Dean Hammond

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm really excited to see, in the month i've been away since Coventry, how we've improved with Hammond pulling the strings

Still dont understand why we signed him. He may have the brain to be in the right positions but his body is still to slow to react when the ball is near him. When he has the ball he loses possession easily to the nimble footed players. My patience for him has run out

I thought all was rosy?

Couldn't catch a cold , gets caught on possession signing him makes me doubt Adkins as a manager . A serious error of judgment from Adkins .

I can forgive Adkins for signing him in the first place, but extending his loan is a ridiculous decision. He's shown nowhere near enough - especially for the wages we're supposedly paying him.

Every single time he's under any pressure on the ball, he'll lose it. His presence limits our attacking game considerably.

It's amazing how a player with his record can look so uncomfortable in League One.

What isn't amazing though is that that player is playing for Sheffield United.

Still dont understand why we signed him. He may have the brain to be in the right positions but his body is still to slow to react when the ball is near him. When he has the ball he loses possession easily to the nimble footed players. My patience for him has run out

Has improved since he first came but is nowhere near good enough. Lovechild of NA though, so expect his name to be one of the first on the team sheet. Did you see the round of applause he got from Adkins when subbed ?, thought he'd scored a hat trick:confused:

Has improved since he first came but is nowhere near good enough. Lovechild of NA though, so expect his name to be one of the first on the team sheet. Did you see the round of applause he got from Adkins when subbed ?, thought he'd scored a hat trick:confused:
Saw the round of applause but I didnt join in

For an experienced defensive midfielder he loses possession and gets out-muscled all day long. Still, when Adkins inexplicably decided that our frail defensive record warranted taking off both defensive midfielders, we looked worse for it.

And, to pay him a compliment, he's better than Woolford.

Considering the billing he received when we signed him, I think I've been more disappointed by him than any other signing in recent years.

For an experienced central midfielder, his lack of awareness relating to the positioning of both of teammates and opponents astounds me. This is why he gets tackled so often. A good footballer knows where he's going to play the ball before it's even been received. Hammond takes several touches, hoping somebody will come into his line of vision, and even then you're lucky if he finds them. That's if he hasn't dallied too long and been tackled already.

The timing of his tackles leaves a lot to be desired, too.

It doesn't matter how much of a model professional you are; if you are shit at football, you won't benefit the team. I've no idea if he used to be good, but Hammond is now shit at football.

Not adequately replacing Doyle has cost us far more than not signing another centre half, in my opinion.

i can't understand why we don't play Edgar in the CM holding role. that is his 'proper position'.. square pegs and all that.

Be safe in the knowledge that come the end of the season, we will sign him permanently (with our form/history of this/his age and ability....id say a 3 year deal at least on stupid money).

Out of contract at Leicester isn't he? So it's a cert we that we can add him to the list of aging 'has beens' looking for that final payday we've had to suffer in the past 5-7 seasons.

He's no better than Doyle, in fact Doyle protected the back four better than he does.

This shit from Adkins about 'unseen work' is patronising to fans who pay to see him play shite week in week out. Whatever NA thinks United fans are, a lot of them know their stuff so trying to imply a player does things that fans aren't football minded enough to see is nothing short of bollocks.

The fact that the board have seen what Hammond can do in his first loan spell and then let Adkins sign him up for the rest of the season, shows everything which is wrong with this board. None of them have got a clue about the game, which is why we are desperate for a director of football. We won't go up with this regime.

Be safe in the knowledge that come the end of the season, we will sign him permanently (with our form/history of this/his age and ability....id say a 3 year deal at least on stupid money).

Out of contract at Leicester isn't he? So it's a cert we that we can add him to the list of aging 'has beens' looking for that final payday we've had to suffer in the past 5-7 seasons.

He'll be the next three years' Cresswell.

He's no better than Doyle, in fact Doyle protected the back four better than he does.

This shit from Adkins about 'unseen work' is patronising to fans who pay to see him play shite week in week out. Whatever NA thinks United fans are, a lot of them know their stuff so trying to imply a player does things that fans aren't football minded enough to see is nothing short of bollocks.

I think it's becoming increasingly evident that Adkins himself isn't very football minded.

The fact that the board have seen what Hammond can do in his first loan spell and then let Adkins sign him up for the rest of the season, shows everything which is wrong with this board. None of them have got a clue about the game, which is why we are desperate for a director of football. We won't go up with this regime.

Spot on. They'll blindly back the manager because not one of them has a clue themselves.

I have never been a believer of the board overruling the manager when it comes to buying and selling players unless the wages are too unrealistic

I have never been a believer of the board overruling the manager when it comes to buying and selling players unless the wages are too unrealistic

The manager should put players forward who he wants to sign. If these players are signed and then are obviously not performing, the board has a duty of care to prevent them being given extended contracts. You don't buy a lame horse and keep racing him.

Right.

I'm going to start a new thread on this very subject. It's called Why !

Please feel free to contribute !!

UTB

The manager should put players forward who he wants to sign. If these players are signed and then are obviously not performing, the board has a duty of care to prevent them being given extended contracts. You don't buy a lame horse and keep racing him.
Well I agree with Len Shackleton when he wrote this chapter in his book

shack_3065111k.jpg

He's the kind of player we need but he's not the player we need.#

He makes multiple errors each game
He flirts with a red card most games

He was a qaulity player but for me he's lost pace and therefore keeps making mistakes.

If we weren't paying large wages it wouldn't be an issue to have him as a squad player. we are. get rid

Back
Top Bottom