Dave-Bassett

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Grandad and his Brother have prostate cancer, they’re both in their 80’s, and they’ve lived with it for a good while so far. From what I gather it’s quite possible to live it with whilst keeping it ‘under control’.

Hopefully Bassett will be with us for a good while longer.

My Grandad and his Brother have prostate cancer, they’re both in their 80’s, and they’ve lived with it for a good while so far. From what I gather it’s quite possible to live it with whilst keeping it ‘under control’.

My Grandad was diagnosed at 70, he died aged 92 with prostate issues not really contributing.

It is said the most men die with Prostate cancer not because of it. Whilst not belittling this terrible disease and sadly, the people it kills too young, let’s wish him well and hope that he falls into the former category. Absolute Blades legend

Only person I know who died of prostate cancer was Frank Zappa and that's only because he didn't get it checked until he literally was unable to piss.

Absolute legend, just didn't look after himself.

Make sure you have a PSA test regularly if prostate cancer has occurred in your family. My father, my grandfather and me had aggressive prostate cancer in our early 60s. My grandfather died a year after diagnosis, my father had treatment then it came back in his 70s and he lasted 3 weeks.
But, thanks to the NHS, I am cured after surgery and radio therapy.
With the result that I saw the Blades promoted to the top Division for the 4th time, and now hoping for a 5th!

I think there are two types of prostrate cancer ,one is slow acting the other is fast acting. My Dad lived for 25 years with it .Having to get out of bed several times a night for a piss and a slow flow are typical signs and you should get checked out .IF YOU CAN GET TO SEE A DOCTOR. Also is there is family history with the problem you should get checked regular .

Great picture.

I wonder why Gage couldn't go...

Bassett - best ever manager we'll ever have in my view. Some of those signings were just genius! Bob Booker, Alan Roberts, Deano, Agana, Bryson, Gannon, Bradshaw, Gage, Gayle, Beesley, they all gave amazing service and largely for relative peanuts. Taylor was the brains behind much of the tactics under Harry I believe. The set pieces in particular. They'll never be another Dave Bassett in my view. Saying that, love Hecky, what a job he's doing! What was/is great about Harry is there's no ego, no bull, just says it as it is and players loved him for it.

I was diagnosed with it in 2021 and I am in the monitoring phase as it is contained within the prostate.

Blood test every 3 months followed by a hospital appointment. Next MRI due in April

I was diagnosed with it in 2021 and I am in the monitoring phase as it is contained within the prostate.

Blood test every 3 months followed by a hospital appointment. Next MRI due in April
Best of luck mate , did you have any symptoms , if so what where they if you don't mind !

Enlarged prostate wavy for a good few years so took it upon myself to have a PSA test every year as symptoms for enlarged prostate and cancer can be similar. Reading been ok for years and then bump, a dodgy PSA reading, so then an MRI and a biopsy later and it’s diagnosed cancer

Enlarged prostate wavy for a good few years so took it upon myself to have a PSA test every year as symptoms for enlarged prostate and cancer can be similar. Reading been ok for years and then bump, a dodgy PSA reading, so then an MRI and a biopsy later and it’s diagnosed cancer
Yes I think I will get checked out too , mates had it got treatment and he's fine now ! Myself I never go to the doctors , but need to get a check up !

Back
Top Bottom