Derby got some right hammerings.....just look at this!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Liverpool 0-6 A
Villa 0-6 H
Chelsea 1-6 A
Arsenal 2-6 H
W Ham 0-5 H
Arsenal 0-5 A
Spurs 0-4 A
Reading 0-4 H
Man U 1-4 A

...and 7 more losses by 2 or 3 goals. I know a loss is a loss but we are really not too far off getting some results......are we?

I feel that our players are trying harder than Derby’s players did that season. Fucking hell how depressing.

Hardly surprising when they had Jay McEveley at the back. Saying that we might as well re-sign him. Don’t think he’d be any worse than Jack Robinson.

If we don’t get more than 11 points this season, people will stop referring to sides as “doing a Derby”, they’ll refer to us instead and that could be for years to come.

I’m resigned to the fact that we are sticking with Wilder and going down, it’d be nice not to break this embarrassing record though.

Our luck as definitely run out. slightest mistakes punished. bounce of the ball favours the opponents. clearly, the players have lost confidence. so it,s looking like we are a one-season wonder.no good getting rid of Wilder. not got the cash for transfers it seems. only a couple of loans. unless a miracle happens we will be in the championship next season. don,t like it but there it is. will have to accept it. then hope Wilder can get us back up at the first time of asking.
I am a Blade through and through so I will be at Bramall Lane. when we are allowed no matter what.

Who was the first team they finally managed to win after not winning any of their early Championship games following the relegation?🤔😰

I can see us getting a result v Burnley.
And before you ask, no, I've not had any of SteveBlade's magic mushrooms.
With all due respect, you’ve said that most games and you also say it during games in the shoutbox as well, regardless of how shit we’ve been.

It’s not happened yet so I’m not holding my breath.

If we carry on like this, "doing a Sheffield United" will be something we carry for eternity.

We have to get to 12, we can't be a joke club til the end of time.

I'm no tactician, but I'd go for players with pace, drive and good holdup play Bogle, Burke, McGoldrick, Brewster, Mousset
Interesting. I like the idea of pace and drive but what about the rest of the team?

Although this looks a bit depressing!

the lack of drawn games did for us
28 losses 20 by the odd goal
10 draws would have seen us on 34 points in with a chance
8 draws and 2 odd goal wins wed have got 38 and safe

looks far worse than it should have

the lack of drawn games did for us
28 losses 20 by the odd goal
10 draws would have seen us on 34 points in with a chance
8 draws and 2 odd goal wins wed have got 38 and safe

looks far worse than it should have
The problem being that in order to draw games you either have to score against the opposition or not let them score against you. We were incapable of doing both so it wasn't even close.

The problem being that in order to draw games you either have to score against the opposition or not let them score against you. We were incapable of doing both so it wasn't even close.
there were games where we deserved more than we got
knew we were doomed after the west brom defeat
28 shots and lose 1-0

there were games where we deserved more than we got
knew we were doomed after the west brom defeat
28 shots and lose 1-0
I'd say we were about 6 points lower than we deserved to be, still a shitshow of a season and not the hard luck story you're painting.

Last edited:
I'd say we were about 6 points lower than we deserved to be, still a shitshow of a season and the hard luck story you're painting.
Not painting a hard luck story just saying our inability to amass points from draws cost us big time
to only draw 2 of 38 is rare to say the least

Not painting a hard luck story just saying our inability to amass points from draws cost us big time
to only draw 2 of 38 is rare to say the least
Yep, we lost a lot of games because we were crap, not in any way due to bad luck.

Back
Top Bottom