Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He came over to Sheffield from Canada on a trial, like it so much he didn't want to go back.

If a club signs him in Jan then they would have to loan him to Burton or ourselves for rest of season or just play him in juniors.

He came over to Sheffield from Canada on a trial, like it so much he didn't want to go back.
Interestingly his brothers play non league here so maybe there was a link there already or they had British passports?

Where did we pick this lad up from does anyone know?
He was born around Derby then moved to Canada with his family and grew up there. He then came back and did some trial games for one of those private academy sides and we picked him up.

Everton target Daniel Jebbison open to January Burton Albion exit​

Everton target Daniel Jebbison is open to leaving his loan club Burton Albion in the January transfer window, according to TEAMtalk

The best thing he could do for his development is stay at Burton for the season and get as many games under his belt as possible. His representatives should be advising his as such although they tend to be more driven by short - medium term financial benefits.

If he returns to Utd he won't get many starts (unless 3-4 strikers leave in Jan) and will only play U23s if he moves elsewhere.

However, his future is most likely to be decided on how much Utd want/need to sell (possibly based on the amount of interest (or lack of) in other players).

With Jebbison we are led to believe we swiftly rejected a £5m ish bid from Everton in the Summer. We've also had PA stating the fees historically for Ramsdale, Adams, DCL as criminal (or words to that effect)

Since then he's done exceptionally well for an 18 year olds first season at a very decent level.

Best course of action for all parties has to be regular football under Hasselbaink at Burton until the end of the season, this is how Jebbison will improve. Coming back and playing a squad role will do him, or us, no favours.

By staying either he comes back a better player in the Summer and gets a chance of starting for the Blades.

Or for the cynic in me, every goal he scores for Burton, every good performance only adds to his transfer value for when he inevitably gets sold in the summer.

I feel like Jebbison might be in our long-term plans we have devised i.e. he will be 1st team next season. It makes complete sense if the board are really planning on executing what they say they were in the press conference.

Jebbo and Brewster as our long-term striker pairing
Sell Burke, Mousse and OMB
slowly fade out Sharp and Didzy
Hackford takes over Jebbo as our next academy prospect
Buy 2x young Lower league striker backup players to develop

Newcastle lining up £20m Tyrese Campbell transfer in January as Eddie Howe looks to steal Stoke striker as first signing​

Hopefully United look at this when putting a value on Jebbison

I feel like Jebbison might be in our long-term plans we have devised i.e. he will be 1st team next season. It makes complete sense if the board are really planning on executing what they say they were in the press conference.

Jebbo and Brewster as our long-term striker pairing
Sell Burke, Mousse and OMB
slowly fade out Sharp and Didzy
Hackford takes over Jebbo as our next academy prospect
Buy 2x young Lower league striker backup players to develop
If the plan as stated by the board is to work this will have to be the way united operate.

Newcastle lining up £20m Tyrese Campbell transfer in January as Eddie Howe looks to steal Stoke striker as first signing​

Hopefully United look at this when putting a value on Jebbison
It’s the going rate now for a championship striker.

Can't believe people are saying he's better than Brewster 🤣

By the time Brewster was 19 he was getting capped at England U21 level. Prior to this he'd represented England at U16, 17 & 18 level. At U17 level he scored 20 goals in 23 apps. He captained England U21s last month.

Jebbison by comparison, will be 19 in July and has so far played 1x game at England U18 level and 2x games at U19 level.

Can't believe people are saying he's better than Brewster 🤣

By the time Brewster was 19 he was getting capped at England U21 level. Prior to this he'd represented England at U16, 17 & 18 level. At U17 level he scored 20 goals in 23 apps. He captained England U21s last month.

Jebbison by comparison, will be 19 in July and has so far played 1x game at England U18 level and 2x games at U19 level.

And in senior football, Brewster had bagged 11 in 22 Championship games.

Jebbison has scored a handful of goals in 20 at League 1 level...

I can see why clubs might be interested in Jebbison given his physical attributes but it would be a punt on a development project. Nobody's spending anything like north of £10m on it. Not unless he goes on an outrageous run from now to the end of the season.

And in senior football, Brewster had bagged 11 in 22 Championship games.

Jebbison has scored a handful of goals in 20 at League 1 level...

I can see why clubs might be interested in Jebbison given his physical attributes but it would be a punt on a development project. Nobody's spending anything like north of £10m on it. Not unless he goes on an outrageous run from now to the end of the season.
True and that’s why I don’t see the sense in selling him in the next two windows his market value won’t be anywhere near what it could be with a year or two in the championship. Unless united are absolutely strapped and his sale keeps the lights on it doesn’t make sense to united to sell at this point.

True and that’s why I don’t see the sense in selling him in the next two windows his market value won’t be anywhere near what it could be with a year or two in the championship. Unless united are absolutely strapped and his sale keeps the lights on it doesn’t make sense to united to sell at this point.
Fully agree. Keep him and develop him. His potential is the top, currently though he's either a Jordan Slew or a DCL. Nobody knows

Fully agree. Keep him and develop him. His potential is the top, currently though he's either a Jordan Slew or a DCL. Nobody knows
I’d say he’s showing more than Slew did at this point. He’s converted a promising youth career into being a serviceable league one striker. If that’s his floor then he’s already streets ahead of Slew.

WEST HAM NOW INTERESTED IN JEBBISON, ALSO A TARGET FOR LIVERPOOL AND KLOPP​

According to TEAMtalk, West Ham are interested in signing Sheffield United wonderkid Daniel Jebbison, who Liverpool are also admirers of.
Well, TEAMtalk believe West Ham and Liverpool are keeping tabs on the 18-year-old, who is currently on loan at Burton Albion

He got booked on 42 and then hooked at half time last night. They'll all leave him alone now.

WEST HAM NOW INTERESTED IN JEBBISON, ALSO A TARGET FOR LIVERPOOL AND KLOPP​

According to TEAMtalk, West Ham are interested in signing Sheffield United wonderkid Daniel Jebbison, who Liverpool are also admirers of.
Well, TEAMtalk believe West Ham and Liverpool are keeping tabs on the 18-year-old, who is currently on loan at Burton Albion
If Liverpool want him it's 40 million plus a £10 buy back clause

That Osula looks like a player. Wonder if we have a loan fixed up?

Maybe Daniel&Osula is the next Deane&Agana?
They’re both big athletic versatile lads who could work together as a two for sure or with one as the line leader with a more diminutive striker.

Article on him in the Athletic today an excerpt below:

It is why those among the Bramall Lane support who are clamouring for Jebbison’s return in January might need to think again. His long-term development will surely be best served by spending another six months playing under one of the Premier League’s all-time great marksmen. Hasselbaink, the former Chelsea and Leeds United striker, certainly believes so.

“I hope he learns from it,” the 49-year-old told The Athletic. “He has to learn quick because we need to win matches. Hopefully this can go into his development and help him.

“Jebbo feels low right now. That is understandable after he was substituted but, again, hopefully that will teach him and get the experience into him all young players need. Hopefully, he will get better from this.”

Article on him in the Athletic today an excerpt below:

It is why those among the Bramall Lane support who are clamouring for Jebbison’s return in January might need to think again. His long-term development will surely be best served by spending another six months playing under one of the Premier League’s all-time great marksmen. Hasselbaink, the former Chelsea and Leeds United striker, certainly believes so.

“I hope he learns from it,” the 49-year-old told The Athletic. “He has to learn quick because we need to win matches. Hopefully this can go into his development and help him.

“Jebbo feels low right now. That is understandable after he was substituted but, again, hopefully that will teach him and get the experience into him all young players need. Hopefully, he will get better from this.”

I couldn’t agree more with what’s written here. He is a great talent but right now, he won’t be the difference between finishing 10th and finishing in the top 6. His personal development for the next season is more valuable to us.

Back
Top Bottom