Fair play

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Evening lads and lasses,

Been many years since I was on here trying to explain the protests and SISU situation that night...

Briefly visiting on here to see your thoughts now I'm on way way back home. As always, I had a good day today in Sheffield. A proper city with some good people. I always enjoy BL as it's a throwback to being at Highfield Road and a ground in the city centre. Although I prefer when you throw us up in the top tier. Very crowded in the bottom today and the acoustics not quite as good.

Even game generally. You battered us in the last 20 after we made some baffling substitutions. Our starting 11 is certainly in the top 10 in the league but beyond that we have a squad of League 1 players. The moment Hamer and Gyökeres came off (likely rested for Tuesday) we sacrificed a lot of quality.

Was good to see Fleck and McGoldrick play again. While Fleck was marmite for us and certainly underachieved (hence the tongue in cheeky reject chant), he's had a great career since. McGoldrick was incredible for us on loan and it was surprising to see him miss the good opportunities.

Will be interesting to see what happens to both sides in the next few months. As mentioned above, we are a great team with a ridiculously weak squad. With additions and keeping O'Hare, Hamer and Gyökeres fit and playing well, who knows
. United were surely rise up the division and as we know, it doesn't take much to fly up there.

Final shout-out to Moore. Absolutely outstanding today as he has been all season. A real step up in class for us and a key part of our fantastic start. I can see why you guys appreciated him so much for his efforts.

Evening lads and lasses,

Been many years since I was on here trying to explain the protests and SISU situation that night...

Briefly visiting on here to see your thoughts now I'm on way way back home. As always, I had a good day today in Sheffield. A proper city with some good people. I always enjoy BL as it's a throwback to being at Highfield Road and a ground in the city centre. Although I prefer when you throw us up in the top tier. Very crowded in the bottom today and the acoustics not quite as good.

Even game generally. You battered us in the last 20 after we made some baffling substitutions. Our starting 11 is certainly in the top 10 in the league but beyond that we have a squad of League 1 players. The moment Hamer and Gyökeres came off (likely rested for Tuesday) we sacrificed a lot of quality.

Was good to see Fleck and McGoldrick play again. While Fleck was marmite for us and certainly underachieved (hence the tongue in cheeky reject chant), he's had a great career since. McGoldrick was incredible for us on loan and it was surprising to see him miss the good opportunities.

Will be interesting to see what happens to both sides in the next few months. As mentioned above, we are a great team with a ridiculously weak squad. With additions and keeping O'Hare, Hamer and Gyökeres fit and playing well, who knows
. United were surely rise up the division and as we know, it doesn't take much to fly up there.

Final shout-out to Moore. Absolutely outstanding today as he has been all season. A real step up in class for us and a key part of our fantastic start. I can see why you guys appreciated him so much for his efforts.
I’ll maybe be a lone voice on here.. but I’m glad to see Cov on the rise again (clearly would want that NOT to be at the expense of us). As fans you’ve had a shit hand dealt and yes, I was one of those fans at the tennis ball game. But SISU are the perfect example of what is wrong with modern football. But.. and please explain, how comes there seems to be less Sky Blues antipathy to your owners now?

We was on the kop and they backed their side 100%,if only we had something to shout about..☹

Hi PUSBCCFC Thanks for the post, just to answer a few of your points honestly.

We aren’t a top 10 team at all and I struggle (on that performance alone) to see how you were either.

Fleck - is marmite that has been left on the side for 2 years with the top left off. Never done this myself, but I assume it’ll go to shit, with just a few bits you can still scrape out and use.

McGoldrick - I said at half time, if he comes on at least we’ll see some missed chances and shit efforts. Which, I acknowledged, was better than having fuck all chances. He delivered. Although he did improve our general play !

Moore - don’t make us cry ! Replaced by Sweden’s No.1 ? Really, he’s Sweden’s No.1. Of course it was League 1 Wes for us today, who was much superior.
Moore had one shot to save and did, so fair play. But glad in general he’s doing well for you.

SISU ? Now friends with the fans ?

CC fans remind me of Blackpool fans all RAH RAH RAH when the team are doing shit but seem to have gone quiet with protests against the same owners now they are back in the Championship.

No bad feeling with Coventry whatsoever. Remember them always being able to stay in the top flight and the Jimmy Hill experience. Loved Highfield Road, proper ground, but we all move on eh? Good luck to you coz you really have been through shite and still stuck with your team! UTB

Week after week we have to.watch bang average teams come to the lane and have a cigar playing against our mental midgets
Coventry have as much chance of going up as anyone as the division is probably the weakest it's been in living memory

Good luck to you I hope you get in the play offs and sneak up ,be better than watching Fulham., Bournemouth and west brom making up the numbers again.

I’ll maybe be a lone voice on here.. but I’m glad to see Cov on the rise again (clearly would want that NOT to be at the expense of us). As fans you’ve had a shit hand dealt and yes, I was one of those fans at the tennis ball game. But SISU are the perfect example of what is wrong with modern football. But.. and please explain, how comes there seems to be less Sky Blues antipathy to your owners now?

The relationship with the owners is a strange one.

There's no forgiveness for their mismanagement and their part in the demise of the club. Under them we had dropped two divisions and played over 3 years away from Coventry in Northampton and Birmingham.

What has changed is the anger from Cov fans towards the City Council and London Wasps. They've played their own parts. The council selling the stadium to a rugby team from London was unforgivable and has/will cause huge problems. Generally, fans blame Wasps for the move to Birmingham. We were all but forced to move by Wasps. That's why the crowds in Birmingham were good compared to Northampton where their was a successful boycott. Since our move to Birmingham, Wasps crowds have dropped from 20-25k to 6/7k and the football club is now pushing crowds above 20k.

Funnily enough, following that period of protests, Mark Robins has been able to handle SISU and make do with the difficulties they placed the club under. He's developed a squad full of misfits, academy graduates and the odd bargain buy. The rise is all down to him and the management he brought in.

The protests died off not long after that night with the whistles. Fans ran out ideas and it almost felt like whatever we did wouldn't change their ownership. They wouldn't have left and are certainly not going to. We were then playing Forest Green and Morecambe each week. We had to live with it.

Hi PUSBCCFC Thanks for the post, just to answer a few of your points honestly.

We aren’t a top 10 team at all and I struggle (on that performance alone) to see how you were either.

Fleck - is marmite that has been left on the side for 2 years with the top left off. Never done this myself, but I assume it’ll go to shit, with just a few bits you can still scrape out and use.

McGoldrick - I said at half time, if he comes on at least we’ll see some missed chances and shit efforts. Which, I acknowledged, was better than having fuck all chances. He delivered. Although he did improve our general play !

Moore - don’t make us cry ! Replaced by Sweden’s No.1 ? Really, he’s Sweden’s No.1. Of course it was League 1 Wes for us today, who was much superior.
Moore had one shot to save and did, so fair play. But glad in general he’s doing well for you.

SISU ? Now friends with the fans ?

We were certainly not at our best today which would explain that. Away from home we've been pretty poor but at home we've been class.

I think the thing is, this division is so weak that should your players return to a level many of them are capable, it could turn quite quickly.

CC fans remind me of Blackpool fans all RAH RAH RAH when the team are doing shit but seem to have gone quiet with protests against the same owners now they are back in the Championship.

In fairness Blackpool got rid of their owners and Coventry City returned to Coventry. It helps being back in the Championship, but the protests didn't stop because we had a little success. They stopped because we spent 7/8 years protesting/boycotting and there was no sign of any movement from SISU.

In fairness Blackpool got rid of their owners and Coventry City returned to Coventry. It helps being back in the Championship, but the protests didn't stop because we had a little success. They stopped because we spent 7/8 years protesting/boycotting and there was no sign of any movement from SISU.
Blackpool fans didn't boycott the 2017 playoff final when the Oystens were still owners, they didn't go until the club went into receivership in 2019. Your protests stopped when you got promoted out of league two and the recovery started.

You say this like United fans are any different.

At home we’ve dominated almost every single match….check the stats and XG rating.
The problem is when teams sit back and defend in numbers we struggle to create any clear chances, with half chances always missed or saved.
Also because our defence usually have little to do….they always look shakey when attacked so we tend to concede (especially injury time goals).

Credit to Coventry City. The first half is the first time we’ve seen an opposition team take the game to us, reminded me of the PL last season.
To be fair in that 1st half Cov looked fitter, better drilled playing as a team with confident slick passing. It seemed like they had an extra player.
Their players closed us down as soon as we had the ball and we couldn’t get into our stride, we looked quite poor but it was CC pressing that made us struggle.
I was impressed and near me we all agreed that CC were the best side to come to BL this season.

However we all commented that CC had worked so hard that surely/ hopefully they would tire 2nd half.
And it proved to be the case as finally we got our game together after McGoldrick come on and we managed to dominate the last 30 minutes.

Overall a draw was a fair result.

Regards Simon Moore he was very popular here because he always came across as a genuinely nice humble guy,
When Dean Henderson was brought in on loan, Moore was dropped to the subs bench but there was no sulking.
He was really supportive of Henderson and the team even when he was just back up keeper.
Moore also became a close friend of Billy Sharps and seemed to grow some affection towards Sheff Utd.

Last edited:
Can't stand Cov and that O'Hare is a cheating little shit....your 38 should also have been off.

Hope the old SISU return. Horrible club.

We was on the kop and they backed their side 100%,if only we had something to shout about..☹
Must just be me who thought they was one of the quietest followings that's been so far. For an away sell out they was poor, a couple of songs then silence.

I don't recall us going to the lane with whistles and tennis balls

i think LJ point is all fans are fickle. You only need to look at Sheff Wed. Their owner was clearly overspending and doing weird stuff but because they were involved in 2 promotion runs their owner was hailed as fantastic. Then when they struggled all of a sudden their owner is incompetent.

It was only 2 years ago, our owner the Prince was being praised as being the best owner we’ve ever had, perfect in almost every way.
Now we’re heading downward, all of a sudden he’s not the right man and needs to sell up.

Agree with your point about the method of protesting though….the Coventry whistle and tennis ball protests has similarities to the “insulate Britain” protesters gluing themselves down in the middle of motorways creating long motorway traffic jams. These protesters and in deed the CC protesters would argue their case is so important they need to take extreme measures inconveniencing others but if you’re on your way to work and stuck in heavy traffic on the M25, then you quickly lose patience with their cause.

When you’re affected and pissed off some motorists will tell the insulate Britain protesters they had insulation but will now go home and rip it out
It‘s the same logic, pissed off Blades the other year taunted the CC fans by saying they support SISU, it’s all bluster, they didn’t really mean it.

Last edited:
i think LJ point is all fans are fickle.
It’s weird how when a club is seeing relative success then all of a sudden it’s “these owners aren’t so bad afterall”.
It was only 2 years ago, our owner the Prince was being praised as being the best owner we’ve ever had, perfect in almost every way.
Now we’re heading downward, all of a sudden he’s not the right man and needs to sell up.

Agree with your point about the method of protesting though….the Coventry whistle and tennis ball protests has similarities to the “insulate Britain” protesters gluing themselves down in the middle of motorways creating long motorway traffic jams. These protesters and in deed the CC protesters would argue their case is so important they need to take extreme measures inconveniencing others but if you’re on your way to work and stuck in heavy traffic on the M25, then you quickly lose patience with their cause.

When you’re effected and pissed off some motorists will tell the insulate Britain protesters they had insulation but will now go home and rip it out
It‘s the same logic, pissed off Blades the other year taunted the CC fans by saying they support SISU, it’s all bluster, they don’t really mean it.
I know I know but most football fans keep their protests away from the pitch and don't try to spoil a game that affects a club who have nothing to do with their grievance.

I know I know but most football fans keep their protests away from the pitch and don't try to spoil a game that affects a club who have nothing to do with their grievance.
All you’ll get back is a “we tried everything else” bullshit reply.

Couple of promotions later and SISU are fine again. Amazing how football fans minds work 😀

We’re not exempt from this, however even with mismanagement under Kev the only thing our fans got upset enough to protest about was an ex-pig manager and player becoming our manager. Pathetic really.

Just keep pulling the opposition back every time you lose the ball, just enough, a little tug to stop them getting away from you then let go..

Hopefully the shit referee won't spot it, and you can shit house your way to a point or two...

Thats Mark Robbins for you...

Back
Top Bottom