Conor Coady Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Conor Coady had some very kind words for us in a recent interview. It's good to see how so many players still hold the club in such high regard long after they've left us.

Personally, I'd put Coady right up there with Dean Henderson and MGW in terms of fantastic loan signings that I was most gutted to see leave. An excellent defender who I'd still gladly have with us now.

Coady was a great loan signing. I was so disappointed we didn't push harder to sign him . Particularly when Hudders picked him up relatively cheaply.
Agreed.

Didn’t Huddersfield get him for about £800k ? A steal really

I'd totally forgotten that he'd gone to town?! Wow. What a missed opportunity for us!! 🤯

That interview is the epitome of the difference in attitude between a driven professional footballer, and the modern day lad who wants online followers, labels, a range rover and the occasionally appearance on a football pitch. Cough, Jesse Lingard, Cough.

• Banned
I'd totally forgotten that he'd gone to town?! Wow. What a missed opportunity for us!! 🤯

That interview is the epitome of the difference in attitude between a driven professional footballer, and the modern day lad who wants online followers, labels, a range rover and the occasionally appearance on a football pitch. Cough, Jesse Lingard, Cough.

100%

Interviews like this should be required reading for any young prospect in danger of cunting themselves out of a career.

It was pretty easy for Coady to become a big crowd favourite at the Lane.

Obviously he had decent quality but what made him popular was his character, down to earth, hardworking and will to win.
He played like he was a fan of the club........when any player gives 100% and appears to genuinely care....our fans always take them to their hearts.

Delete Lingard and insert Lopata, or even Burke? :)

Maybe he’s out of our reach but it seems like he is available

Unless we get a takeover through I can't see him being in our price range on transfer or wages. Other than that, I'd love us to re-sign him but I'm not so sure that he could play right or left centre back and can't see Hecky replacing Egan. Maybe he could play centre mid though? Either way, it's unlikely anyway!

Yeah, after they quoted us about double that. Fkin robbing scousers always at it!
As far as I am aware, we were informed he was available & were quoted the same price as everyone else.

We were his preferred destination, but made no attempt to sign him.

Which was a source of surprise & upset to those close to him.

still think he would be a good signing anel can play anywhere across the back 3 move him to lcb coady in at rcb but its up to these players to accept lower salaries if they want first team football

He'd be brilliant in a diamond midfield with Doyle, McAtee and Berge. Would mean switching to a back four though.

Coady is a versatile player. He doesn't have to be exclusively a centre back.

He played midfield for us don’t forget.

Suspect wages would be a problem. Will have been on good wages at Wolves and suspect even bigger at Everton way above our structure.

Suspect wages would be a problem. Will have been on good wages at Wolves and suspect even bigger at Everton way above our structure.
He’s only on loan at Everton so once the seasons done he’s back at Wolves who don’t want him

He'd be brilliant in a diamond midfield with Doyle, McAtee and Berge. Would mean switching to a back four though.
yeah not a bad idea that forgot he used to be a midfielder i like the 4 at the back idea although know it wont happen but coady and doyle could be the 2 pivots protecting anel and egan with berge and illiman playing behind a new striker

Back
Top Bottom