Cov, Huddersfield, Luton, Blackpool, Millwall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shrblade

Reaction score
Lots of talk about the need for money to spend. Need for January transfer windows. Will Slav get any money….look at who is in and around the play offs! We are spineless. Manager, players, owner - all the way through the club. Heaven help us.

Lots of talk about the need for money to spend. Need for January transfer windows. Will Slav get any money….look at who is in and around the play offs! We are spineless. Manager, players, owner - all the way through the club. Heaven help us.
I remember my first nonsensical panic post with a theological bent.

we need to change by having a few in and a few out that stops big increases in the wage bill
we got in the prem without massive investment dont see why we need millions now
just some shrewd dealing can improve the situation

I remember my first nonsensical panic post with a theological bent.
Did you also get ridiculed without anyone ever discussing the actual point you made?

Even though I find it funny, I do feel for some of the newer posters on here. Let's face it, it's a minefield trying to get your point across coherently. I think my first ever post suggested Jose Baxter was a decent player for us..... fuck me, I was not prepared for the reaction eh sitwell ?

Anyway, my advice to you Shrblade is not to take it personally, be humble and take the blows with good humour as they come.

In answer to the original point, hmm, well let's not forget that quite a number of the current squad were there when we won promotion and were considered the Luton, Coventry, Millwall, Huddersfield and Blackpool of 2018-19. I'm not sure I'd use the term spineless, I just think a lot of the players have a fragile confidence and I don't think most of them are yet comfortable in the format Slav has us playing.

I thought this was going to be another one of those "Next 5 games are crucial. Let's have your predictions" threads.

Imagine my disappointment.😆

Did you also get ridiculed without anyone ever discussing the actual point you made?

Even though I find it funny, I do feel for some of the newer posters on here. Let's face it, it's a minefield trying to get your point across coherently. I think my first ever post suggested Jose Baxter was a decent player for us..... fuck me, I was not prepared for the reaction eh sitwell ?

Anyway, my advice to you Shrblade is not to take it personally, be humble and take the blows with good humour as they come.

In answer to the original point, hmm, well let's not forget that quite a number of the current squad were there when we won promotion and were considered the Luton, Coventry, Millwall, Huddersfield and Blackpool of 2018-19. I'm not sure I'd use the term spineless, I just think a lot of the players have a fragile confidence and I don't think most of them are yet comfortable in the format Slav has us playing.
I don’t find it a minefield and people need to remember not to take message boards seriously. There is some darker stuff on here, but it’s rare.

To the OP, it’s just odd to call the players, owner or manager spineless, let alone all three. Apart from anything else, the players and owner have surely proven themselves, while Slav isn’t shying away from the fact we haven’t been good enough.

I don’t think doom mongering is helpful, but the OP is wildly exaggerating how bad things are and the post can be called out as such, as a bit of fun. Hopefully that’s all the OP sees it as.

I don’t find it a minefield and people need to remember not to take message boards seriously. There is some darker stuff on here, but it’s rare.

To the OP, it’s just odd to call the players, owner or manager spineless, let alone all three. Apart from anything else, the players and owner have surely proven themselves, while Slav isn’t shying away from the fact we haven’t been good enough.

I don’t think doom mongering is helpful, but the OP is wildly exaggerating how bad things are and the post can be called out as such, as a bit of fun. Hopefully that’s all the OP sees it as.
I didn't mean that first line to seem as aggressive as it probably did.

I've replied on the thread with pretty much the same views as yourself.

I'm joking now, but it's like we are all school teachers and when someone who hasn't posted before or it's been 4 years since their last one, we 'red pen' it and say 'could do better' or 'go away and do it again' and 'poor spelling and grammar'.

I didn't mean that first line to seem as aggressive as it probably did.

I've replied on the thread with pretty much the same views as yourself.

I'm joking now, but it's like we are all school teachers and when someone who hasn't posted before or it's been 4 years since their last one, we 'red pen' it and say 'could do better' or 'go away and do it again' and 'poor spelling and grammar'.
No worries at all mate!

Haha indeed, I do see what you mean.

I remember my first post recently having not understood the different forums. What a bunch of miserable twats was my reaction. Mind you I still think that.

And, black to the shadows.........

Back
Top Bottom