FAO Anyone who questions the shape and system we're playing: You're talking nonsense

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And what makes them more knowledgeable than him on matters of systems and tactics?

Why does paying his wages make their opinion more valid?

The entire country pays my wages, most them also talk bollocks.

So by that logic no-one could question how Nigel Atkins managed us?

You don't need to be a 5* Chef to say that a dog-turd meal is awful.

I'm not even saying those fans, myself included, are definitely correct but to sneer at them as talking 'nonsense' is poor form.

He could just say 'I respectfully disagree' and move on but couldn't resist a dig unprompted. Came across as very insecure.

He said people talk nonsense about shape and systems. That doesn't necessarily mean every person who questions the shape or system is talking nonsense. He was making the (obvious) point that system and shape is secondary to performance. It doesn't matter what system you play, or who your opponent is, if you don't play well.

I'm not even saying those fans, myself included, are definitely correct but to sneer at them as talking 'nonsense' is poor form.

He could just say 'I respectfully disagree' and move on but couldn't resist a dig unprompted. Came across as very insecure.

Nobody is above questioning.

But not all criticism is valid either. We don't know what he's seen or heard. Maybe it was nonsense.

With all respect, it's hardly threadworthy stuff is it? Managers at press conferences making pithy statements is quite a regular thing.

It’s laughable when people get arsey about this stuff - he’s been a managed for 15 plus years. He’s 100 knows more than the fans

However, the issue is the squad construction - which has been mainly useless to be fair. We have 3 fit midfielders, no creative midfielders, no wide forwards no wingers. We are stuck with this even if we wanted to switch it up.

Most people think the same with your posts tbh.

Perhaps I can come across as bit too sensitive and touchy, though I have a simple approach, give credit where it's due and constructively (never abusively) criticize when I feel it's appropriate in my opinion, which is what forums are all about:

Well done Wilder | S24SU Forum | Sheffield United Community

I don't think there have been many outlandish comments on here and beyond about our system, it's not like people are saying play 3-3-4!

It’s about time CW was asked some proper questions during interviews- he is given such an easy time. Why do we play at walking pace? Why do we not press teams like we did at the beginning of last season? Why do we concede simple headed goals in virtually every game and what are you doing to address it? Do you think you have addressed your pre-season assertion that the team needed more pace and power? What are you doing to address the lack of creativity in the team, particularly in midfield? Are you happy with the contribution of the players you brought in during what you described as the best transfer window ever? That sort of thing.

What percentage of his wages do you pay at the minute?

Doesn't matter if it's 1%, 50%, or 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% I still do, and so do you I assume.

Perhaps I can come across as bit too sensitive and touchy, though I have a simple approach, give credit where it's due and constructively (never abusively) criticize when I feel it's appropriate in my opinion, which is what forums are all about:

But you want him sacked because Leicester sacked Ranieri and it worked for them

It’s about time CW was asked some proper questions during interviews- he is given such an easy time. Why do we play at walking pace? Why do we not press teams like we did at the beginning of last season? Why do we concede simple headed goals in virtually every game and what are you doing to address it? Do you think you have addressed your pre-season assertion that the team needed more pace and power? What are you doing to address the lack of creativity in the team, particularly in midfield? Are you happy with the contribution of the players you brought in during what you described as the best transfer window ever? That sort of thing.

Agreed:

Why are sports interviewers so rubbish these days? | S24SU Forum | Sheffield United Community

But you want him sacked because Leicester sacked Ranieri and it worked for them

Nope that's not what I said.

I said that sacking Ranieri worked for Leicester, so we should not assume that sacking Wilder would be the end of SUFC. It was also a point of principle that sacking a club legend can work wonders.

Wilder is a club legend and unless he takes us to league 2 always will be x

I think he would tell the interviewer to fuck off

"I'm not even saying those fans, myself included, are definitely correct but to sneer at them as talking 'nonsense' is poor form.

He could just say 'I respectfully disagree' and move on but couldn't resist a dig unprompted. Came across as very insecure"

It's not how we do things in Sheffield - we tell it as it is! nowt wrong wi'it either.

Doesn't matter if it's 1%, 50%, or 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% I still do, and so do you I assume.
It’s probably 0.00001% for you and me at the minute compared to some bloke living in Malaysia who pays for a PL subscription on his TV. Does that give him even more right to question the manager, on your scale?

He’s correct to a large extent. The system is a small part of it.

The big problem is poor quality players.

Who he signed.
Not poor quality players but players of quality playing poorly.
That is their fault, not the system nor their original purchase.

Not sure if you're seeing something that's not there.

Yes he did say what you quoted but I personally took it that it doesn't matter what formation you play in if you play crap.

If you play well and the lad next to you does and up to 11 do then you've more chance of winning. In the most part this season that hasn't happened and from players who did play well last season.

Not poor quality players but players of quality playing poorly.
That is their fault, not the system nor their original purchase.

Its a bit of both.

Ramsdale, Lowe, Ampadu Bogle, Burke and Brewster are not PL class at present.

Back
Top Bottom