Player Suggestion Hamza Choudhury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
Young, hungry, tenacious, battling defensive England u21 midfielder. Impressed most of us last season.

TBH I put £3 on him getting into the Euro 2021 squad!

Currently something missing from our team. Would fit current formation allowing Berge to go back to RCM, or would fit any necessary change in formation.

The type that could give the whole side a lift if he started well for us.

Surely available on loan as not appeared at all in the league for Leicester. Though he has played in Europa League.

He's going to be another Demerai Gray. Not good enough to get into their XI, but a decent player wasting away on the sidelines.

He ran the show against us at the lane last year, was everywhere. He's a nasty bastard too which I think we could well do with.

Young, hungry, tenacious, battling defensive England u21 midfielder. Impressed most of us last season.

TBH I put £3 on him getting into the Euro 2021 squad!

Currently something missing from our team. Would fit current formation allowing Berge to go back to RCM, or would fit any necessary change in formation.

The type that could give the whole side a lift if he started well for us.

Surely available on loan as not appeared at all in the league for Leicester. Though he has played in Europa League.
I’d love to see this happen he might be the standout candidate to come in surely he’s got to be third choice for that role at Leicester behind ndidi and mendy now.

Problem is that playing for dirty Sheffield United his horror tackles would righly get him sent off on a regular basis. He'd miss a third of the season through suspension.

Think he’s a quality player to be honest - no shame in not being on that Leicester starting 11.

but to be honest I don’t know how you could look at our squad and think another defensive minded midfielder is what’s missing. You couldn’t throw a stone without hitting one at our training ground.

Norwood, berge, ampadu, Rodwell, Osborn, Basham at a push, even fleck and lundstram are box to box types who can do defensive work.

Think he’s a quality player to be honest - no shame in not being on that Leicester starting 11.

but to be honest I don’t know how you could look at our squad and think another defensive minded midfielder is what’s missing. You couldn’t throw a stone without hitting one at our training ground.

Norwood, berge, ampadu, Rodwell, Osborn, Basham at a push, even fleck and lundstram are box to box types who can do defensive work.

Exactly. A good player who won't help create goals.

We've already made that mistake in signing Berge (and, arguably, Ampadu). We need someone who will help us score.

Norwood and Berge could not tackle a fish and chip supper, ampadu yes but needed at LCB, Rodwell not in the squad and Bash needed at RCB.
Berge is currently the only decent midfield player, he needs midfield support we do not have any.

We've already made that mistake in signing Berge (and, arguably, Ampadu). We need someone who will help us score.
We do need to someone up help us attack. But we also need someone to break up play and win the ball... Which does actually help you score, in the grand scheme of things.

We do need to someone up help us attack. But we also need someone to break up play and win the ball... Which does actually help you score, in the grand scheme of things.
still think ampadus best position is holding midfielder its the attacking midfielder were lacking fleck just hasnt been on it if we had anybody else to go in there he would have been benched 4 games ago i would love us to go 433 with mcburnie brewster and burke as the front 3

We don't have any midfielder in the building who can play the Mark Duffy role. Which seems a huge shame given it was 3-4-1-2 and not 3-5-2 that got us up.

Norwood and Berge could not tackle a fish and chip supper, ampadu yes but needed at LCB, Rodwell not in the squad and Bash needed at RCB.
Berge is currently the only decent midfield player, he needs midfield support we do not have any.
Berge nearly smashed a Leicester player into next year with one tackle so I'm.not sure that is true unless it was a joke in which case lolz

Berge nearly smashed a Leicester player into next year with one tackle so I'm.not sure that is true unless it was a joke in which case lolz
It was possibly an overstatement as far as Berge is concerned but for his size he does by no means impose himself on the opposition either in tackling or heading.

We are currently in a nasty position of missing both grit and flair in midfield.

In my head we would be better moving to a double pivot, have a Besic style player who can break up attacks, tackle and disrupt play, then have them sat next to Berge who becomes the link.

Having 2 holding would sure up defensive cover and possible allow an attacking midfielder or No. 10 style role.

Ampadu is possibly the player in our squad who could fill that role, but likely needed at the back.

Hopefully the 2 loans we are talking about in January could help facilitate this or a version of this.

Also another card away from a ban. Not sure you get there without tackling.

No-one in our midfield appears to be able to tackle (apart from Lunny diving in). Choudhury would rectify this. Him & Berge as a double pivot.

I would love to see him coming on a loan, especially if the Championship is called off and we get Luke Freeman back as well.

We definitely need to shuffle the pack in midfield, but desperately need some more cards.

Did not play, nor on bench - Mendy is now seen seen as back-up for Ndidi - manager has stated in local press that he might be available for loan later this month.
Sorry, meant their game v Palace which was the week before. My mistake. Still don’t think they’d want him coming here mind.

I would love to see him coming on a loan, especially if the Championship is called off and we get Luke Freeman back as well.

We definitely need to shuffle the pack in midfield, but desperately need some more cards.
Choudhury, Lindgard and Freeman.

Don't pick Ampadu in the squad unless one of the other two injured or Chelsea take him back.

I'd absolutely take Choudhury, this is a great shout and was wondering about his availability yesterday.

He's a high tempo, aggressive bastard 😁 the type you'd love to have, hate to play against.

Back
Top Bottom