all the available evidence suggesting you are entirely wrong, no one is going to believe you and any claims to being right are laughable. The only £20M plus offer came in 2 weeks ago, that’s a fact.

Yes, but based on all the available evidence suggesting you are entirely wrong, no one is going to believe you and any claims to being right are laughable. The only £20M plus offer came in 2 weeks ago, that’s a fact.

And what evidence do you have? We could have invited bids in June I'm sure and put him and Berge on the transfer list, raise the money we needed at that time and go out and get the players we needed in July.

Or are you happier with the way we have done things now? I think some prefer club pride in holding out for more money as a point of principle rather than being pragmatic.

Not sure if this has been asked but surely we’d get bigger fees nearer the window closing?

It was explained on here........

Not sure if this has been asked but surely we’d get bigger fees nearer the window closing?

It was explained on here........
We didn’t need to, all we need to do is get FM to tell us how he’s getting £50M out of the clubs in June when it wasn't on offer and we’ll be golden.

Personally I’d have kept both Rammers and Berge and sold Burke for £60M.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom