Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But what point are you making? That we did well to get 1m for him as he never really 'made it' or he destroyed his career by moving and would have been better staying to play games?

Because here is the conundrum if he'd stayed he still almost certainly wouldn't have 'made it' and he also wouldn't have got the money from the big contract Blackburn would have given him.

Very difficult choice, try and progress your career at a lower level by getting games or bank the money that sets you up for life but risk stalling your career by sitting on a bench.
I'd personally say the latter. I think if he had stayed and played in that Wilson side the following season, which very nearly went up, he could have had a good season. Who knows how he might have built on that from there (like Maguire who also came into the first team at the same time).

I think the Blackburn move killed that momentum and confidence he was showing.

As you say, it's a difficult choice as there's such fine margins and a bit of luck often involved in these things.

Wonder how much he is worth now, just thinking if Liverpool come in for him, he must be worth more than Brewster as he has more Premier League goals already. Special offer to the scousers, Jebbo for £30 m with a £40 m buy back maybe?
It is really quite simple. They have to buy Brewster back at the price we paid (plus a bit of a premium now he's played regularly in the Premier and then we can think about a sale and buy-back contract for Jebbison.

I think he should stay and work on his game, Slew thought the grass was greener, where is he now? we've had a few young uns move thinking they've made it and in end don't.

I'd personally say the latter. I think if he had stayed and played in that Wilson side the following season, which very nearly went up, he could have had a good season. Who knows how he might have built on that from there (like Maguire who also came into the first team at the same time).

I think the Blackburn move killed that momentum and confidence he was showing.

As you say, it's a difficult choice as there's such fine margins and a bit of luck often involved in these things.
Agreed but those fine margins are usually swayed by money and if a big club offers him tens of thousands a week there's no way we can match it amd his agent will advise him to go.

And here's another conundrum the only way to ensure these kids don't get poached is putting them on longer contracts on more money. Not only is this expensive as loads of them won't make it but if someone had asked earlier in the season who out of Hackford, Ndiaye and Jebbison would score in the premier league and be linked with loads of big clubs Jebbison may have been third on the list.

I know the Slew example gets rolled out a lot, but it is very fitting here.

Slew also came into the side at a very similar point of the season, scored a few and looked good in what was already a relegated team (almost). Jordan was slightly older at 18.

He obviously then left and the rest is history.

That said, if someone like Bayern Munich or Dortmund are interested, it'd be hard to turn t down. Especially with the latter's record at elevating players.

Unless the offers big then why

If anyone asks about him just ask for something ridiculous.

He's got a Premier League goal in only 120 mins.

Brewster cost up to 23m has no PL goal in about 20 appearances.

Yeah no problem Jürgen, to you, 50m mate!

But what point are you making? That we did well to get 1m for him as he never really 'made it' or he destroyed his career by moving and would have been better staying to play games?

Because here is the conundrum if he'd stayed he still almost certainly wouldn't have 'made it' and he also wouldn't have got the money from the big contract Blackburn would have given him.

Very difficult choice, try and progress your career at a lower level by getting games or bank the money that sets you up for life but risk stalling your career by sitting on a bench.

Based on appearances for United you would have thought Slew had more chance of 'making it' than DCL
Did DCL go to the right club at the right time and did Slew do the opposite
You never know
Jebbinson has had great start to his career but he doesnt need over hyping as youngsters can crumble under the weight of expectation.

Barcelona, Dortmund circling teenage Sheff Utd striker after scouting mission​

Sheffield United starlet Daniel Jebbison is continuing to be checked on by some of Europe’s biggest clubs, including two powerhouses, TEAMtalk understands

TEAMtalk confirm that Barcelona – who have kept tabs on him consistently over the last 18-months – took a chance to watch him in their recent clash with Fleetwood Town.

Barca were credited with checking on Town defender James Hill – which they were. However, they were also very much in attendance for Jebbison.

Borussia Dortmund are also maintaining a watching brief on Jebbison, who is regarded as one of England’s brightest young striking talents
TEAMtalk

Sheffield United starlet Daniel Jebbison is continuing to be checked on by some of Europe’s biggest clubs, including two powerhouses, TEAMtalk understands

TEAMtalk confirm that Barcelona – who have kept tabs on him consistently over the last 18-months – took a chance to watch him in their recent clash with Fleetwood Town.

Barca were credited with checking on Town defender James Hill – which they were. However, they were also very much in attendance for Jebbison.

Borussia Dortmund are also maintaining a watching brief on Jebbison, who is regarded as one of England’s brightest young striking talents
TEAMtalk

that James Hill is the son of Matt Hill

Keep him and use him. I get the argument about regular game time (and I agree to an extent) but I genuinely believe he will get it here. And just as a added prediction (this will sound crazy) I could see him going to Dortmund like Bellingham did if he carries on with his progress.
Put this on another Jebbison thread, can really see this happening now to raise funds. Let’s be honest we only have a handful of valuable assets right now and I think at least one needs to be sold to get the players Slav wants/needs.

If Dortmund or Bayern come in with a decent offer the club would be daft not to take it.

TEAMtalk
I know Barca are a bit screwed at the minute, but as if they sent scouts to watch 2 players in League 1 🤣

£8m and a big fat sell on clause or they can swizzle. It's the going rate
I don’t think that is the going rate Wickham went for more almost a decade ago. The second Jebbison starts a game in the championship his value increases dramatically we’d still be selling cheap if we sold him in January.

These rumours aren’t going to go away the clubs who were monitoring him in the summer will still be monitoring him now. Crucially he’s on a long contract and united need to hold their nerve for a while longer.

I don’t think that is the going rate Wickham went for more almost a decade ago. The second Jebbison starts a game in the championship his value increases dramatically we’d still be selling cheap if we sold him in January.

These rumours aren’t going to go away the clubs who were monitoring him in the summer will still be monitoring him now. Crucially he’s on a long contract and united need to hold their nerve for a while longer.
fair play, i was going off jadon sancho to dortmund, but yeah he forced it and had contract gripes, didnt consider we’ve got jebbo for a decent few yrs yet… I agree utd should hold out n get as much as possible

fair play, i was going off jadon sancho to dortmund, but yeah he forced it and had contract gripes, didnt consider we’ve got jebbo for a decent few yrs yet… I agree utd should hold out n get as much as possible
Yeah the length of contract is key tying down as many of the youngsters to long term deals as possible has been the best business we’ve done for a while. The going rate for a decent championship player in their early 20’s is between 15-20 million with some exceptions getting higher and some with release clauses fetching lower. The aim for united for any prospect they consider to be a good one should be to hold onto that player until they’re 21-23 and then to sell for that sort of money. It’s the only way we’ll rebuild.

As much as he's a prospect I find it hard to believe Dortmund and Barca are really keeping tabs on a striker who's on loan in the 3rd tier.

If they are though and they do bid then if the fee is good and it helps us bring in new talent then sometimes it's a price you have to pay for being outside of the PL.

In recent times selling DCL helped us bring in some key players in the L1 promotion push.
Selling Ramsdale in 2017 helped us sign the likes of Baldock, Stearman and the like.
Selling Brooks helped us bring in Egan and keep the core team at the time.

Selling Ramsdale again should have resulted in more/better strengthening this summer but it hasn't really.
MGW is the pick of the loan players so far. Hourihane can't even get in the team!?

As much as he's a prospect I find it hard to believe Dortmund and Barca are really keeping tabs on a striker who's on loan in the 3rd tier.

If they are though and they do bid then if the fee is good and it helps us bring in new talent then sometimes it's a price you have to pay for being outside of the PL.

In recent times selling DCL helped us bring in some key players in the L1 promotion push.
Selling Ramsdale in 2017 helped us sign the likes of Baldock, Stearman and the like.
Selling Brooks helped us bring in Egan and keep the core team at the time.

Selling Ramsdale again should have resulted in more/better strengthening this summer but it hasn't really.
MGW is the pick of the loan players so far. Hourihane can't even get in the team!?
For context Dortmund scout the UK extensively way down the pyramid for example they picked up a young centreback from MK Dons a couple of years ago. On the surface it is improbable but Dortmund are the most probable of the big clubs to have picked up on him.

Agree. Other than his physique I haven't seen much to suggest he's a future star at that sort of level. Would have expected a bit more from him at Burton to be getting spoken in these sorts of regards.
TBF I remember many people (me included) thinking the same when DCL went to Everton

Back
Top Bottom