If we were gifted £20m to spend on BDTBL....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Just out of interest and for a bit of fun, if a rich blade died and kindly allocated £20m to be spent on Bramall Lane, what improvements would you make, what would you like to never change?

Make some of the seats in the Family Stand liftable to speed up exit times after the game

Build a missile silo under the pitch to demolish the rust bucket.....

id like the roof to be extended on the family stand because without fail everytime it rains the front 6 rows get wet

remove the pillars from the kop get new seating on john street the sun has turned em pink and better toilet and refreshment facilities on the kop any left over pay mcburnie off

Take some of it to give the kids on the catering kiosks an extra quid or two an hour and some training

£20 million is nothing for improving a stadium these days, could only be minor improvements indeed.

Take a heat gun to the seats, like brand spankers

#tiktok
Will these spankers be charging the usual fees for their services ? Hopefully not during the match it might put the players off !

The Kop is the worse part of the ground….it hasn’t changed that much since the 80’s….which is pretty disgraceful really.

McCabe is a property developer and his architects decided the best “value for money“ option was to
Take out all the pillars, build it bigger at the back increasing capacity by 3,200
and building massively improved concourse areas, more bars, more toilets, more space and more importantly all undercover away from the wind and rain.
This is still the most realistic/ sensible option but with “safe standing“ being trialled in the new year.
It might be more sensible to wait until we see how successful it becomes.
Might be able to do a new Kop design with extensive safe standing built in.

The more ambitious option that is more of a “statement of intent/ show-off” vanity project
that would be really expensive taking decades to recoup the investment would be a new South stand. The main point of these works isn’t to increase capacity, altho a new upper tier would give us 5,500 extra seats, wouldn’t be needed unless doing reasonably well in the PL.
The main purpose of this work is new/ expanded/ posh changing rooms, posh/ expanded media centre, expanded and massively improved executive and boardroom facilities.

Basically any prospective signings, journalists who write about us, radio and TV personnel who report about us, VIP visitors/potential sponsors would be really impressed with Bramall Lane and the whole brand called “Sheffield United FC”.

The stadium is part of the clubs identity, so it would strengthen our claim to be a big club worthy of regular PL football.

Last edited:
Spend it on the academy and training facilities in a new location. £20m probs not enough, though.
Use that to generate the money to change the roof abs pillars on the kop and make it all standing.

id like the roof to be extended on the family stand because without fail everytime it rains the front 6 rows get wet

But when it's not raining the first six rows stay dry, swings and roundabouts innit. I don't know what you're moaning about really..

In all seriousness, I'd like to improve the areas cameras don't usually go, SS/John Street concourse, behind Kop etc..

If COVID didn't happen the Kop posts would now be gone. I think the price quoted was 10 or 15 million (I don't remember which). This would be the best thing that could happen as a fan.
More important for the club would be a new academy and Cat #1 status or a new South Stand. The wet dream would be knocking the Kop down, increasing the rake of the stand and putting all mod cons inside.

I would like them to remove the pillars on the KOP and I would accept 5million as my consultation fee.

Thousands of bunk beds in the concourse just in case we need a nap or maybe a petting zoo in place of the car park, be quite nice when we're 3 down at half time to feed a rescue donkey or stroke some blind rabbits.

I'd have a marble statues of current blades legends in action poses all over the car park..

Ollie mcburnie heading it onto his own shoulder, Brewster sat on the subs bench doing that weird grin he does and moose running away from a smashed up lamborghini

Back
Top Bottom