CONFIRMED Femi Seriki signs new contract and joins Rotherham United on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah ok, Hull at home sounds good. Can you buy tickets on the day at the stadium?

Ah ok, Hull at home sounds good. Can you buy tickets on the day at the stadium?
I think so ( someone else will be better placed to advise) but if you do the queues will be awful. Better to get them beforehand if at all possible.

I think so ( someone else will be better placed to advise) but if you do the queues will be awful. Better to get them beforehand if at all possible.
I don’t think you can. Furthermore i reckon tickets will be sold out by then anyway. Get lots buying them as Christmas gifts

Many thanks. I am thinking to cross the channel between Christmas and New Year just to enjoy some football. My 2 kids are also football mad, especially about English football. I saw United has a home game against Preston. Do you think it would be a nice game and if tickets would be available? Any other games you would recommend in the region in that period, just to give the kids a great experience? They are 16 and 17 so no small kids anymore…

I'd recommend Hull. People will be drinking lots, atmosphere should be good, Yorkshire Derby(ish), they'll bring a lot of fans and we should be strong favourites to win.

If you are set on coming over then someone on here will gladly purchase a ticket on your behalf I'm sure (assuming they are reimbured ;) ). Drop me a DM if that's something you want doing - can't promise which part of the ground I can get one for though.
Been plenty of seats in the Pukka pie corner stand so far this season. It all depends on how we progress, 27900 on Saturday.

Thanks for the nice replies! Going to look into traveling options coming days. Went with the boat once from Amsterdam to Newcastle with the car on the boat. That was really nice. Might do that again or with the train through the Chunnel.

Thanks for the nice replies! Going to look into traveling options coming days. Went with the boat once from Amsterdam to Newcastle with the car on the boat. That was really nice. Might do that again or with the train through the Chunnel.
Hull would be closer for you on the ferry I’d have thought the downside being you’d have to drive through hull though 😂.

I saw a magnificent riot on the boat from Hull to Rotterdam once. Proper chairs flying about and glasses sailing through the air thing.

If you are set on coming over then someone on here will gladly purchase a ticket on your behalf I'm sure (assuming they are reimbured ;) ). Drop me a DM if that's something you want doing - can't promise which part of the ground I can get one for though.

PurpleRain I've got 3 accounts that don't get used as much as I'd like at the moment. I'd be happy to arrange some if I can. Think you can pick them up from the ticket office on match day.

Not sure how it works using someone else's number, but a few lads ordered tickets for their friends using my account for some PL matches season before last and didn't have any issues.

Last edited:
We did the trip via the train from Brussels, and you could have a nice stop off in London on the way. The drive is quite a trek I would imagine.
I agree with the advice above about contacting the club and highlighting your team and I’d hope they’d sort something for you. Maybe even sort you a tour or similar, who knows.
As with the other offers, if you’re in a bind or the club knock you back, I’d be happy to order you some tickets if needed.

Hi PR, I’m a Blade in Brussels. If we are going on a longer break we normally take our own car and travel on the Zeebrugge - Hull ferry but times ain’t normal and that ferry has shut down. The Newcastle route is still open so that could be ok if you aren’t planning any breaks in southern England and want to take your own car. Otherwise we take the tunnel but the cheapest option is the ferry from Dunkerke.
If you are just going to Sheffield for a few days I would either go Eurostar to London and then up to Sheffield or fly from Zaventem to Manchester (cheaper from Charleroi on Ryanair) and then hire a car or get the train. I travel a lot and Manchester and Moscow are my most detested airports so I would probably go by train. The Eurostar service has been cut back to a couple of trains a day 🙁.
Hope this helps, have a great trip. See you there!

Hi PR, I’m a Blade in Brussels. If we are going on a longer break we normally take our own car and travel on the Zeebrugge - Hull ferry but times ain’t normal and that ferry has shut down. The Newcastle route is still open so that could be ok if you aren’t planning any breaks in southern England and want to take your own car. Otherwise we take the tunnel but the cheapest option is the ferry from Dunkerke.
If you are just going to Sheffield for a few days I would either go Eurostar to London and then up to Sheffield or fly from Zaventem to Manchester (cheaper from Charleroi on Ryanair) and then hire a car or get the train. I travel a lot and Manchester and Moscow are my most detested airports so I would probably go by train. The Eurostar service has been cut back to a couple of trains a day 🙁.
Hope this helps, have a great trip. See you there!

I was flying on average once every 2 weeks in and out of Manchester pre-pandemic and it really is a truly awful experience on every single level.

I can't begin to imagine the number of times we were probably at the airport at the same time!
very very likely. I don’t suffer from anxiety in any form bar the anxiety/fear of missing flights so I’m always in airports incredibly early.thankfully the lounge access makes the hanging around tolerable

Don't mind Manchester at all, apart from the inevitible queues at border control...

Liverpool and Leeds are the worst in the UK from experience. Gatwick is a shithole too.

All these airports are taking us for mugs. They are nothing but rip off merchants. As from next week, Heathrow are charging £5 per car just to drop passengers off at the terminal and then if you are longer than 5 minutes they charge an additional £1 per minute thereafter and they take great pride in stating that they are the last airport in the country to charge for drop offs. Daylight robbery.

All these airports are taking us for mugs. They are nothing but rip off merchants. As from next week, Heathrow are charging £5 per car just to drop passengers off at the terminal and then if you are longer than 5 minutes they charge an additional £1 per minute thereafter and they take great pride in stating that they are the last airport in the country to charge for drop offs. Daylight robbery.
Agreed.

Can't guage if he's good enough or not without game time. That's two players now gone to Beerschot without getting minutes.

Not going to help convince others in the future to go over there on loan.

Very disappointing.

Quite possible that he’s not hence the need to recall and send him to a level where he is good enough to get game time to aid his development.
Can we actually recall before January?

Considering Belgium is central to the EU, I'm surprised football gets such a free pass.

For one, Freedom of movement. How can he be tied to Belgium if he really wants to come back to UK and play

On a wider note, you wonder how long transfer fees will last. The Bosman ruling is one warning. In what other industries do you have to pay to take someone else's employees and in what other industry do you get to prevent someone moving to work in another country in an almost master/slave arrangement.

Don't get me wrong, fees form an important aspect especially for the non-elite clubs but if the concept was introduced tomorrow you'd have plenty questioning the legality of them.

Totally,

East Midlands has followed suit and is now £5 for 5 mins and a quid per min over too, fucking rip off. They also have CCTV monitoringn everywhere so you can't drop off craftily on way to the long stay car parks etc.

Back
Top Bottom