CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
As much as we are crying out for a number 10 next season, we are absolutely in need of a right footer in there - and we could do a lot worse than Coventry’s Gustavo Hamer.
Really talented lad, lovely ball player with a bit of that Dutch aggression to his game. Can get up and down the pitch and isn’t shy of a few goals.

Had played the deeper Norwood role but has more than enough ability to play either the right sided midfield role, or the right side of a 2 behind a 10 too.

With Norwood criminally out of sorts, Lunny thankfully on his bike and Sander likely to leave we have to look at alternatives. And taking teams best players is something we should be able to do next season.

If anyone’s seen Coventry this season you’ll know anything good they do tends to go through him, I firmly believe that could be the same story for us.

As much as we are crying out for a number 10 next season, we are absolutely in need of a right footer in there - and we could do a lot worse than Coventry’s Gustavo Hamer.
Really talented lad, lovely ball player with a bit of that Dutch aggression to his game. Can get up and down the pitch and isn’t shy of a few goals.

Had played the deeper Norwood role but has more than enough ability to play either the right sided midfield role, or the right side of a 2 behind a 10 too.

With Norwood criminally out of sorts, Lunny thankfully on his bike and Sander likely to leave we have to look at alternatives. And taking teams best players is something we should be able to do next season.

If anyone’s seen Coventry this season you’ll know anything good they do tends to go through him, I firmly believe that could be the same story for us.
And for anyone biased against Coventry, don't forget we signed Fleck from Cov.

We will be in the same division as them, so I'm not sure why he'd come to us unless we are going to massively increase his wages. However I totally agree this is the road we have to go down I see they are currently 2.0 up v Brentford.

• Banned
We will be in the same division as them, so I'm not sure why he'd come to us unless we are going to massively increase his wages. However I totally agree this is the road we have to go down I see they are currently 2.0 up v Brentford.
Why wouldn’t he? Are our promotion aspects higher than Coventry? Yes.

And for anyone biased against Coventry, don't forget we signed Fleck from Cov.
They’ve also produced Maddison and Sam Mcallum Both sold to Norwich in recent years.

Why wouldn’t he? Are our promotion aspects higher than Coventry? Yes.
I will reserve my opinion on that question until I see who we sell and who we buy...we beat Bristol City 1-0 and they since have been spanked 6.0 at Watford and lost 2.0 at home to Reading and 1.0 at home to Barnsley today.

Next season is going to be a lot more difficult than some of our fans think and to me, as it stands, we are as likely to do a 'Huddersfield ' as a 'Norwich next season

Oh and one other potential reason...wages

Play them together for a season then sell them both together and make a killing.

June 2024, so 1 year left. I think he’s definitely worth a look if Coventry don’t get promoted. Top 3 for goal creating actions in the league per 90 last year, just ahead of Doyle and top 4 for shot creating actions.

View attachment 160871

View attachment 160872
Loan Diallo
Buy Hamer
Buy Doyle
Get Manning
Keep Ndiaye

We almost take the to of the table with us.

Unless the takeover goes through, I don't think we'll be buying anybody

Pretty sure the prince told Hecky there will be "some" funds for permanents in Geneva.

Doubtful it will be enough to purchase any of these lot however.

I'd take that lad. He was quality for Coventry tonight.

Can't believe I didn't reply to this one in 2021. Quality midfielder, crucially seems to have curbed his endless red cards recently. He's a complete midfielder, almost Gerrard-esque.

But I think he was so good on the big stage last night that he'll get a really big move. Everyone mid-Prem would have been looking at him before now.

If they don't go up he's gone without a shadow of a doubt.

I like this lad but if it’s him or Choudhury then it’s the latter everyday. Aside from his obvious ability he has experience at the top level. That is priceless and something we didn’t sign enough of - Jags aside - during our last spell in the PL.

Unless the takeover goes through, I don't think we'll be buying anybody
I just don't buy this no signings. We signed Anel last summer when we were looking at a season in the championship and in no better place financially.

Why are we going to spend less now we are premier league? I hope a lot of the money goes towards paying down debt, the training pitches and the academy but some will definitely go on players

Back
Top Bottom