Henderson fee agreed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

butchaboy

Reaction score
Skysports.com understands Sheffield United have agreed a fee with Watford for Darius Henderson.

Henderson has attracted interest from Cardiff, Birmingham and Wolves, but United have jumped to the head of the queue for the big striker by agreeing a deal with Watford.

Watford have given Henderson permission to open talks with United over a possible move to Bramall Lane.

Henderson scored 13 goals for Watford last season, but they have reluctantly decided to let the former Gillingham man leave Vicarage Road.

United boss Kevin Blackwell has moved for Henderson as he seeks a replacement for Derby-bound Rob Hulse and Henderson is expected to tie up his move to Yorkshire early next week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3842896,00.html

a price on him??

I really dont want him.

a £10million injection should buy us someone better.

id prefere Heidar Helguson if im honest

BT and Henderson in the same striking partnership would be very good from set pieces definately, however loosing the speed, blacky must be planning on havig speed down the wings?

think henderson will be back up for BT

13 goals in the league last seaon, better than back up in my opinion

but do you leave out webber, sharp and stead just for 2 big men up front.

Rather of kept Hulse.

Henderson is a cunt.

The point has been made on a few other forums but Henderson will offer us a bit of strenth up front. I think the price may be a bit much but could be a good signing.

Can't leave Webber out on his current form 3 in 2 up to now

We won the majority of pre-season friendlies last summer and went on to bomb in the league. Take "form" from these matches with a pinch of salt.

BT and Henderson in the same striking partnership would be very good from set pieces definately, however loosing the speed, blacky must be planning on havig speed down the wings?

Did we have some pace up front last season?

I think that had to be the slowest forward line in a while.

Until the full details of this potential transfer are made public it is difficult to form a solid opinion but there are a few issues that bug me about it if it comes to pass.

The first thing is the fee, if we end up making a loss from the Hulse out / Henderson in transfers then I would be very disappointed. If it were a straight choice between the two I would want to keep Hulse and if by selling him and replacing him we end up making no profit (or even end up losing money) then I do not see the point.

Secondly, one must assume that Beattie is going to miss the start of the season; this alone is a major blow and worthy of comment.

Thirdly; if we are willing to throw around 2 million at a player who is a ‘stand in’ then why are we haggling over the fee for Cotterill who would be first choice and has already proven he can cut it at the lane.

Finally; I would assume that this means the end of Jon Stead. Webber / Sharp and Beattie / Henderson would appear to be the big man little man combination that Blackie is after and Stead simply doesn’t fit into either category.

These are my thought and are based on a lot of rumour and speculation. I will give Henderson every chance to prove a success; I’ve learnt my lesson from the signing of the man he looks set to replace when it comes to forming opinions on players before they kick a ball.

Thirdly; if we are willing to throw around 2 million at a player who is a ‘stand in’ then why are we haggling over the fee for Cotterill who would be first choice and has already proven he can cut it at the lane..

Just saw this point on another forum, and yes I would have to agree whole heartedly.

I agree Jodman. If were spending big, splash out on cotterill. we know he works well in the team.

Danny murphy for CM?? :D

Back
Top Bottom