Player Suggestion Fabian Delph

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Classof85

Reaction score
Would anyone be upset if we took him on a deal to end of season? Would give us another option in middle of park if the money was right?

Would anyone be upset if we took him on a deal to end of season? Would give us another option in middle of park if the money was right?

Well the money won't be right, but if it was, any time you get the chance to sign a perennially injured 32 going on 33 year old you've got to take it

It's a no from me. Big wages and been injury prone for a while.

Upset? Not at all.
But I don’t think there’s a spot we need to fill with Doyle playing and Berge likely to be dropping deeper.
I also think he’ll be big money which I doubt we still have to spend and of course he’s a big injury risk.

Broadly speaking... Massive wages (previously), always injured.

It's a no from me.

Comes with decent pedigree but you could say the same about Jack Rodwell and look how that turned out.

We've still got Fleck to come back and Arblaster in the mix alongside the players we've already got.

I've not seen or heard anything about Utd being in for him - there are a number of links about him going to Rangers though which sounds far more plausible

Comes with decent pedigree but you could say the same about Jack Rodwell and look how that turned out.

We've still got Fleck to come back and Arblaster in the mix alongside the players we've already got.

Rodwell's credentials were well out of date by the time he signed for us though. Delph's Star has fallen too, but not that far.

I'm sure an aging defensive midfielder is just what we need to supplement our other aging defensive midfielders

He played there about as often as midfield. His ability to play there isn't in question, him never being fit to play there or anywhere else is the problem.
Exactly. 41 appearances in the previous 3 years doesn’t really give much cause for optimism. We probably do need short-term cover at LWB to see us through the current injury crisis and by all accounts his character/attitude is first class (I seem to remember him being included in England squads for that reason). I’m not sure he’s the answer though. Unless he’s happy playing fullback and is fit to make an immediate contribution, it would be a ‘thanks, but no thanks’ from me.

I think it’s a smart signing, especially with Fleck’s injury

Back
Top Bottom