Player Suggestion David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AgaMonkey

Groucho Marxist Anarchist
Reaction score
Why not try for a season long loan from Bournemouth ... with the option of buying at the end of the loan? Bournemouth owe us a few quid, allegedly, and we could offset that and waive the sell on clause. Might be worth a punt. What do you think?

Somewhat unusually, in his press conference today he unprompted in an answer to a Staton question on Burke dropped in that he’d have loved to re-sign Brooks this summer, but the price he’d have commanded way exceeds what we can work with.

Hes a massive risk for whoever signs him at anything over 20m. Has he ever played anythingnclose to a full season ? He seems to have glass.legs and I don't think you ever truly 'get rid' of glandular fever. A club with a massive budget could take a punt but anyone we spend 20m or.more on needs to be as risk free as possible !

I don't think you ever truly 'get rid' of glandular fever

You do. I've had it in my younger years. No lasting effect.

I can't see him moving at this stage, though. Maybe a loan if Bournemouth really need to ease the pressure off the wage bill, but if there are any misgivings about his ability to stay fit then Wilder will stay well clear.

Has Wilder said something about him again?

Seen a few Instagram pages linking us with his return

Has Wilder said something about him again?

Seen a few Instagram pages linking us with his return
Yeah it's in a Star article that I couldn't get to open.

But said something else about he'd love to bring him back to Blades one day.

Random.

Never namechecks anyone for years... Then Brewster, Balogun and Brooks in the same month... 👀

There's a clear win here. We give him a Premier League platform, that gets him a move for a higher price of which we get a higher percentage.
But I just can't see why we would be interested, aside from Wilder saying something nice about a kid he brought into professional football.

Downside, he doesn't fit into our current formation. I don't think he has the tools for the RCM role and he isn't good enough to rebuild the whole formation around.
Just a shame we can't loan 2 from Chelsea as Loftus Cheek would be perfect but surely we'd be more likely to go for one of the Norwich lads on loan.

He mentioned him at the same time he mentioned Grealish about how hard it is to find players who have the ability to change games.

I don't really see why Bournemouth would loan him. He's their best chance of coming back up. He'd be on silly money anyway and seemingly injured far too regularly.

I don’t think Brooks current contract is anything we couldn’t afford, the issue would be fee and realistically isn’t an option.
But if they don’t sell him, and he is demanding Premier league footy then a loan could be on the cards.
As others say, loan in the prem and he does well his value remains high or increases. Not such a crazy idea!!

He mentioned him at the same time he mentioned Grealish about how hard it is to find players who have the ability to change games.

I don't really see why Bournemouth would loan him. He's their best chance of coming back up. He'd be on silly money anyway and seemingly injured far too regularly.
He'd be on silly money anyway and seemingly injured far too regularly.

Unfortunately I don’t see him ever reaching his full potential. His potential ceiling was huge, but he’s already missed so much football for such a young player. I’m sure he’ll still have a decent career but I can’t see him being a top top player.

if someone was to sign him for 50 million, even 30+ would be a massive gamble imo.

we need to forget him and move on.

Assuming Bournemouth had relegation wage drop clauses... Brooks might actually be earning something like our top earners now.

So if he didn't get offers from anyone bigger than us... Potentially the fee would be the only obstacle.

Just saying.

I can't see it happening.

Unfortunately I don’t see him ever reaching his full potential. His potential ceiling was huge, but he’s already missed so much football for such a young player. I’m sure he’ll still have a decent career but I can’t see him being a top top player.

if someone was to sign him for 50 million, even 30+ would be a massive gamble imo.

I agree with most of this. But they may be the reasons he could potentially return to us one day (if we wanted him).

Agree...think Brooks will often produce little.....but every now and then...he’ll produce some magic to change a game....this rare quality keeps his valuation high.
However he’s what I’d call a luxury player....I think he’s probably wrong for us because he represents poor value and he’s poor without the ball.
but he’d be a great sub option for a Man Utd or Arsenal.....they can afford luxuries...and have more possession..so he’d be more suited there.
Hope I’m wrong and he remains injury free and finds some consistency.

Agree...think Brooks will often produce little.....but every now and then...he’ll produce some magic to change a game....this rare quality keeps his valuation high.
However he’s what I’d call a luxury player....I think he’s probably wrong for us because he represents poor value and he’s poor without the ball.
but he’d be a great sub option for a Man Utd or Arsenal.....they can afford luxuries...and have more possession..so he’d be more suited there.
Hope I’m wrong and he remains injury free and finds some consistency.
Agree with this 100%. The same kind of luxury player that I see Harry Wilson as. Occasionally chip in with something breathtakingly good, but not consistent enough to take up a full-time berth in a team like ours

Brooks was on £50k a week last year ,if that has dropped to £25k a week due to relegation and now Eddie has gone,Brooks might not be Jason Tindells star player anymore .
Notice he has many different starting formations already this year 3-5-1-1,3-5-2,3-4-3,5-4-1 and Brooks hasn’t played in all the games.
You never know a cheeky loan move?🤔

Wilder name-dropped him (amongst others) in an interview a few week ago as a player hed love to have. So he'd be interested fo sho, not sure Bournemouth would be though.

Back
Top Bottom