Credit to Boro

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
They were the better team all over the park and won all the battles.

Lets face it, we all knew this had been coming and weve been saying it for weeks and weeks how poor we've been... masked over by individual bits of quality (barring perhaps Swansea)

Ok we lost, but it was actualy embarrassing how much better they were than us tbh.

Few weeks back some fools were saying that we been playing poor because we dont play well against teams who stick 11 men behind the ball and just wait until we play some better teams who go for it...

Well look what happened, we got desimated and absolutely destroyed.

No complaints if Boro do end up grabbing 2nd, based on that they deserve it.

Embarrassing from the Blades tho

Best team to play at the Lane this season!
They deserved that, and I will be amazed if they don't catch us, especially if we perform like that!
Very poor, didn't want the win, slow, closing down was poor, Norwood was shite tonight, and that affected everyonelse. Hopefully just a blip, but boro look strong.

Best team to play at the Lane this season!
They deserved that, and I will be amazed if they don't catch us, especially if we perform like that!
Very poor, didn't want the win, slow, closing down was poor, Norwood was shite tonight, and that affected everyonelse. Hopefully just a blip, but boro look strong.

Would have been interesting to see the odds for Boro getting automatic promotion before kickoff vs current odds.

Surely must have been slashed dramatically, especially with how easily they absolutely dominated the team theyre challenging for that spot.

They weren't great by any measure, we were just much fucking worse.
They had loads of holes in their game, which were there to be exploited had we not decided to play like a set of fucking gormless cunts who looked like they'd only just met each other 10 minutes before kick-off.

Fuck Boro, and fuck United even more.

Yep it wasn’t our night probably for two reasons?

The first being that they were better than us by far tonight and you can see why they’ve been on a long run and second we didn’t turn up, or let’s say key players didn’t turn up and basically were piss poor tonight.

Best team we've played this season but they will have raised their game for us. Lets see how they cope against cloggers who put 10 behind the ball. We started half their moves with our terrible passing and ball retention. If they played like that every game, they'd be top.

Lets face it, we all knew this had been coming and weve been saying it for weeks and weeks how poor we've been... masked over by individual bits of quality (barring perhaps Swansea)

Ok we lost, but it was actualy embarrassing how much better they were than us tbh.

Few weeks back some fools were saying that we been playing poor because we dont play well against teams who stick 11 men behind the ball and just wait until we play some better teams who go for it...

100% correct

Currently the best team in the division by a country mile, with a Premier League quality front two,

Its not the loss that worries me, it happens, but what does worry me is that I don’t see Boro dropping many points from here if they play like that.

Mid 80s points is not going to be enough for top 2 90+ is probably going to be required.

Said it in the match day post they’d win 3-1, that’s now given them something real to chase down, our results have been good since the WC but our play hasn’t, and we haven't played anyone of quality this second half of the season, first decent team we play and we crumble, now we have to play 8 out of the top 10, if I was Boro I’d be licking my lips….and oozing confidence, they were streets ahead of us.

Best team we've played this season but they will have raised their game for us. Let’s see how they cope against cloggers who put 10 behind the ball. We started half their moves with our terrible passing and ball retention. If they played like that every game, they'd be top.
But they have mostly snide November

What a spineless attitude

They weren't great by any measure, we were just much fucking worse.
They had loads of holes in their game, which were there to be exploited had we not decided to play like a set of fucking gormless cunts who looked like they'd only just met each other 10 minutes before kick-off.

Fuck Boro, and fuck United even more.
100% agree mate. I've posted similar - we were second best, but......I just thought that they used their strengths of pace and trickery against our slow backline far more than us. We did what we always do - pause, pause, pause some more, then pass the ball across the back line and let them regroup. Ndiaye and McAtee (and Berge with the ball at his feet, when he feels like it........) are just as quick as Akpom and Archer and their backline is just as slow, undynamic and sluggish as ours.

Carrick and Woodgate aren't football geniuses, they just used what they have. I hope some managers work out a plan to stop them, as they were effective, but we could have gone more toe to toe with arguably better players...

they were strongest side we've faced and will certainly set a decent points total. United need to focus on the next game as if we finish well we'll still be in the mix for top 2. not many teams will get at our defence like that if any from now on in

Best team we've played this season but they will have raised their game for us. Lets see how they cope against cloggers who put 10 behind the ball. We started half their moves with our terrible passing and ball retention. If they played like that every game, they'd be top.
Agree with this.

Far too many unenforced errors.

First goal, Lowe doesn't jocky his man properly. This leads Robbo to come over when he should have stayed with Akpom. As soon as he moved across I thought I hope someone is covering him.

Second goal, pretty sure Norwood did this once before, tackling facing the wrong way. Maybe against Arsenal or someone in the cup. One when McGoldrick missed a few chances. You just don't slide in and to be fair it was just the gift they wanted at the right time. To completely undo whatever we'd discussed at half time and give them a boost.

Third is poor refereeing from a supposed elite official. McAtee is so clearly fouled. He was naive to not go down but as Hecky has said on numerous occasions there is no benefit in staying on your feet. Just chest, dive, fall over. That's the message unfortunately. Anyway, we got no advantage and he should have pulled it back but didn't.

I was happy to get in level after we lost our way a bit after a bright start.

Let's not go over the top with how they were though. We were up one goal and the other should have been our foul. In the second half they hardly laid a glove on us. But unfortunately they didn't need to. We huffed and puffed. The midfield was constantly picking the wrong choices and the dribblers in the team kept walking into trouble.

As you say, it was an open basketball game which suited them and for which they came out this time. They might not find it so easy when teams recognise their threat and park the bus. It becomes a totally different game then.

I still think in the accumulation of points we will be able to get too many for them to catch us.

I’ve no complaints tonight. Simply beaten by a better side. To be honest, they’re good to watch, quick on the break, crisp passing, good movement. If we go up, we’re crying out for pace in the side. But we’ve been saying that for years. It’s a shame we couldn’t have brought in a couple of half decent players in January but it is what it is, The Boardroom stuff is boiling my piss at the moment but we never do things the easy way.

Er…… they haven’t done too bad so far…..

yes we could do with a Blackpool or A Rotherham picking up a skanky 0-0 or 0-1 over the next few weeks

Well-done boro Carrick seems a nice guy , doing a unbelievable job on where they were when he took over

Previous Boro manager must have been toss 🤣

It was like watching us against a top half Premier League side, there were spells when we were getting outclassed.
Very impressed with Boro, the best team we've seen in the Championship since we've been back down here over the last 2 seasons.

HOWEVER it's just one game and we did have quite a few chances ourselves.
We still have a massive buffer and Boro won't play as well as that every week.
It's a big disappointment but I believe this team has great experience and character
So let's see how we and bounce back.

Looking at the stats their shot conversion is a bit daft right now. 5 on target, 3 goals. We had 10 on target and scored one.

Just wasn't our night. Too many just didn't perform to their levels
They had the audacity to kick the ball hard towards the net, we didn’t bother doing the same. Ili needs to find his scoring boots again and the rest of them need to stop trying to walk it in.

Agree with this.

Far too many unenforced errors.

First goal, Lowe doesn't jocky his man properly. This leads Robbo to come over when he should have stayed with Akpom. As soon as he moved across I thought I hope someone is covering him.

Second goal, pretty sure Norwood did this once before, tackling facing the wrong way. Maybe against Arsenal or someone in the cup. One when McGoldrick missed a few chances. You just don't slide in and to be fair it was just the gift they wanted at the right time. To completely undo whatever we'd discussed at half time and give them a boost.

Third is poor refereeing from a supposed elite official. McAtee is so clearly fouled. He was naive to not go down but as Hecky has said on numerous occasions there is no benefit in staying on your feet. Just chest, dive, fall over. That's the message unfortunately. Anyway, we got no advantage and he should have pulled it back but didn't.

I was happy to get in level after we lost our way a bit after a bright start.

Let's not go over the top with how they were though. We were up one goal and the other should have been our foul. In the second half they hardly laid a glove on us. But unfortunately they didn't need to. We huffed and puffed. The midfield was constantly picking the wrong choices and the dribblers in the team kept walking into trouble.

As you say, it was an open basketball game which suited them and for which they came out this time. They might not find it so easy when teams recognise their threat and park the bus. It becomes a totally different game then.

I still think in the accumulation of points we will be able to get too many for them to catch us.
Macca shudda done the famous Mullin Swan Dive and we wouldn’t be talking about it…

Back
Top Bottom