CONFIRMED Femi Seriki signs new contract and joins Rotherham United on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we actually recall before January?
Depends on the contract signed. If would be unusual to have a season long loan without a clause stipulating he can’t be recalled before at least January but perhaps with the clubs being in the same group we haven’t.

If we do recall him we’d only be able to send him to non-league before January as no-one else can register him till Jan 1st.

Depends on the contract signed. If would be unusual to have a season long loan without a clause stipulating he can’t be recalled before at least January but perhaps with the clubs being in the same group we haven’t.

If we do recall him we’d only be able to send him to non-league before January as no-one else can register him till Jan 1st.
Not the case; we recalled RND from Luton in Jan last season and immediately sent him to Stoke.

56145A50-1B68-4C73-A7F0-DAA507D0D056.png
Once again not in the squad. January can’t come soon enough for him. League 1 loan I think. Will be chomping at the bit when/if he joins another team on loan and at the end of the day he genuinely is a really good player.

Bring him and coulibaly here in Jan and get them around the first team squad
I can't see how he can't provide cover for right back with the two current protagonists not exactly pulling up trees
And surely coulibaly can offer more than Norwoods meek performances

Not gonna step in front of Baldock or Bogle at the moment but he does need to be playing somewhere. A league one loan would be ideal.

I see Seriki didnt even get a run in the cup yesterday PurpleRain ... didn't even make the bench :(

And that was against a team in the Amateur division, who you beat 4-0 easily, would have been the perfect time to give him an opportunity...

I see Seriki didnt even get a run in the cup yesterday PurpleRain ... didn't even make the bench :(

And that was against a team in the Amateur division, who you beat 4-0 easily, would have been the perfect time to give him an opportunity...
I understand the new manager though. We desperately needed a first win to get at least some confidence back, so he fielded the strongest possible team. I don’t hear good things about Seriki in training. Fast player but technically not good is the most heard comment from training watchers. I think he will return in January. I think he should at least have been given a few starts to make a judgement but the situation at our club is completely wrong. You need a solid well run team to easily integrate young players. You can’t do that in a team as toxic as us at the moment. If you see that Caicedo on loan from Brighton and a well established Ecuador international even struggled to find his place then you can understand that for a less talented and inexperienced player it’s practically impossible to be a success.

Beerschot won today. Congrats PurpleRain Coulibaly on the bench and no Seriki again. Blessin's Oostende lost and mid table.
Thanks, we really needed that. Unfortunately you guys could not continue the climb up the table, would have been nice to both win. Coulibaly was suffering too much from the bad spell and trying too hard, the bench did him good and he looked again great when he came on and was the first to celebrate the win. Vaca, the Bolivian play maker had a great game today and Noubissi found his shooting shoes again. But still a long way to go to salvation. It’s a small step and a small window of hope. Hope they pick up some more points by January then the owners will have to show up with some decent signings. They have received a lot of bad press the last weeks. Today a newspaper called him the hopeless prince highlighting the poor performances of all his teams.

Thanks, we really needed that. Unfortunately you guys could not continue the climb up the table, would have been nice to both win. Coulibaly was suffering too much from the bad spell and trying too hard, the bench did him good and he looked again great when he came on and was the first to celebrate the win. Vaca, the Bolivian play maker had a great game today and Noubissi found his shooting shoes again. But still a long way to go to salvation. It’s a small step and a small window of hope. Hope they pick up some more points by January then the owners will have to show up with some decent signings. They have received a lot of bad press the last weeks. Today a newspaper called him the hopeless prince highlighting the poor performances of all his teams.
Has there anything in the Belgian press about Seriki or have they just forgotten he's there?

We need ro recall Seriki in January. This is the second young player our clearly clueless development team have sent to Belgium for a pointless gap year which will only harm their career.

We need ro recall Seriki in January. This is the second young player our clearly clueless development team have sent to Belgium for a pointless gap year which will only harm their career.

I think we should bring Ismaila Coulibaly back with him as well. If Coulibaly really is feeling a bit depressed, 20 years old, no family around him, then maybe coming back and being part of the under-23's for the rest of the season, with a group of lads his own age, might be better for him.

Seriki returned to United last week is what I heard.
Yep heard the same too.

Pity as now 2nd player to go over and not get any game time.

Gonna put alot of other youngsters off going to Beerschot in the future.

There's clearly a big jump up from youth football to men's. Broadbent isn't starting every game in league two. I remember being told on here every member of last years youth side would make it. That would be remarkable. It's not easy at all.

Yep heard the same too.

Pity as now 2nd player to go over and not get any game time.

Gonna put alot of other youngsters off going to Beerschot in the future.

I’d like to know the dynamic of the decision making involved. It seems like we go right let’s send X,Y, Z to Belgium, then they ask the player who goes whatever. Then he turns up at Beerschot with a note.

It’s doing no one any good at all. There can be an upside for example Lowton but for every Lowton there appears to be multiple other examples where it hasn’t worked. Someone seems to have massively over eat it’s where he is in his development and as such is now damaging further development

I’d like to know the dynamic of the decision making involved. It seems like we go right let’s send X,Y, Z to Belgium, then they ask the player who goes whatever. Then he turns up at Beerschot with a note.

It’s doing no one any good at all. There can be an upside for example Lowton but for every Lowton there appears to be multiple other examples where it hasn’t worked. Someone seems to have massively over eat it’s where he is in his development and as such is now damaging further development
There is just very poor decision making throughout the group as concerns player recruitment and player management. Hence the horrendous results.

Many good players have successful loans early in their careers, so in principle it is the right way forward. Although it may not work out on a pure football level, it can be of significant benefit to an individual to live away from home, especially abroad. That type of experience must assist in their general development, even if their football is put back 6/9 months.

Many good players have successful loans early in their careers, so in principle it is the right way forward. Although it may not work out on a pure football level, it can be of significant benefit to an individual to live away from home, especially abroad. That type of experience must assist in their general development, even if their football is put back 6/9 months.
Of course I think loans are important.. my point isn’t about loans but more a case of dumping players at other clubs in the United world group when there seems to be little thought behind it

It’s the right call to bring him back he needs to be playing football. I’d imagine if beerschot A’s position was a bit more positive he’d be seeing a bit more rotation in the squad but as it is they’ll be looking to building a platform for next season which won’t be seriki. Get him out on loan to league one/upper league two for the second half of the season.

Conference wouldn't hurt. He hasn't played any real men's football. We send players a year younger to conference north for a reason

I think the structure needs a bit of a rethink.

It's better to use the out of favour first team players who need game time than have this as the first loan for the U23 players.

If these players don't get fixed up in the window and remain out of favour towards the backend of it, not that they would all agree, but I'd think more appropriate options for both parties would be Verrips, Robinson, Norrington-Davies (especially if we recall Lowe), Slater, Burke and at one point I would have said Brewster. All depending on the needs of Beerschot of course. I'm not arrogantly suggesting we offload unwanted rubbish on our partners. If Norrington-Davies can't quite force out Stevens then it would be good to see him play games plus he's also a battler and would be useful for them. Not been a fan of Burke here but he does have his uses and with others around him his pace is an asset. Playing him at centre forward for us didn't help.

Back to the development, I think you go U23s, non league or lower league then if they don't quite make the cut for first team but you think they can play regular, and the need of Beerschot matches, then it might work.

Straight from U23s after no senior football seems an underestimation. Maybe Chateauroux, where a number of opponents are part time, but not clear how visas would work, though maybe youth would be in their favour under certain regs.

It seems to make sense to bring Coulibaly back in January if he is unhappy there especially as a relegation might ruin his chances of playing for United. Swapping him for Slater might not be the worst especially if United still want to keep Slater and observe him closely but Slav wants to use others. If he fancied it, of course. Could be a good life experience and he'd be up for a battle from what we've seen of him.

Last edited:
I think the structure needs a bit of a rethink.

It's better to use the out of favour first team players who need game time than have this as the first loan for the U23 players.

If these players don't get fixed up in the window and remain out of favour towards the backend of it, not that they would all agree, but I'd think more appropriate options for both parties would be Verrips, Robinson, Norrington-Davies (especially if we recall Lowe), Slater, Burke and at one point I would have said Brewster. All depending on the needs of Beerschot of course. I'm not arrogantly suggesting we offload unwanted rubbish on our partners. If Norrington-Davies can't quite force out Stevens then it would be good to see him play games plus he's also a battler and would be useful for them. Not been a fan of Burke here but he does have his uses and with others around him his pace is an asset. Playing him at centre forward for us didn't help.

Back to the development, I think you go U23s, non league or lower league then if they don't quite make the cut for first team but you think they can play regular, and the need of Beerschot matches, then it might work.

Straight from U23s after no senior football seems an underestimation. Maybe Chateauroux, where a number of opponents are part time, but not clear how visas would work, though maybe youth would be in their favour under certain regs.

It seems to make sense to bring Coulibaly back in January if he is unhappy there especially as a relegation might ruin his chances of playing for United. Swapping him for Slater might not be the worst especially if United still want to keep Slater and observe him closely but Slav wants to use others. If he fancied it, of course. Could be a good life experience and he'd be up for a battle from what we've seen of him.
Definitely agree. However RND was gov the opportunity of going to Beerschot but politely declined.

Definitely agree. However RND was gov the opportunity of going to Beerschot but politely declined.
He did, but if he finds himself 3rd in line cone January should Lowe return after a successful loan spell, maybe it would become a better option? Fair play to him for taking on the challenge though.

There's clearly a big jump up from youth football to men's. Broadbent isn't starting every game in league two. I remember being told on here every member of last years youth side would make it. That would be remarkable. It's not easy at all.
To be fair it looks to be a great side with jebbison and Ndiaye in the team along with brunt and lopata

Back
Top Bottom