Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Youth plus shrewd investment on Champ, L1 and L2 players.
Would have been great to see a lot more youth in the first team this season. CW didn’t do that.
As for the investment - that’s what CW did, isn’t it?
That certainly wasn’t shrewd and it certainly didn’t work out well.

Would have been great to see a lot more youth in the first team this season. CW didn’t do that.

Gave 10 promising minutes to Hackford and was never seen again.

Wonder how much he is worth now, just thinking if Liverpool come in for him, he must be worth more than Brewster as he has more Premier League goals already. Special offer to the scousers, Jebbo for £30 m with a £40 m buy back maybe?

Wonder how much he is worth now, just thinking if Liverpool come in for him, he must be worth more than Brewster as he has more Premier League goals already. Special offer to the scousers, Jebbo for £30 m with a £40 m buy back maybe?
35m with a 23m buy back.

They say turnabout is fair play!

The club stance should simply be the U23/U18 stars are not for sale and off limits.

We don't have to sell.

They have more chance of getting game time with us.

I'd they do get game time with us then their value will increase. We do seem to have a good batch coming through right now. False economy to sell them off early. We could not only appreciate their values but also wave on fees.

We have a nice bit of succession planning on the forward department with N'Diaye, Ayari, Brewster, Jebbison and Hackford. We could save. Slot of future investment by keeping them together for a while.

Calvert-Lewin MKII. Hopefully we at least get taken out to dinner this time.
Based on his 2 apps for us, he's better than Calvert-Lewin was at that age. DCL was 19 when he was sold and had never played higher than League 1.

I hope we don't sell him to the first bidder. Would love to see him tear up the Championship next season. Although Dortmund have previous for stealing young English talent - Sancho, Bellingham...

Based on his 2 apps for us, he's better than Calvert-Lewin was at that age. DCL was 19 when he was sold and had never played higher than League 1.

I hope we don't sell him to the first bidder. Would love to see him tear up the Championship next season. Although Dortmund have previous for stealing young English talent - Sancho, Bellingham...

Not sure I'd class Bellingham as a steal - Dortmund paid £25m plus add-ons for him.

The issue was by the time we got to the PL too many other clubs with deeper pockets decided we had a good model.
The likes of Villa and West Ham and even Palace doubled the expected prices which pushed us out the market.

Up to what age can clubs with Cat A academy steal other teams youths and just pay compensation Ball_Sup (Phil) ?
Until they sign a pro deal. After that cat status doesn’t matter and any player under 23 who’s contract expires will command comp from which ever club signs them on a free so long as the club they left offered them a deal. Worth noting is they pick anyone up who isn’t on a pro deal normally under 16 then they don’t have to pay any compo.

Heckingbottom in his interview post match did say that Jebbison an d other players were under contract so if,an y go we will get top dollar .
With the level of experience they have I cant see any going realistically

Bloody Jebbinson, he wor' on't pitch wi that Calvin-Lewis lad last neet

Can German clubs still sign young English players for peanuts? Has brexit not affected it?

Can German clubs still sign young English players for peanuts? Has brexit not affected it?
No because individual states within the EU set their own immigration rules. Who knew?
I would doubt they’re genuinely interested at this point though. I’m sure they’d be waiting for another season or so before making a move. It would work for both for him to stay here.
Other English teams however could offer him a deal to sit in their youth sides on bigger money than we could offer but I dunno, I just think he’ll stay with us for a bit. That said I’d like some further info on his contract status if he’s now really in the first team squad going forward.

Or £40m sale with a £30m buy back. Just bcos its the scousers.

Jebbo is best staying with us for a while
I know the Slew example gets rolled out a lot, but it is very fitting here.

Slew also came into the side at a very similar point of the season, scored a few and looked good in what was already a relegated team (almost). Jordan was slightly older at 18.

He obviously then left and the rest is history.

That said, if someone like Bayern Munich or Dortmund are interested, it'd be hard to turn t down. Especially with the latter's record at elevating players.

I think we need to calm down a bit. He's 17 and played about 100 mins of professional football. Yes he did well, but the talking up of him is a little over the top. I understand everyone is excited by seeing a forward player in a blades shirt, that has youth on his side, is mobile and looks like he wants it. This country and this club has long history of not looking after promising talent and selling asap, lets not make the same mistake again.

I think we need to calm down a bit. He's 17 and played about 100 mins of professional football. Yes he did well, but the talking up of him is a little over the top. I understand everyone is excited by seeing a forward player in a blades shirt, that has youth on his side, is mobile and looks like he wants it. This country and this club has long history of not looking after promising talent and selling asap, lets not make the same mistake again.

What am I supposed to do with this lot now?

Screenshot_20210517_122544.jpg

Screenshot_20210517_122646.jpg
Screenshot_20210517_122742.jpg

I know the Slew example gets rolled out a lot, but it is very fitting here.

Slew also came into the side at a very similar point of the season, scored a few and looked good in what was already a relegated team (almost). Jordan was slightly older at 18.

He obviously then left and the rest is history.

That said, if someone like Bayern Munich or Dortmund are interested, it'd be hard to turn t down. Especially with the latter's record at elevating players.
But what point are you making? That we did well to get 1m for him as he never really 'made it' or he destroyed his career by moving and would have been better staying to play games?

Because here is the conundrum if he'd stayed he still almost certainly wouldn't have 'made it' and he also wouldn't have got the money from the big contract Blackburn would have given him.

Very difficult choice, try and progress your career at a lower level by getting games or bank the money that sets you up for life but risk stalling your career by sitting on a bench.

I think with kids, where they end up is down to them. They’ve dedicated themselves to being a professional footballer and haven’t yet had the benefits. Trying to force them to stay at a club rarely benefits anyone. (I have a slightly different view on senior players who’ve made their money, they can sometimes be persuaded to stay, like Norwich have done, if you don’t get a reasonable offer for them).

With young players, I think it has to be their decision. So, you offer them as good a contract as you can afford and point out to them that they may well benefit from staying at a club where they’re known, where they’re comfortable and where they can progress by getting first team experience. That can outweigh the benefits of being at a “big club” where you’re just one of several talented players.
If he’s determined to leave, we should be looking to just maximise his transfer fee but I think there’s a fair chance we can convince him to stay with us. He can join another club as a “prospect” or have a season or two with us and, if it works out, he’ll be joining a big club and going straight into the first team squad, like Brooks did.

When they say he is tied down does anyone out there really know how long for

1 year left??
2/3 years ??

For the obvious replies about being physically tied down does he have a monthly membership at Le Chambre

Big vote for Robinson who put it on a plate for him.!

Well done Jebbo. He qualifies for England as his Mum once bought a jumper in M and S Birmingham.

I remember McCabe making a similar point about Kyle Walker when he was sold; at that point we had a PL club offering about £3/4m for a player that had played about 4 games for the club.

Back
Top Bottom